LB Rahyme Johnson [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Obviously we did not blow UCLA out but that tape was very telling. We absolutely manhandled them and if you mute the game, it is even more apparent. I am not saying our coaches negative recruited UCLA but I am sure the players told them how easy it was to maul them. I think these recruits know Nebraska has a greater ceiling than UCLA.

Is anybody else bothered by his actions last fall with he Icy Hot? As good a player as he looks to be on tape, that incident really sticks in my craw.

What incident?
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2570864-rahyme-johnson-4-star-ucla-commit-allegedly-put-icy-hot-on-opponents-face

So the article names Rayhme Johnson as the accused in all of the text. If you watch the video, they slow it down where it happened... it's not Johnson, not his jersey number, and they straight up use the name of a different player in the news clip...? Did I miss something?

I can't get it out of my mind. Im sure those coaches are digging down deep on it and can better gauge his state of mind, but it sends up an alarm to me. I've been surprised that it hasn't shown up i any of the discussions here or elsewhere.

Turd Ferguson is that you?

Maybe ... who dis?

Is anybody else bothered by his actions last fall with he Icy Hot? As good a player as he looks to be on tape, that incident really sticks in my craw.

What incident?
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2570864-rahyme-johnson-4-star-ucla-commit-allegedly-put-icy-hot-on-opponents-face

So the article names Rayhme Johnson as the accused in all of the text. If you watch the video, they slow it down where it happened... it's not Johnson, not his jersey number, and they straight up use the name of a different player in the news clip...? Did I miss something?

Yes I think you missed it - video shows it to be #16, which is our guy. He changed gloves afterward and it was enough of a violation that it was reported to the state and he missed at least one game. Maybe I'm old school, but this to me screams lack of character and maturity. As does being a no show for a spring game at the university that you're committed to. Smells bad to me, real bad. I'm out. Not a fan. ( And BTW it was reported in a number of news sources in addition to Bleacher Report. This is a University of Miami move, not a University of NE move)

What incident?

Yes I think you missed it - video shows it to be #16, which is our guy. He changed gloves afterward and it was enough of a violation that it was reported to the state and he missed at least one game. Maybe I'm old school, but this to me screams lack of character and maturity. As does being a no show for a spring game at the university that you're committed to. Smells bad to me, real bad. I'm out. Not a fan. ( And BTW it was reported in a number of news sources in addition to Bleacher Report. This is a University of Miami move, not a University of NE move)

He was a sophomore in high school. The things I did to my buddies as a sophomore would get me in trouble too. Relax and let kids be kids. The no show to spring game means he probably just isn't that interested......or maybe he told the school but forgot to let his buddy know. I feel like you are judging him to harsh.

Something to note:

Lenoir and Johnson were supposed to go to UCLA spring game today... Lenoir said Johnson stood him up and neither of them went....

Hmmm.....maybe they aren't as close as everyone thinks?

No, I read into that they didn't want to go to the UCLA game too bad.

He did say him, Pickett and Rahyme are OV for Oregon game.

What incident?

Nah. We can take him and at worst he falls victim to attrition, just like cmhusker predicted.

Agree to disagree all - I'd just prefer to chase equally talented players without the history of issues. And come on Huskinator, you in the middle of a crowded FB game being filmed, as a just signed recruit to UCLA with lots of attention and press would go out and rub Icy Hot in a kids face? And I can't imagine these boards if a local kid who had verbally committed just decided not to come to the spring game. Again I won't beat a dead horse, but I disagree with you two on this one.

Agree to disagree all - I'd just prefer to chase equally talented players without the history of issues. And come one Huskinator, you in the middle of a crowded FB game being filmed, as a just signed recruit to UCLA with lots of attention and press would go out and rub Icy Hot in a kids face? And I can't imagine these boards if a local kid who had verbally committed just decided not to come to the spring game. Again I won't beat a dead horse, but I disagree with you two on this one.

I don't know details why he didn't attend Spring Game.

Could've been a prom or a team spring practice? Who knows?

Or.... It was a really stupid thing a 15 year old kid did and now he wishes he didn't and has learned his lesson.

Now, if there is something else that he has done to show this is a pattern of actions and he hasn't learned a lesson then so be it.

At this point I'll welcome him with open arms and trust the coach's judgment on this issue.

What incident?

This incident does scream lack of character, however if you look at most teenagers they have done things that they look back at and wish would not have happened. Our coaching staff is full of character and i'm guessing that since they have offered this player both parties have come to the conclusion that this will not happen again. This kid has shown that he isn't 100% committed to UCLA and guessing the staff there has been informed.

"i'm out. Not a fan" - not sure what is meant by that, however I hope this kid is in!!!!

Agree to disagree all - I'd just prefer to chase equally talented players without the history of issues. And come on Huskinator, you in the middle of a crowded FB game being filmed, as a just signed recruit to UCLA with lots of attention and press would go out and rub Icy Hot in a kids face? And I can't imagine these boards if a local kid who had verbally committed just decided not to come to the spring game. Again I won't beat a dead horse, but I disagree with you two on this one.

Ahhhhh, so you're Angel Salazar, come to join the board after having IcyHot rubbed in your face.

Until I actually see something credible, I'm going to assume you're wrong and coming here to start problems that don't exist. Once again, the news video names a different player, and Rahyme doesn't wear number 16 (or at least didn't) - for example, SEE THE PICTURE AT THE TOP OF THE ARTICLE IN HIM IN A #9 JERSEY.