Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

I always thought Bell was called for targeting because he "launched". Your video shows Bell's left foot clearly is on the ground when his shoulder hits the badger in the chest. What else is Bell supposed to do?

I'm not saying Bell should have been flagged. But, I always thought he was flagged because running the way they were, he could have simply pushed the guy with his hands and he would have been out of the play. It's clear he went for the big hit even though technically he hit him with his shoulder and possibly didn't launch.

I always thought Bell was called for targeting because he "launched". Your video shows Bell's left foot clearly is on the ground when his shoulder hits the badger in the chest. What else is Bell supposed to do?

I'm not saying Bell should have been flagged. But, I always thought he was flagged because running the way they were, he could have simply pushed the guy with his hands and he would have been out of the play. It's clear he went for the big hit even though technically he hit him with his shoulder and possibly didn't launch.

He was called for unnecessary roughness not targeting. Was targeting even a thing back then? Didn't the 'Kenny Bell rule' that came that offseason make a defenseless player rule that either brought about or turned into the targeting rule? Still a BS flag either way IMO.