Hillary and the classified emails

Did you actually read the article you linked? Because your own article says she didn't...

It's unclear whether the talking points themselves contained classified information. Typically, talking points are used for unclassified purposes (e.g. speaking with the media). But in some cases, the material contained in such memos may still be sensitive -- especially if the report originates from intelligence agencies.

On Friday, the Clinton campaign's press secretary, Brian Fallon, denied that the information was classified.

"It is false that Hillary Clinton asked for classified material to be sent over a nonsecure system," Fallon told CBS News' Nancy Cordes.

"May still be sensitive" is a far, FAR cry from asking "staffers to send classified materials unmarked." I've yet to see any evidence she did this.

I guess I'll start 100mph in a 55mph zone from now on and as long as I don't crash, I'll use the Hillary defense, and the cops should just let me be.

This isn't what happened at all. Sounds like she drove 55 when departmental policy is to keep it under 50, and retroactively the speed limit was reduced to 45. No cop in the world is going to come to you after the fact and say, "Two weeks ago you drove 55 here when the speed limit was 55mph, but now it's 45mph so we're going to give you a ticket."

Policy said she should have driven slower than 55 - but this isn't a crime. It's a policy violation. If she only violated policy, there's nothing to see here.

Also, from zoogs' article:

The FBI is investigating the matter, but has said that Clinton herself is not a target of that investigation, meaning that they don’t suspect that she committed any crime.

• Fire 3

That's a damn good analogy there, Knapp. My personal rule on the road is to set my cruise at 5 over when I'm on long road trips. Technically, I'm breaking the law, but the infraction is so minor that most cops just flat out don't care. You'd have to have a real dick having a real bad day to light you up for doing anything at or below 5 MPH over the limit.

Likewise, Knapp was drawing the distinction between departmental policy (which breaking is NOT grounds for indictment) and breaking the law.

It seems like a lot of people like to hem and haw about the political equivalent of going 3 or 4 MPH over.

• Fire 1
  • 2 months later...

Hillary Clinton and her team ignored clear guidance from the State Department that her email setup broke federal standards and could leave sensitive material vulnerable to hackers, an independent audit has found. Her aides twice brushed aside concerns, in one case telling technical staff “the matter was not to be discussed further.”

The inspector general’s review also revealed that hacking attempts forced then-Secretary of State Clinton off email at one point in 2011, though she insists the personal server she used was never breached. Clinton and several of her senior staff declined to be interviewed for the State Department investigation.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/state-department-email-audit-faults-hillary-clinton/

:snacks:

“In November 2010, Secretary Clinton and her Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations discussed the fact that Secretary Clinton’s emails to Department employees were not being received,” the report said. “The Deputy Chief of Staff emailed the Secretary that “we should talk about putting you on state email or releasing your email address to the department so you are not going to spam.” In response, the Secretary wrote, “Let’s get separate address or device but I don’t want any risk of the personal being accessible.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/hillary-clinton-personal-email-worry-223559

She can't figure out how to conduct personal and professional business from two different email accounts like everybody else, so she runs down this one-address-but-I-have-to-own-the-server-because-FOIA rabbit hole and then ends up sending and receiving classified information from an unclassified server.

giphy.gif

“In November 2010, Secretary Clinton and her Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations discussed the fact that Secretary Clinton’s emails to Department employees were not being received,” the report said. “The Deputy Chief of Staff emailed the Secretary that “we should talk about putting you on state email or releasing your email address to the department so you are not going to spam.” In response, the Secretary wrote, “Let’s get separate address or device but I don’t want any risk of the personal being accessible.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/hillary-clinton-personal-email-worry-223559

She can't figure out how to conduct personal and professional business from two different email accounts like everybody else, so she runs down this one-address-but-I-have-to-own-the-server-because-FOIA rabbit hole and then ends up sending and receiving classified information from an unclassified server.

giphy.gif

This is hilarious

Will we see this face again in the near future?

Clinton-Benghazi-G1-620x362.jpeg

Maybe behind bars as anyone else would be once found guilty of evading dept rules, neglect of security protocol, endangering US secrets and operations as a result of her actions. Some say - Treason is the appropriate word because her negligence was so willful.

• 2 weeks later...