January and February

Man....I greatly dislike these two months. Honestly, there is absolutely nothing good about the next 60 days. Cold crappy weather where we don't even get snow anymore in Nebraska. Crappy sports. No hunting or fishing to speak of. No holidays to get time off or reasons to have fun. No golfing.

Is there anything good about these two months? Does anyone enjoy them?

• Fire 1

Man....I greatly dislike these two months. Honestly, there is absolutely nothing good about the next 60 days. Cold crappy weather where we don't even get snow anymore in Nebraska. Crappy sports. No hunting or fishing to speak of. No holidays to get time off or reasons to have fun. No golfing.

the best fishing of the year can be done right now!!!! this cold snap should firm up the ice even more.

• Fire 1

They're certainly not ideal, but the misery of the late winter months makes those first really nice days in spring extra wonderful, imo.

It's a good time to work on projects around the house that you'd been putting off, and like JJ said, human beings sleep much better in the cold. I sleep throughout the night much easier throughout the winter and wake up feeling a lot more rested, as long as I've got a humidifier on. I'm not crazy about it, but it's usually late November/early December that put me in a weird funk around the holidays every year.

the best fishing of the year can be done right now!!!! this cold snap should firm up the ice even more.

There is no way I would go out on ice right now in my area.

This morning was a balmy 35 degrees. Next week it's supposed to be in the 40s for highs. Every week like that makes the winter a week shorter. (plus I'm going to be in Nashville all next week)

After that, basically 6 more weeks of this crap.

I've decided to try to remember how to play the piano from taking 5 years of piano lessons as a kid. I've found some very good tutorials on line.