The Next Husker Controversy

I wish people would get over that sign/phrase.

"Greatest" does not exclusively imply "niceist/sweetist/politeist/smartest"

I always took it as the stadium/program is saying, "you fans have shown a lot of passion/dedication over the years. You guys have been great. Thank you fans"

Even sillier is the vast number of reasons we've lost the title of "greatest fans" over the years. Whether it's getting mad online at Kenny Bell, leaving the game early, Pat Forde getting butthurt about Red Out Around The World, once when we booed after a crappy first-half performance, being unhappy that we lost seven games last year...

These signs are cited over and over and over whenever someone gets a case of the feelings and wants to pass those feelings on to Husker fans. It's kinda funny after a while.

Wait, what?

Even sillier is the vast number of reasons we've lost the title of "greatest fans" over the years. Whether it's getting mad online at Kenny Bell, leaving the game early, Pat Forde getting butthurt about Red Out Around The World, once when we booed after a crappy first-half performance, being unhappy that we lost seven games last year...

These signs are cited over and over and over whenever someone gets a case of the feelings and wants to pass those feelings on to Husker fans. It's kinda funny after a while.

Wait, what?

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/44862-should-nu-take-down-the-greatest-fans-sign/

And Forde's article:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/columns/story?id=5372985&columnist=forde_pat

Wait, what?

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/44862-should-nu-take-down-the-greatest-fans-sign/

And Forde's article:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/columns/story?id=5372985&columnist=forde_pat

I had forgotten about that whole thing. What a dumpster fire that whole campaign was...

And Forde's always been an ass.

I had forgotten about that whole thing. What a dumpster fire that whole campaign was...

It was, sadly, another in a long series of self-inflicted wounds. Forde's article was stupid (as they often are). Failing to own it and saying, "Yeah, we intend to beat Texas" unapologetically, then changing the whole campaign midstream, was a bonehead move by the administration.

For a program with such good web presence, they often have trouble communicating a coherent message.

• Fire 1

Kenny Bell wanting attention and causing drama? That's so unlike him.

Would you say the same about Ameer?

Heck no...you know how this goes...Bell is bad...AA is great.

There's a huge difference in how Ameer and Kenny deal with these things (and specifically, this thing). But keep pretending there isn't and it's just bias that was concocted out of thin air.

Thin air? Posters dislike Kenny because he is outspoken, he has big hair, he has tats, he had the nerve to say he was a poor college student...

It is not thin air...he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and now anytime he tweets anything people freak.

AA was on the radio this morning and all but said "They wanted to take my records down but they still want to use me for recruiting purposes...that ain't right"

But if Bell had said that same exact thing it would have been a sh#t storm.

Do you like Bell or AA more? And why?

Most of the time its not what is said, it's how its said and how you go about saying that makes all the difference in the world. Surely even you can see the difference in how Kenny and Ameer approach things?

• Fire 2

Kenny Bell wanting attention and causing drama? That's so unlike him.

Would you say the same about Ameer?

Heck no...you know how this goes...Bell is bad...AA is great.

There's a huge difference in how Ameer and Kenny deal with these things (and specifically, this thing). But keep pretending there isn't and it's just bias that was concocted out of thin air.

Thin air? Posters dislike Kenny because he is outspoken, he has big hair, he has tats, he had the nerve to say he was a poor college student...

It is not thin air...he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and now anytime he tweets anything people freak.

AA was on the radio this morning and all but said "They wanted to take my records down but they still want to use me for recruiting purposes...that ain't right"

But if Bell had said that same exact thing it would have been a sh#t storm.

Do you like Bell or AA more? And why?

Most of the time its not what is said, it's how its said and how you go about saying that makes all the difference in the world. Surely even you can see the difference in how Kenny and Ameer approach things?

Yeah Ameer was passive aggressive about it, whereas Kenny was honest and candid and made the point to explain how he wasn't angry or ranting but personally disappointed.

This whole thing is ridiculous. If you screwed up and someone was talking about it saying, "Hey I heard you did this. That's really disappointing, I'm not mad, but this isn't cool for these reasons.", and then someone else was standing next to you referring to you but not actually talking to you, saying, "Some people are so disrespectful man" you'd think the second guy was being a huge ass douche and would hopefully appreciate the honesty from the first guy. Well, in this case, the second guy is Ameer.

• Fire 1