Listening to Bennings Description of His Interview with Langs

So we need an offensive identity is what you're saying?

After 7 pages this I think was what this thread was supposed to be about.

I think that our offensive identity last year was overly multiple in hopes of establishing what we could do with the talent we had learning new things. This year I expect a much more balanced attack, but make no mistake, passing will favor into it heavily. Efficiency should improve dramatically.

I wouldn't mind passing the ball. As long as we can run the ball when we NEED to, we should be fine.

Sounding like they are trusting the RB's a lot more, Newby maybe cementing his spot on top. I do hope we venture away from the whole pass on 3rd and 1 approach.

It doesn't matter if you run or pass on 3rd and 1. Whatever you do you have to execute the play.

Calling a pass in that situation is not a bad play call. Chucking it 20 yards down the field when you have your check down wide open in the flats for an easy 1st down is a bad play.

If we ran 100% on 3rd and 1, I would guess our conversion rate by the end of the year would be pretty poor no matter how well we normally run the ball.

Sounding like they are trusting the RB's a lot more, Newby maybe cementing his spot on top. I do hope we venture away from the whole pass on 3rd and 1 approach.

It doesn't matter if you run or pass on 3rd and 1. Whatever you do you have to execute the play.

Calling a pass in that situation is not a bad play call. Chucking it 20 yards down the field when you have your check down wide open in the flats for an easy 1st down is a bad play.

If we ran 100% on 3rd and 1, I would guess our conversion rate by the end of the year would be pretty poor no matter how well we normally run the ball.

I don't wann relight that debate. Fact is we had a guy in Cross and Jannovich that 9 times outta 10 could have gotten us that 1 yard. Over and over last year we would do the easy 1 or 2 yard play on 3rd down and someone would decide the big gain was more enticing. If you can't trust your QB to make the safe play and get the 1st down, go with a safer play call. Just my 2 cents.

BRB, you bring up a prime example of my concern with this system. In this offense, that 20 yard pass was absolutely the "correct" read because it was single coverage.

To me, it's a problem when a correct read leads to a wrong play.

(And I don't think we should run on every 3rd and 1, especially not the sort of unimaginative running we see in this offense to date).

• Fire 1

I'm sorry, this is absolutely the dumbest argument in the world.

Agreed

Redux, you're continuing this just as much as anyone else by responding to everything that cm throws your way. He keeps throwing out the bait and you keep biting. Any thread he's very active in, there's a sure bet that you'll be right there disagreeing with whatever assertions he's making. For the record I tend to agree with you quite a bit more, but just leave him alone because you're just as much of what has perpetuated 7 pages worth of nonsense.

I was going to respond to more stuff, but I don't even know what we're talking about anymore and why.

• Fire 1

Redux, you're continuing this just as much as anyone else by responding to everything that cm throws your way. He keeps throwing out the bait and you keep biting. Any thread he's very active in, there's a sure bet that you'll be right there disagreeing with whatever assertions he's making.

Agreed. Do everyone a favor and put the guy on your ignore list, Redux. You're derailing threads as much as you accuse him of doing.

• Fire 1

You guys realize that elite coaches are really hard to find, and that being a great coach is a very difficult thing to do, right?

It's not like they grow on trees with easily identifiable characteristics.

Nobody was going to continue the run of success that Osborne ended his career with, because it was the best run in cfb history. But to hand pick a successor that went 9-2, 12-1, 10-2, 11-2, with 3 top ten finishes including being one fumble away from playing for two national championships in 4 years, is a successful coach chosen.

Stop with the lies.

Bill Belichick’s Coaching Tree

I genuinely thought this was funny. :mellow:

You guys realize that elite coaches are really hard to find, and that being a great coach is a very difficult thing to do, right?

It's not like they grow on trees with easily identifiable characteristics.

Nobody was going to continue the run of success that Osborne ended his career with, because it was the best run in cfb history. But to hand pick a successor that went 9-2, 12-1, 10-2, 11-2, with 3 top ten finishes including being one fumble away from playing for two national championships in 4 years, is a successful coach chosen.

Stop with the lies.

Bill Belichick’s Coaching Tree

I genuinely thought this was funny. :mellow:

QUIT DERAILING THIS THREAD!!!

(ok it was a solid joke)

I'm sorry, this is absolutely the dumbest argument in the world.

Agreed

Redux, you're continuing this just as much as anyone else by responding to everything that cm throws your way. He keeps throwing out the bait and you keep biting. Any thread he's very active in, there's a sure bet that you'll be right there disagreeing with whatever assertions he's making. For the record I tend to agree with you quite a bit more, but just leave him alone because you're just as much of what has perpetuated 7 pages worth of nonsense.

I was going to respond to more stuff, but I don't even know what we're talking about anymore and why.

That post was me doing just that, if youll notice I haven't responded to him since.

Not to sound like a dick or anything but if anybody doesn't like my posts responding to him they can ignore me just the same.

I appreciate the intervention and all though.

Not to sound like a dick or anything but if anybody doesn't like my posts responding to him they can ignore me just the same.

We're getting into pot/kettle territory here.

Probably best if everyone moves on (of course I won't know if you did since I'm putting you on ignore now).

We're getting into pot/kettle territory here.Probably best if everyone moves on (of course I won't know if you did since I'm putting you on ignore now).

I'm just as annoyed by all my responses to him as I'm sure everyone is. By the time we hit page 7 I realized how deep in i was.

I see that the revisionist principles that're applied to Nebraska football are also applied in this thread.

Any of you deflectors ready to have a discussion about Langs and his offensive philosophies (or lack thereof)?

I refer you back to the OWH videocast should you need a refresher on the issue.

• Fire 1

CM

give it a rest. It was year 1 with 100% of the upperclassmen from the past staff. We will all get a better feel for his philosophies this year and even better next year. At that point we will all have a clear picture of what it is that langs/riley want to do. I'm sure you will 100% disagree with it whether we are 13-0 or 6-7.

• Fire 2