2016 Predictions

I'm interested to hear what everyone's predictions are for who both party's nominees will be, when they will be clinched, and who will then win the general election. I have to say that this is one of the most difficult years to predict, and we are already underway with the first few states.

Democratic nominee-Hillary to clinch in April due to overwhelming advantage of party insiders/superdelegates. This assumes that she is not indicted. If she is indicted at some point, I can see Joe Biden coming in and trying to save the day at the DNC Convention.

Republican nominee-I know Trump is the projected nominee by just about every pundit out there, but I think Rubio will be the eventual nominee. Trump can't seem to get past 35-40% of the vote, and it seems over half of the GOP would never vote for him under any circumstance. I think Rubio does better than expected in South Carolina, knocking Bush out of the race (and possibly Carson), and Kasich may drop out in the weeks to come, setting up a Trump, Cruz, Rubio showdown. If Rubio does not have the nomination in June, he will win it at the RNC convention.

General Election-I look for Rubio to beat Hillary by 4-5 points. The wildcard is if Trump (or Bloomberg) run 3rd party and that could alter the percent but not winner.

• Fire 1

I think Clinton gets it

And I kind of think that Trump gets it...I wonder if he is stuck at that 35-40% range because there are still 4-5 others or if as they start to drop out that he might very well lose voters.

And I think that Clinton-Trump debates will end up getting a top 20 TV rating for the year.

Hillary will more than likely grab the Democratic nomination. I think Bush will rally through the south and grab the Republican nomination. The general election will be close, but I think Hillary will wind up wining, especially if she names Bernie as VP.

In a shocking twist, Hillary appoints Barack Obama to the Supreme Court.

I want Sanders as president, but I think one of the following will happen:

Clinton beats Trump

Rubio beats Clinton

I don't agree with you (bnil) that Trump running would not change the outcome. I think if Trump ran as I and Rubio as R, Clinton would beat Rubio. Trump's supporters seem pretty staunch and I don't think he takes many votes from Clinton.

Clinton beats Trump

Rubio beats Clinton

I don't agree with you (bnil) that Trump running would not change the outcome. I think if Trump ran as I and Rubio as R, Clinton would beat Rubio. Trump's supporters seem pretty staunch and I don't think he takes many votes from Clinton.

Well, right now I think Trump is peeling off a lot of Independents and some Democrats in the primaries he has won so far. If it were a closed primary (meaning only declared Republicans could vote), I don't think he would have done as well in NH and SC. There are still a lot of Democrats out there who can't stand Hillary, especially blue collar voters, that would peel votes from her just as much as Rubio. And if Bloomberg ran as well, I think he would pull more votes in urban areas which would typically be the Democratic candidate's strength.

I do think Rubio is aware that Trump could always break his pledge and run 3rd party which is why Rubio has not gotten into it with Trump just yet. Now that Rubio is surging a bit, Trump will start to take the gloves off and attack Rubio, and Rubio will have to find a different way to counter that gets his point across without sounding mean spirited or knocked off his game.

Clinton beats Trump

Rubio beats Clinton

Well, right now I think Trump is peeling off a lot of Independents and some Democrats in the primaries he has won so far. If it were a closed primary (meaning only declared Republicans could vote), I don't think he would have done as well in NH and SC. There are still a lot of Democrats out there who can't stand Hillary, especially blue collar voters, that would peel votes from her just as much as Rubio. And if Bloomberg ran as well, I think he would pull more votes in urban areas which would typically be the Democratic candidate's strength.

I do think Rubio is aware that Trump could always break his pledge and run 3rd party which is why Rubio has not gotten into it with Trump just yet. Now that Rubio is surging a bit, Trump will start to take the gloves off and attack Rubio, and Rubio will have to find a different way to counter that gets his point across without sounding mean spirited or knocked off his game.

I think this is pretty much spot on. I don't know when Rubio will start attacking Trump but I would imagine it will be his game plan. He might have to wait until it is down to 3.

Trump is stuck wt the fanatical 33-35% I saw one editorial that suggested that Rubio offer Kasich the VP spot right now so he can clear the deck. Reagan offered a PA Senator the early VP spot in 1976 when he was running against Ford. However, Kasich just got an endorsement from former PA gov Tom Ridge and Rubio got an endorsement from former Min gov Tim Pawlenty. So, Trump can win by default if everyone else thinks they have a path. Rubio is splitting votes wt Cruz and wt Kasich. I wouldn't mind seeing Kasich on the ticket wt Rubio. But until the crowd thins some more, I see this as Trump's to win - unfortunately. Even if it got down to 3 - Trump will still get the higher % as Cruz/Rubio split the anti Trump vote.

Hillary, with the influx of super delegates will be difficult to beat. If the press would question her more on her emails and the Clinton Foundation like they would press a republican, then and only then can I see Bernie winning. Yes, I know, many think the email issue and fundraising by the foundation are just a right wing conspiracy agenda items against the Clintons but if a Repub had been involved - they'd had been grilled to well done by now - just because 'of the seriousness of the allegations"

Trump is stuck wt the fanatical 33-35%

I think it still is worthy to point out that this is 33-35% of the Republican base witch is roughly 23% of the entire voting population in the US right now.

Typically I would not say this about a candidate. But, as you pointed out, he is stuck with his fanatical group of voters and I don't see him winning votes much outside that group.

In the general election, I will be shocked if he gets more than 25-30% of the vote. And, that might even be really high.

Trump is stuck wt the fanatical 33-35%

I think it still is worthy to point out that this is 33-35% of the Republican base witch is roughly 23% of the entire voting population in the US right now.

Typically I would not say this about a candidate. But, as you pointed out, he is stuck with his fanatical group of voters and I don't see him winning votes much outside that group.

In the general election, I will be shocked if he gets more than 25-30% of the vote. And, that might even be really high.

I would agree but people will have to choose which candidate they will have to hold their nose and vote for - Hillary or Trump. If there is enough dislike for Hillary out there, people may vote for Trump. OR they sit it out at home and not vote for either.