Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

Ok....what happened to Westerkamp?

Pulled his groin and sounds like he'll be out most of spring camp. They made it sound like it was nothing serious and should be fine come fall camp....no need to push him during the spring

I hadn't heard this and missed this in this thread earlier, so I was a little blindsided by this:

Seems like he'll be OK. But won't see action in the Spring Game.

Ok....what happened to Westerkamp?

Pulled his groin and sounds like he'll be out most of spring camp. They made it sound like it was nothing serious and should be fine come fall camp....no need to push him during the spring

I hadn't heard this and missed this in this thread earlier, so I was a little blindsided by this:

https://twitter.com/danhoppen/status/715676159325769730

So is he getting surgery?

Seems like he'll be OK. But won't see action in the Spring Game.

Fyfe says the Huskers have been working on more zone-read plays this spring.

Which is smart because we have a QB (Armstrong) who's more suited for the zone read offense than the West Coast offense they forced down his throat last year.

Fyfe says the Huskers have been working on more zone-read plays this spring.

Which is smart because we have a QB (Armstrong) who's more suited for the zone read offense than the West Coast offense they forced down his throat last year.

It only took a year for Riley, Langsdorf, and Cavanaugh a year to figure out how to run the zone read game and how to block it.

• Fire 1