Hank Hughes no longer with team

gbr93

100% wrong gobiggergoredder. Go look at my posts. I wasn't a fan of Hughs and wasn't terribly happy about the OSU coaches but didn't say a word about the others. So far I'd say my take on the coaches is pretty close. Read,Banker and Cavanaugh aren't exactly lighting it up. Williams has been solid and Hughs is gone.

Wow. Busy all day and came back to this. Good luck to Hank, seems like a good, professional guy and wish him nothing but the best.

But. Can we shift focus a little bit and talk about how encouraging of a move this is on Riley's end? My absolute biggest fear would be him not getting rid of dead weight, the same way Callahan was undone, and the same way Bo was undone. This is a HUGE statement and a great look for our program going forward. Very, very encouraged by this.

When's the last time we had a coach get fired straight up?

Getting rid of Read or Banker would be a huge statement. Firing a DL coach that he didn't have a long term Relationship is not that big of a deal

• Fire 2

Wow. Busy all day and came back to this. Good luck to Hank, seems like a good, professional guy and wish him nothing but the best.

But. Can we shift focus a little bit and talk about how encouraging of a move this is on Riley's end? My absolute biggest fear would be him not getting rid of dead weight, the same way Callahan was undone, and the same way Bo was undone. This is a HUGE statement and a great look for our program going forward. Very, very encouraged by this.

Getting rid of Read or Banker would be a huge statement. Firing a DL coach that he didn't have a long term Relationship is not that big of a deal

Not a big deal? MR just did something the other regime refused to do. He was not great at recruiting and the pass rush was terrible. Give at least some credit!

Not a big deal? MR just did something the other regime refused to do. He was not great at recruiting and the pass rush was terrible. Give at least some credit!

Some credit, sure. But to act like this is a huge move by Riley is an over reaction. Going 6 - 7 for the season and the only move you make is getting rid of a DL coach isn't exactly shaking things up. If he changed a long term assistant ls that hasn't performed in years (Banker/Read/Langs), then I would give him a lot of credit.

• Fire 1

Think of how good this class could have been if we landed some serious Dline prospects. Every other position delivered in some capacity; we won't win with reaches on the defensive line. It's one of the harder positions to find diamonds in the rough.

Also I'm not buying any budget concerns with paying his contract and forking over the cash to get someone worth a damn. The Ginger's head is in the vice as much as MR, if we have another sub 8 win season.

Some credit, sure. But to act like this is a huge move by Riley is an over reaction. Going 6 - 7 for the season and the only move you make is getting rid of a DL coach isn't exactly shaking things up. If he changed a long term assistant ls that hasn't performed in years (Banker/Read/Langs), then I would give him a lot of credit.

The defense came along last year from LBs to DBs. I'm not sold on Banker yet, but lack of pass rush and recruiting was my biggest concern.

Also we poached Langsford from the Giants and Tom C. was pissed to see him go.

Also, the last regime never lost 7 games. When you lose more games than you win, staff changes should be expected, not a surprise...

• Fire 2

Setting aside the part where a six-win season is more of a call for changes than 9/10 win seasons....

And setting aside that "bad" recruiter may not even be descriptive enough as this may have been the single worst recruiting year at a specific position group ever...

And setting aside that there are rumblings that Riley's hand may have been forced on this issue...

It's nice of you to conveniently forget that Shawn Watson, Ted Gilmore and Mike Ekeler were suddenly no longer employed by the University?

• Fire 4

Setting aside the part where a six-win season is more of a call for changes than 9/10 win seasons....

And setting aside that "bad" recruiter may not even be descriptive enough as this may have been the single worst recruiting year at a specific position group ever...

And setting aside that there are rumblings that Riley's hand may have been forced on this issue...

It's nice of you to conveniently forget that Shawn Watson, Ted Gilmore and Mike Ekeler were suddenly no longer employed by the University?

Watson "found" a job in Louisville before he was ever let go or however it could be spun, Ekeler left for Indiana with Co-Defensive Coordinator title, and Ted Gilmore had his contract run out and not get extended because of hush hush character issues.

Very much different things, and different statements, than straight up firing someone and letting that be that.