Chip Kelly is looking for a job - Hired by 49ers

Blackshirt96

Kind of on this topic, since he is now available...how many of you guys think that AD's really have a list of coaches that they would contact "just in case" they needed to find a coach.

I would think Kelly, a month ago, would have been on all the AD's lists that just hired coaches...

I am not sure I believe in these mythical lists? If they do exist, I think ADs put a list of possible candidates together quickly, and only after a certain amount of time has been given to the coach. Factors such as high level of grumblings from booster and fans would also drive it. The coach carousel spins so quickly any more that it would be impossible to have any list that would not be outdated fairly quickly.

Could you imagine...finding the "list" and posting it? God, that would be cray-cray

Supposedly last year before SE fired Bo he was showing his list of coaches at a booster function. Not sure who was on it. My guess is MR wasn't.

There is no way in the world Chip Kelly would ever come to Nebraska. Even if we are looking for a new coach at next years end, I don't even think NU makes a phone call, or Chip Kelly even answers the phone call.

Talk about polar opposites. It is well known Chip does not like the booster aspect of college football. He is not a likeable guy to anyone with authority at a university. People tolerate him because he wins games. First, he would be an awful fit at Nebraska. Two, he wouldn't come here, because, well, Nebraska doesn't suit Chip Kelly.

• Fire 1

The only booster at Oregon who liked him was Phil Knight, granted he's the only booster that matters, but Phil only liked him because he won lots of games. If Kelly didn't have the success that he had, I would guess he would be out at Oregon within 2 years.

So...you are saying that if a coach doesn't win within two years he should be canned?

• Fire 1

The only booster at Oregon who liked him was Phil Knight, granted he's the only booster that matters, but Phil only liked him because he won lots of games. If Kelly didn't have the success that he had, I would guess he would be out at Oregon within 2 years.

So...you are saying that if a coach doesn't win within two years he should be canned?

No, I am saying with Chips personality, if he didn't win at Oregon he would have been fired. He is not a likeable guy, and he doesn't want to be a likeable guy.

He cancelled many booster meetings. Mike Bellotti would go to Portland once a week to have booster gatherings. Chip refused to do that.

No, I am saying with Chips personality, if he didn't win at Oregon he would have been fired. He is not a likeable guy, and he doesn't want to be a likeable guy.

He cancelled many booster meetings. Mike Bellotti would go to Portland once a week to have booster gatherings. Chip refused to do that.

I feel like boosters get over stuff like that if the team they're donating money to is consistently in the top 5. I'm sure if you asked the boosters if they'd rather have Belloti and his one top 5 finish in 13 years or Chip Kelly and his 3 top 5 finishes in 4 years to come back the majority of them would pick Chip.

I feel like boosters get over stuff like that if the team they're donating money to is consistently in the top 5. I'm sure if you asked the boosters if they'd rather have Belloti and his one top 5 finish in 13 years or Chip Kelly and his 3 top 5 finishes in 4 years to come back the majority of them would pick Chip.

Supposedly the boosters would have chosen Bellotti and they really like Helfrich, more than Kelly.

Again, at Oregon the only booster (Granted the only booster that matters) Phil Knight liked Chip. But when your AD/Owner likes you, that is all that matters.

Chip Kelly Fired: Top College Football Fits & What's Next?

The Better-To-Be-A-Year-Too-Early-Than-A-Year-Too-Late: Nebraska
The Huskers played really, really hard under Mike Riley, all the way up to the UCLA bowl win. But is he going to bring Nebraska a Big Ten title? Can he recruit well enough to get the top talent back into the program? If Riley is on a three-year plan – he saved himself with the post-season win – then Kelly and his offensive style would be exactly what the team could use. The fan base would love it. Again, Kelly was great at recruiting Texas when he was at Oregon, and Nebraska has always done a decent job there.

Link

This is a shot in the dark kind of thing. I did find it humorous though. Eichorst has gone all in on Riley so we have to put up with it for at least another year.

If you guys thought you disliked Bo, you'd hate Chip. Just got done watching him destroy my beloved Eagles franchise.

He's an arrogant POS that no one in the locker room liked. Someone hypothesized on my Eagles board that he may have some type of low-grade Asperger's or something along those lines that makes it hard for him to socialize normally. Everything with him was a power struggle too.

He's a good coach, but he has major flaws and I wouldn't want him A-N-Y-WHERE near the Huskers.

EDIT: http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/1/3/10704508/chip-kelly-jordan-matthews-bench-cris-carter-espn-nfl-eagles-watch-video

What. A. Douche.

If you guys thought you disliked Bo, you'd hate Chip. Just got done watching him destroy my beloved Eagles franchise.

He's an arrogant POS that no one in the locker room liked. Someone hypothesized on my Eagles board that he may have some type of low-grade Asperger's or something along those lines that makes it hard for him to socialize normally. Everything with him was a power struggle too.

He's a good coach, but he has major flaws and I wouldn't want him A-N-Y-WHERE near the Huskers.

EDIT: http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/1/3/10704508/chip-kelly-jordan-matthews-bench-cris-carter-espn-nfl-eagles-watch-video

What. A. Douche.

Ehhh, video seems like a non story in my opinion but it makes sense given Kelly's reputation. I'm not sure having Cris Carter as a mentor if I'm a Philly WR is the best thing ever if you catch my drift.

• 2 weeks later...