WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How many times has there been a "grim situation"? It does happen but I'd assume it's rare. Can we stop comparing this kid to a freak incident from last year. They aren't even close to the same circumstances.

If anything, Calvin has been more worrisome than Grim to this point in their time with Nebraska..... Grim was a solid to Nebraska for much of the recruiting process.

Even if he signs, there should be a lookout; we could have a Grim situation on our hands.

I get that many posters thinks he could end up being similiar to Grim, but what exactly are we able to do about it?

The only thing we could do about it, is just pull his offer now... We've gotta decide if we want this kid or not. If we do, we are at his mercy as far as being a "Grim situation." So if we take him, we may as well drop the whole Grim shtick.

How many times has there been a "grim situation"? It does happen but I'd assume it's rare. Can we stop comparing this kid to a freak incident from last year. They aren't even close to the same circumstances.

There's absolutely no harm in calling a spade a spade. Kid has been awfully flaky, and it wouldn't surprise me (or a lot of people) if he's not here in 6 months to a year. I hope he sticks; he's got a lot a talent. Just be prepared if he decides Nebraska isn't for him in the future.

Even if he signs, there should be a lookout; we could have a Grim situation on our hands.

I get that many posters thinks he could end up being similiar to Grim, but what exactly are we able to do about it?

The only thing we could do about it, is just pull his offer now... We've gotta decide if we want this kid or not. If we do, we are at his mercy as far as being a "Grim situation." So if we take him, we may as well drop the whole Grim shtick.

There's absolutely no harm in calling a spade a spade. Kid has been awfully flaky, and it wouldn't surprise me (or a lot of people) if he's not here in 6 months to a year. I hope he sticks; he's got a lot a talent. Just be prepared if he decides Nebraska isn't for him in the future.

Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't here on NSD.

Has anyone even put out anything saying this kids flip flopping? He made a bad decision when choosing Oregon state and has sense come back to his original decision. He retweeted one pro Washington state tweet that was praising him but nothing's been published about him having second thoughts again on Nebraska. We are basing this all on an anonymous message board poster who says "he heard something while in Lincoln the other day". Can we just all take a step back and relax.

• Fire 2

Has anyone even put out anything saying this kids flip flopping? He made a bad decision when choosing Oregon state and has sense come back to his original decision. He retweeted one pro Washington state tweet that was praising him but nothing's been published about him having second thoughts again on Nebraska. We are basing this all on an anonymous message board poster who says "he heard something while in Lincoln the other day". Can we just all take a step back and relax.

How dare you sh#t on Matty's reputation like that!

Hey man, I'm guilty.

A few weeks ago before the AA decision. I called this kid genuine and thoughtful and respectful to the recruiting process. Didn't commit to Nebraska in April, because he wanted to make sure he chose the right school.

I thought that meant once he chose a school, it was going to be done and over with. I was wrong about him and that. I hope he is done now. But, if he signs I'm not going to label him as someone who is going to leave for the next 4 years.

• Fire 1

Didnt his twitter page used to say Nebraska commit etc?

Yes.

Just to throw this out there.

Keyshawn, who committed a long time ago and never wavered, many a time took down his Nebraska twitter banner stuff. Every time it happened, Husker fans freaked out at him on twitter and he tweeted out, you guys are crazy, I'm not going anywhere else.

Sometimes the Twitter stuff is significant, sometimes it's nothing. I guess we will find out tomorrow :)

I want him to sign and would be a huge addition. Luckily our class fills our needs just as well with or without him. I'm going to consider him just an added bonus at this point.

Although I do agree, just because he doesn't have it on his twitter doesn't mean a huge amount. Unfortunately for us, twitter means more to them than a mode of communication with fans.

Yes.

Keyshawn, who committed a long time ago and never wavered, many a time took down his Nebraska twitter banner stuff. Every time it happened, Husker fans freaked out at him on twitter and he tweeted out, you guys are crazy, I'm not going anywhere else.

Sometimes the Twitter stuff is significant, sometimes it's nothing. I guess we will find out tomorrow :)

The one thing different here is KJJ never gave the perception nor had any kind of history with flipping etc.

I really feel that Jamire is doing it for attention. I mean he said he committed to OSU to see how Nebraska would react and if they would show him love still.

• Fire 1

Hey man, I'm guilty.

A few weeks ago before the AA decision. I called this kid genuine and thoughtful and respectful to the recruiting process. Didn't commit to Nebraska in April, because he wanted to make sure he chose the right school.

I thought that meant once he chose a school, it was going to be done and over with. I was wrong about him and that. I hope he is done now. But, if he signs I'm not going to label him as someone who is going to leave for the next 4 years.

I'm hoping he'll stick for 3-4 years. I'm not going to hold my breath on him, though.

Yes.

The one thing different here is KJJ never gave the perception nor had any kind of history with flipping etc.

I really feel that Jamire is doing it for attention. I mean he said he committed to OSU to see how Nebraska would react and if they would show him love still.

That was brandon Reilly who said that. There is no proof and we shouldn't hold him to those rumors.

I'm just astonished on how quickly people want to tear a kid down.

• Mavric unlocked this topic