Rate Patrick O'Brien's performance

All very true what's been said. He looked like an 18 year old in front of 73k. However there was one out route to the fat sideline that he threw the best possible ball you could thrrow in for an offense only catch that had me a little awestruck. Raw but the talent is there.

• Fire 1

Wow, just found the 4th quarter on BTN. Not sure what was expected of POB, however if you take away his first and last pass, he looked solid. He took a bad sack and had a guy over the middle that was open and decided to throw to him about 5 steps too late. Besides that his passes where all in a place where only one guy could catch them. I think this guy is second string by the end of fall camp.

My next thought was watching Bush avoid tackle after tackle, we need to get him on the field. No chance that he can crack the WR chart this year, however could he play HB or TE? Doesn't look like a blocking TE, however I do remember a few years back where we had a quick TE (Reed #25??) and Cotton (sam??) at the same time.

I finally was able to watch some of him.

He looks like a very talented kid in his first set of practices after leaving high school early.

Not much to take from it other than really glad to see him in Husker red.

See you in 2017.

Depending on how quickly he progresses we could see him in mop up duty this year.

• Fire 1

He looks like a very talented kid in his first set of practices after leaving high school early.

See you in 2017.

Depending on how quickly he progresses we could see him in mop up duty this year.

That's possible. However, I'm not for putting pressure on him to need to see playing time this year. I would be perfectly fine with him redshirting and then make a debut in 2017.

See you in 2017.

That's possible. However, I'm not for putting pressure on him to need to see playing time this year. I would be perfectly fine with him redshirting and then make a debut in 2017.

Normally, that is how it should probably go. In reality, though, our only quarterback choices for the 2017 season are POB, Bush, Tanner Lee (not yet on campus), and Gebbia (still in high school).

While we seem to be loaded up pretty well in QB raw talent for 2017, lack of experience will be a major concern. Given that, I think it would be best if POB did not redshirt. That assumes that he is able to pick up the offense and perform reasonably well, though. Time will tell.

If POB is the QB for 2017, it's imperative that he see the field this year. I don't foresee him displacing Armstrong as a starter, barring injury, but you don't want his first live game experience to be as a redshirt freshman starter.

I don't see it's imperative that he sees the field this year. There have been very talented QB's who started as redshirt freshmen without seeing the field the prior season.

If POB wins the backup job, it's a different story. But, right now he's #4.

• Fire 2

If POB is the QB for 2017, it's imperative that he see the field this year. I don't foresee him displacing Armstrong as a starter, barring injury, but you don't want his first live game experience to be as a redshirt freshman starter.

I don't see it's imperative that he sees the field this year. There have been very talented QB's who started as redshirt freshmen without seeing the field the prior season.

Pretty much my feelings.

Yeah, agreed.

Who are you thinking of? I'm having a hard time thinking of one who had a strong season as a redshirt freshman, especially in a pro system.

I prefer not to have 2017 be a "throwaway" season during which we are breaking in a new QB.

That said, I don't know that POB should be considered the QB of the future. Maybe it's Bush for 2017. Just saying that if POB starting in '17 is where the coaches see it going, then they should get him live reps this year.

It's a delicate situation, to be sure.

• Fire 1