Chip Kelly is looking for a job - Hired by 49ers

Blackshirt96

If we go after Chip Kelly it would prove Eichorst has absolutely no idea what he's doing and would set the program back even further than it is.

This would have made sense last year, but not with Riley's recruiting.

Yeah, if he would have been available last year Kelly might have been a great fit. But at this point it wouldn't make sense. Besides, a coaching change isn't in the cards right now.

• Fire 1

Sure, I'll play along. For the record, I think Nebraska has a pretty good to great 2016 and this coach change talk dies out.

IF we had another losing season next year and they fired him, yeah we would take a strong look at him and probably some other guys. Or we wait another year to see what Frost does at UCF before making an offer. Lets not pretend Riley is bullet proof or anything, and he is getting older. Maybe by then Herman is ready to take a bigger gig. The possibilities are endless.

All in all I think Riley is here until he retires. Whether that is 10 years and some trophies from now, or a couple seasons away and a forceful exit is anybodies guess at this point. But I can promise you all this: When we do end up making a new hire for HC, it will be a head turning splash hire.

A former co-work has coffee at one of the gas stations in Lincoln and Frost's dad also goes there. When Bo was fired he stated Scott talked to several people and after decided he would stay away until HP and SE are no longer in the picture.

scotts dad drives 30 miles for his morning coffee? must be a mean cup of coffee

• Fire 2

Sure, I'll play along. For the record, I think Nebraska has a pretty good to great 2016 and this coach change talk dies out.

IF we had another losing season next year and they fired him, yeah we would take a strong look at him and probably some other guys. Or we wait another year to see what Frost does at UCF before making an offer. Lets not pretend Riley is bullet proof or anything, and he is getting older. Maybe by then Herman is ready to take a bigger gig. The possibilities are endless.

All in all I think Riley is here until he retires. Whether that is 10 years and some trophies from now, or a couple seasons away and a forceful exit is anybodies guess at this point. But I can promise you all this: When we do end up making a new hire for HC, it will be a head turning splash hire.

A former co-work has coffee at one of the gas stations in Lincoln and Frost's dad also goes there. When Bo was fired he stated Scott talked to several people and after decided he would stay away until HP and SE are no longer in the picture.

Interesting.

scotts dad drives 30 miles for his morning coffee? must be a mean cup of coffee

The Casey's on Hwy 34 out by Kawasaki if you want to be exact. Its where lots of the Malcom and Raymond guys go.

Kind of on this topic, since he is now available...how many of you guys think that AD's really have a list of coaches that they would contact "just in case" they needed to find a coach.

I would think Kelly, a month ago, would have been on all the AD's lists that just hired coaches...

I have a list of women that I plan on contacting "just in case" my wife leaves me. It includes Kate Upton, Scarlett, Kaley Cuoco, Zoe Saldana, Mila, Nykee Heaton, anna kendrick, bar, India de Beaufort, Jessica Alba, etc....you get the idea.

I'd think they'd be on most mens' lists.

Kind of on this topic, since he is now available...how many of you guys think that AD's really have a list of coaches that they would contact "just in case" they needed to find a coach.I would think Kelly, a month ago, would have been on all the AD's lists that just hired coaches...

I have a list of women that I plan on contacting "just in case" my wife leaves me. It includes Kate Upton, Scarlett, Kaley Cuoco, Zoe Saldana, Mila, Nykee Heaton, anna kendrick, bar, India de Beaufort, Jessica Alba, etc....you get the idea.I'd think they'd be on most mens' lists.

If you had their numbers right now...how many would you text? :)

Kind of on this topic, since he is now available...how many of you guys think that AD's really have a list of coaches that they would contact "just in case" they needed to find a coach.

I would think Kelly, a month ago, would have been on all the AD's lists that just hired coaches...

I am not sure I believe in these mythical lists? If they do exist, I think ADs put a list of possible candidates together quickly, and only after a certain amount of time has been given to the coach. Factors such as high level of grumblings from booster and fans would also drive it. The coach carousel spins so quickly any more that it would be impossible to have any list that would not be outdated fairly quickly.

I am not sure I believe in these mythical lists? If they do exist, I think ADs put a list of possible candidates together quickly, and only after a certain amount of time has been given to the coach. Factors such as high level of grumblings from booster and fans would also drive it. The coach carousel spins so quickly any more that it would be impossible to have any list that would not be outdated fairly quickly.

Could you imagine...finding the "list" and posting it? God, that would be cray-cray

I think any AD worth his/her salt always has a contingency list. For the life of me, I can't remember where I read/heard this. Just like in almost any area of business, you want to stay proactive and not reactive if you sense things are going south.