Brandon Reilly DUI

Should Reilly be punished more harshly than Randy Gregory for his repeated failed drug tests?

Yeah, he should.

Because Reilly made everybody else on that highway share the risks of his poor decision making.

Because Gregory was stoned only while walking? Or do you think he was behind the wheel of a car at some point too?
Are you serious with this? Driving isn't nearly as impaired while high on marijuana as it is while drunk.
Maybe the habitual smoker is a better driver, but for those that only dabble here and there, I'd confidently say they'd be worse than someone driving drunk at .15

Not to rain on any parades here, but there have actually been a lot of studies that have concluded being high from smoking weed behind the wheel isn't nearly as dangerous as being drunk behind the wheel. One of the main reasons is because stoners typically drive considerably slower than drunks. Stoners typically take less risks while drunks typically take more risks.

I have to add that I really didn't know until yesterday. I read Moraine's post and thought it had to be wrong until I actually looked it up.

i don't deny that, at all - when you're talking about the "stoner." For the recreational smoker, I would question that theory/study. The YouTube link below is a 5min video of a study on the effects of marijuana and driving.

Should Reilly be punished more harshly than Randy Gregory for his repeated failed drug tests?

Yeah, he should.

Because Reilly made everybody else on that highway share the risks of his poor decision making.

Because Gregory was stoned only while walking? Or do you think he was behind the wheel of a car at some point too?
Are you serious with this? Driving isn't nearly as impaired while high on marijuana as it is while drunk.
Maybe the habitual smoker is a better driver, but for those that only dabble here and there, I'd confidently say they'd be worse than someone driving drunk at .15

Not to rain on any parades here, but there have actually been a lot of studies that have concluded being high from smoking weed behind the wheel isn't nearly as dangerous as being drunk behind the wheel. One of the main reasons is because stoners typically drive considerably slower than drunks. Stoners typically take less risks while drunks typically take more risks.

I have to add that I really didn't know until yesterday. I read Moraine's post and thought it had to be wrong until I actually looked it up.

i don't deny that, at all - when you're talking about the "stoner." For the recreational smoker, I would question that theory/study. The YouTube link below is a 5min video of a study on the effects of marijuana and driving.

Which brings us back 'round to why it was brought up in the first place - Randy Gregory. He definitely qualifies as stoner. I didn't specify I was specifically talking about people who did it a lot, though. But the reply was about whether Reilly should be punished more severely than Gregory, and he should. We don't even know for sure that Gregory drove high, and even if he did, well we've talked about that already.

Now you are just making sh!t up.

"Well what if..." Reilly was caught DUI, Gregory wasn't. Since Gregory wasn't, there is nothing in common even for conjecture.

Ted Bundy was caught as a serial killer, you weren't. Should you be treated the same as Ted Bundy because of "Well what if"?

Yeah, he should.

Is it just me or does Abby remind you of Venus Flytrap in WRKP in Cincinnati when they were doing the drunk test?

Now you are just making sh!t up.

"Well what if..." Reilly was caught DUI, Gregory wasn't. Since Gregory wasn't, there is nothing in common even for conjecture.

Ted Bundy was caught as a serial killer, you weren't. Should you be treated the same as Ted Bundy because of "Well what if"?

The point is people want to see Reilly punished for what he could have done while driving under the influence.

Yeah, he should.

Is it just me or does Abby remind you of Venus Flytrap in WRKP in Cincinnati when they were doing the drunk test?

i don't know who that is, but Abby still cracks me up. I watched this news clip when it first ran 4-5 years ago, she made me laugh then too. Do you have a link to who you're talking about?
The point is people want to see Reilly punished for what he could have done while driving under the influence.

No.

The point is people want to see Reilly punished for the risk he made everybody else on that highway take on account of his poor choices.

Reilly was playing Russian Roulette in his car with a lot of people who didn't even know they were playing. So forgive us if we get indignant if he pointed it at them and pulled the trigger...even if there was only a "click" this time and not a "bang".

• Fire 2

Yeah, he should.

i don't know who that is, but Abby still cracks me up. I watched this news clip when it first ran 4-5 years ago, she made me laugh then too. Do you have a link to who you're talking about?

Damn, now I feel old. I was wrong though, it wasn't Venus but Dr. Fever who I was thinking of.

Anyway, I am hoping this is the link http://www.hulu.com/watch/290

It is 20 some minutes long. I do miss this show.

• Fire 1

No.

The point is people want to see Reilly punished for the risk he made everybody else on that highway take on account of his poor choices.

Reilly was playing Russian Roulette in his car with a lot of people who didn't even know they were playing. So forgive us if we get indignant if he pointed it at them and pulled the trigger...even if there was only a "click" this time and not a "bang".

You have every right to be upset that he was out driving like that. I won't argue that. I just have a few issues with the "punishment" part. But if Riley holds a player to a higher standard of accountability than Pelini did, so be it.

Same arguments could apply to speeding, too. But we almost universally agree that a speeder shouldn't be punished as severely as a speeder who hits someone. And if it's just about riskiness, then we should be punishing the heck out fatigued drivers.

As far as .15, that's not that high. Only 1/3 higher than the traditional limit before fed gov required it to be lowered. Just ran a check on healthstatus.com and 6 beers in 2 hours registers .15 for someone Reilly's size. That's hardly ultra-excessive drinking for a college kid.

Again, not excusing it, but trying to put it in perspective.

Just saw this and wanted to lol for a second.

Don't know where your math came from, because 1) its wrong and 2) even healthstatus.com doesn't say that. General rule of thumb is one standard drink (12oz) is between 1.5-2%. Beer, since not hard alcohol, is safer to estimate at ~1.5%. Your body burns off 1.5% every hour you've been drinking.

Using a two hour drinking window, that means he needed to drink 12 beers, double what you're saying. That's a lot of beer to get behind a wheel with.