So You're Telling Me...

PTPer

Hope you're all happy by winning a battle and losing the war. I am a realist husker fan and one thing I can't stand about my bretheran is their blind focus on the local team.

Riley and the Cornhuskers were in one bowl game, they won one bowl game. Unless Riley loses the trophy at the airport, it's "Mission Accomplished!" and he gets and A+. Everybody starts 0-0 next year, so take a deep breath and relax.

As for being "a realist husker fan", I have been through the Wishbone Menace, Texas A&M trying to buy a national championship by hiring Jackie Sherrill, "Sooner Magic"," Florida speed", and the life or death struggle to sign Marcus Dupree. These all were watershed moments for "realist Husker fans" who were obsessed with how they could doom Cornhusker football for all time. We survived.

• Fire 6

How did the youngster like it Guy? Did it get cold? Never saw the fog that rolls into the Holiday bowl every year.

We had a great time. My boy yelled himself horse, and there was a lot of good stuff to yell about.

But it was the Gerry call at the end of the first half that really got the Husker fans jacked up, and it continued for the rest of the game. I think it might have motivated the players, too.

It was cold at Levi Stadium. Like Nebraska in early November cold. Gloves and stocking caps. But windless and clear as a bell. Felt like football weather in a good way.

Thank you for sharing this Guy! THIS is the true essence of Nebraska football. Sharing our love of the game with the next generation! We were watching the game with our 20-month old grandson who would mimic us by saying Go Huker! and Good D! Such fun! Glad for the win! Great start to the new year!

Hope you're all happy by winning a battle and losing the war. I am a realist husker fan and one thing I can't stand about my bretheran is their blind focus on the local team.

Riley and the Cornhuskers were in one bowl game, they won one bowl game. Unless Riley loses the trophy at the airport, it's "Mission Accomplished!" and he gets and A+. Everybody starts 0-0 next year, so take a deep breath and relax.

As for being "a realist husker fan", I have been through the Wishbone Menace, Texas A&M trying to buy a national championship by hiring Jackie Sherrill, "Sooner Magic"," Florida speed", and the life or death struggle to sign Marcus Dupree. These all were watershed moments for "realist Husker fans" who were obsessed with how they could doom Cornhusker football for all time. We survived.

I had season tickets one year next to a 70 year old woman who came to every game by herself. This was 1978, mind you, and that was a solid Osborne team.

But every time Nebraska punted or the opponent got a first down, she said "well there goes the Orange Bowl!"

It's a odd way to approach life, but it does prevent you from being too disappointed.

He's saying that they should have used the same game plan all season.

In theory that would make a lot of fans happy! Myself included.

However, you also run the risk of being too predictable. Some of those points last night were because ucla didn't game plan for us to play that style.

To predictable? Didn't hurt Iowa Mich St to much. There are a ton of other teams that are pretty predictable and had a lot of success

I'd rather be unpredictable than predictable. I'd rather have the defense guessing what's coming next.
i would rather show you something you can't stop and dare you to adjust.

Yup. Let's recruit some big nasties in the trenches and feed the ball to Ozigbo. Unpredictability and change of pace can come from play-action passes to the TE or a streaking WR downfield.

Yeah, we need more big nasties in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Lets go get us some.

Hope you're all happy by winning a battle and losing the war. I am a realist husker fan and one thing I can't stand about my bretheran is their blind focus on the local team. One game and forget how far we are from the ultimate goal of championship football. Do you know what other coaching staffs are doing across the country to bring winning programs? You have no idea how far we are falling behind, do you? Here you go, just one example: http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/06/18/michigan-recruiting-website/28873677/

So you're taking the me vs. them mentality in reference to your position and the way you see the huskerboard.com members position? Interesting, cause THAT'S never happened before. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, but bottom line is you could get your message across a little better than you are in reality.

Coaching staff had a good game plan going into this game. I wish we would've ran the ball more during the season as well, but it didn't happen, oh well. The off-season is here so it's on to a new season.

• Fire 1

Per Dan Hoppen Tweet: Nebraska play calling this season:

Six wins: 56.2% runs, 43.8% passes

Seven losses: 40.7% runs, 59.3% passes

Honestly, I'm ok with either one of those ratios as long as we're winning. Give it some time and I think some of those 7 losses become wins sooner rather than later.

Honestly, I'm ok with either one of those ratios as long as we're winning. Give it some time and I think some of those 7 losses become wins sooner rather than later.

Gates & Sterup had a lot to do with our success. Gates is our best lineman and he was hurt for a few games. Once Gates came back, the coaches moved Sterup to guard next to Gates. This made a big change in our rushing game. Plus, UCLA is one of the rush defenses in the country!

I should hope Purdue isn't ever a loss again.

But that said, will people be content with 3 to 4 losses a season?

• Fire 1

All of the BOlievers were apparently content with it. Had a conversation with one of the relatives tonight who still wishes we had Bo. I asked him why, and the response was well the team never gave up on him. My response was the big ten title game vs Wisky or last year vs Wisky. He merely said that it wasn't bad coaching that it was just superior players.

Once again I asked how could a walk on from GI be the back up QB for this team. His response well that's not the coaches fault. I find myself having conversations with people like this more often then I'd like to. Not sure if they will ever get it.

All of the BOlievers were apparently content with it. Had a conversation with one of the relatives tonight who still wishes we had Bo. I asked him why, and the response was well the team never gave up on him. My response was the big ten title game vs Wisky or last year vs Wisky. He merely said that it wasn't bad coaching that it was just superior players.

Once again I asked how could a walk on from GI be the back up QB for this team. His response well that's not the coaches fault. I find myself having conversations with people like this more often then I'd like to. Not sure if they will ever get it.

Did he ask you about the 4 backup QBs + 1 starter on UNLs National Championship teams?

1970 - Van Brownson: Shenandoah, Ia.

1971 - Steve Runty: Ogallala, Nebraska

1994 - Matt Turman: Wahoo, Nebraska

1995 - Brook Berringer: Goodland KS

1997 - Scott Frost(STARTER): Wood River, Nebraska

But I suppose you're not a Devaney or Osborne supporter either.

Not always where you're from, it's how you party when you get there.

• Fire 2

One more thing, I wanted Bo gone. But after watching the correct offensive scheme ran with success in the bowl game don't you think we owe that backup QB from GI an apology? Coaches put him in a bad position, when all they had to do was hand the ball off and let him throw 10 short passes. He would've been the game MVP like Tommy. Nope you blame the INTs on his small town don't you?
  • Fire 1