Signed - DE Collin Miller

Player: Collin Miller
Hometown: Fishers, Indiana
School: Hamilton Southeastern
Position: Defensive End, Outside Linebacker
Height: 6-3
Weight: 230
40 time:
Offers: Ball State, Bowling Green, Duke, East Carolina, Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Miami (OH), Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, South Florida, Syracuse, Toledo, Virginia, West Virginia
Visits:

O8n7o.png

Twitter

Rivals:#34 OLB; :star :star :star
247: #64 OLB; :star :star :star
Scout: #86 DE; :star :star :star
ESPN: #91 OLB; :star :star :star

Hudl

The nice thing about recruiting is that nothing is guaranteed. We have no idea who will pan out to be what until they actually get on the field. Collin could wind up being this class's best recruit.

Obviously, by recruiting more highly-sought after guys, you're just trying to maximize the chances of things working out. In that sense, wish we would've gotten more of our first-choice guys. But I'm more than willing to welcome anyone to the Big Red family if the coaches think it's a good idea.

• Upvote 1

Others seemed to indicate Collin was a backup plan.

Well, we're certainly in backup plan territory now. Prove em wrong Collin!

Can't decide if he's a "backup plan" or just a guy who exploded in his SR year. This last summer he was about 6'2 220-225, now according to him he's 6'3 245. Put up big stats too, 111 tackles/11 sacks/4 FF.

Others seemed to indicate Collin was a backup plan.

Well, we're certainly in backup plan territory now. Prove em wrong Collin!

Can't decide if he's a "backup plan" or just a guy who exploded in his SR year. This last summer he was about 6'2 220-225, now according to him he's 6'3 245. Put up big stats too, 111 tackles/11 sacks/4 FF.

Yeah, not sure how to take it. He sure looks the part.

If he gets to Gangwish status by his SR year, I won't complain.

God bless Jack Gangwish, but we have to be better at that position then him going forward....

Apparently this kid really like Nebraska. He was talking with Bo and company, but was having trouble getting in with new staff but had persistence and got coaches out to see him and eventually got an offer.

It's good to know we have a back-up option in case Ivy fails.

I would think would take both given the chance.

Agreed.

If anybody wants to go shut this K-State fan up....have at it. Please. His whole twitter timeline consists of tweeting at Nebraska targets, Collin Miller his latest

[/blockquote]

@RandyGregory_4 @90thousand @C_millz97 why play at school unranked in football and unranked in academics.

— moneymanager1 (@steviewhen25) January 14, 2016

https://twitter.com/steviewhen25/status/687775197173133312

Lol. Unranked in Academics. That guy's clueless.

Public school rankings:

Nebraska #47

KSU #77

Somehow that equals "unranked" to him and somehow he thinks he has an argument to recruits that they should go to K-State over NU

• Upvote 2

He's literally just reaching out to commits even without a KSU offer. A few of our top guys are on his list.

I know. His life must really suck. Has to use a fake account too to protect his identity and troll 18 year olds. I blocked him.

He's literally just reaching out to commits even without a KSU offer. A few of our top guys are on his list.

so he wants kids to come to KSU but not go to a school that isnt ranked in football or academics?

Actually a pretty decent offer list.

Pretty decent huh?
Do you not agree?

I agree.

Waldo is just being Waldo and implying Offer List = Player Success and since he is only a 3* and not a 5* with offers from 8 SEC schools this somehow means Mike Riley is a failure.

Pretty much sum it up Waldo?

• Upvote 1

Not going to take any visits the following weekend so he has time to talk everything over with his family.

Mark this one down as well.

• Upvote 2

They are always "underrated" gems when we offer a low rated.... But if he doesn't pick us he's "a no body anyways" and you'll say it's no big deal

• Upvote 1

They are always "underrated" gems when we offer a low rated.... But if he doesn't pick us he's "a no body anyways" and you'll say it's no big deal

He is the definition of underrated. There are prospects people defend using that title, I'll give you that. But Collin was rated before his senior year and his ranking has not changed as far as I can tell. In that time, he's grown an inch, put on 20 pounds, and added 111 tackles, 11 sacks, and 4 FF to his stat sheet. I'd challenge you to find me other DE/OLB who put up 111 tackles in their senior year at one of the highest competition levels in their state. If they exist at all, you'd probably have to be talking about high 4* players at minimum.

No, I'm not saying he's a 4* star lol. I'm talking about his production, which is something that (unlike stars) IS NOT subjective. And his stats are damn impressive. Film too, you should watch it.

• Upvote 5

I have to agree, this kid is underrated. The film doesn't lie. And even if you think it does, he has stats to back it up. You don't get stats like his lolly-gagging around and not having some serious talent.

Orrrrrr is he a rush lb in a 3-4. We are all concerned about the lack of dline recruits...maybe they are doing the switch. We have recruited a ton of line backers over the last two years

I can't see him as a DE, looks stereotypical LB

Why? His DE film looks great. Great motor, hands, closing speed.

6-2 215 lbs sounds backer to me.

For a DE I like 6-4, 240 lbs at least

He's about 6-3 245 now.

I can't see him as a DE, looks stereotypical LB

Why? His DE film looks great. Great motor, hands, closing speed.

6-2 215 lbs sounds backer to me.

For a DE I like 6-4, 240 lbs at least

He's about 6-3 245 now.

Watch the film. Not a backer. Def an end.