RB Grahm Roberts

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Roberts would like to be N but we may slow play him since we have some better guys with high interest right now. There are 2 or 3 guys right now who I think we would like before Roberts. He is a good back, but they prefer a great top 250 back if they can get one.

Who are the better guys you know of that have high interest?
Mychale Salahuddin out of Washington DC and Keaontay Ingram out of Texas. Both have breakaway speed and quick twitch that Grahm doesn't have. Grahm is a power up the middle strong guy who doesn't have the extra gear or speed to breakaway. The other guys are more multipurpose backs and Reggie Davis wants a do it all player.
Do either of these guys have us as "high interest" or is it wishful thinking?
Salahuddin does. He'll be here this weekend. I havnt seen to suggest Ingram does.

Down to Nebraska and.... Rutgers. Going to their spring game then making his decision. Think we are committable at RB? Sounds like he was mostly with Davis this weekend.

Since it's Davis, probably.

Second watch of the film left me a bit more optimistic but still. We have all these home runs going on at different positions and can only seem to pull an RB away from Rutgers due to family connections. Potentially.

Down to Nebraska and.... Rutgers. Going to their spring game then making his decision. Think we are committable at RB? Sounds like he was mostly with Davis this weekend.

Second watch of the film left me a bit more optimistic but still. We have all these home runs going on at different positions and can only seem to pull an RB away from Rutgers due to family connections. Potentially.

Lackluster or in inconsistent OL results plays a possible role in RB recruiting? Of course it wouldn't be the driving factor but I'm sure it gets noticed.

Lackluster or in inconsistent OL results plays a possible role in RB recruiting? Of course it wouldn't be the driving factor but I'm sure it gets noticed.

Direct result of a weak RB coach in the recruiting game

Don't hate on Coach Davis too much. Last year's OLine play was a huge factor in the lack of production.

Tre Bryant and Mikale Wilbon are really talented backs. Ozigbo gives us a power and heavy option. And let's not count out Jaylin Bradley. He has the production stats, even with lack of D1 competition around him in high school, to prove he can really play. He literally doubled the stats of every other RB in Nebraska HS football. I don't think we are as bad off here as we thought. Wyatt Mazour showed he can really play too. He is a nice surprise for this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grahm Roberts = Devine Ozigbo coming out of high school? They look similar on hudl but I think Ozigbo had tougher competition in Texas. Thoughts?

I'm honestly left a little unimpressed with Roberts film for this reason exactly. Looks like the competition is below average to me.