Where would you go?

Quote from teachercd in another thread.

That is the great thing about this country...if you are scared or worried you can leave...which I think a lot of people will do.

You're right. This is a great country and there are some in the world that the people can't leave if they want.

This got me thinking about a question I have pondered. I don't think I've ever asked it here.

IF....you found that you literally did not want to live in the US anymore. Where would you move?

I'm not saying I'm anywhere close to immigrating somewhere else or advocating anyone else does. This is more of a...."Hey, if you had to, where else in the world would you like to live"...type question.

I've thought of this, but in another sense. The Bears were threatening to move to Gary if Soldier Field didn't get remodeled, and that would have been the end for me. I'd have turned into a Packers fan or something. So while I get that you're not moving, or advocating moving, it's a fun question.

I'd probably move to Canada, maybe up near Vancouver. Or maybe Ireland, and live simple.

For some reason I think Australia...same language...nice weather...seems like a decent place but I have never been.

I thought about Australia, but when you start researching the wildlife that lives there... NOPE.

I've always wanted two visit there, but I found out the other day that they use a funky looking five time zone system with half hour increments...?

I mean, what the hell is that about?