The General Election

I know everything i need to know about Hillary. She has worked inside the government for decades, and I've heard no one claim any positive accomplishment for her in that time. She has been dismissed on at least one occasion for lying, stole a couple hundred thousand dollars of furniture from the white house after Bill's last term, blackmailed women to shut them up, runs a phony foundation that is tax exempt just to benefit herself, accepts money from countries in the middle East to that foundation, ....

The list could go on for a long time, and there is nothing positive i could ever think of for her. Instead, she has a career of either failures or evil, self-serving works. There will be a day that a woman gets into the white house, but it won't be this woman.

Last i knew, trump didn't have affairs and then have his wife threaten and blackmail those women to keep them quiet, then his wife turn around and beat the sh*t out of him. It's slightly (majorly) different, and much more despicable.

Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as a private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”

“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

He may be right in a legal sense, but it feels awfully scummy to say that.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/27/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html

Last i knew, trump didn't have affairs and then have his wife threaten and blackmail those women to keep them quiet, then his wife turn around and beat the sh*t out of him. It's slightly (majorly) different, and much more despicable.

Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as a private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”

“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

He may be right in a legal sense, but it feels awfully scummy to say that.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/27/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html

Actually, he's completely wrong. Every state extends rape to a spouse. The case law he claims is decades old, and has been repealed by subsequent statute, with the last state to repeal the exemption doing so in 1993. In other words, he's either stupid or a liar. Or both.

• Fire 4

Interesting, too:

As a real estate developer, having inherited his father's holdings, capital and connections, Trump did pretty well for himself. A couple bankruptcies don't bother me -- that's business. On balance he's a successful real estate developer.

But when Donald Trump decided he was a brand, and all he had to do was attach his brand to a product, he generally fails. A combination of arrogance and laziness.

His Presidential run has little correlation to successful real estate development. It's about promoting the Donald Trump brand. I don't find it very comforting.

• Fire 1

I honestly believe there are significant differences between developing luxury real estate and governing America.

At least there should be.

Marco Rubio agrees.

"A deal is a deal," Trump replied, when Rubio made the point that Middle East peace talks had nothing to do with negotiating real estate.

Rubio hit back: "A deal is not a deal when you're dealing with terrorists. Have you ever negotiated with terrorists?"

Trump, who was under attack from the Florida senator all night, replied, "You are not a negotiator. And with your thinking you will never bring peace."

"Donald might be able to build condos in the Palestinian areas, but ... this is not a real estate deal," Rubio said to close the exchange.

Here's the thing Shark. Trump has people in his past that claim he is generous, honorable, and a great man. There are also people that despise him. The same goes for Hillary, she has people that can't speak well enough about her, and also a bunch of detractors. If you are relying on what others think of them as "private people" then you are going to be chasing your tail until November.

These two are running very public campaigns in totally different fashions. They are giving you every opportunity to view first hand how they handle people, interviewers, and public policy. There is and will be plenty of evidence to allow you to form your own opinion. Relying on testimony of friends and family about candidates is pointless.

Well said.

• Fire 1

YOU DON'T SAY, HILLARY!https://twitter.com/AP/status/740657483417563136

From like two weeks ago:

I'm as worried about who comes after Trump, in his footsteps, as I am about a Trump presidency. There's a market for demagoguery in America, Trump is showing that very clearly. When you elect demagogues, you get dictators. History is rife with examples of that.

As I've stated before, this election is about the worse of two evils. On the one hand you have a bully and blowhard outside the political system that has a history of getting results. On the other hand you have a pathological liar who has spent her career inside the system and has little to show for it. Both candidates are deeply flawed when it comes to their character, and the election will come down to whether Americans want an insider or outsider.

That's the thing. What you see on TV and what the media advertises about Trump isn't who he is. There have been countless people who have come forward who have either worked for Trump, worked with him, or been around him, and all of them that I've heard have said that he's one of the most generous, respectful people they've ever met. I tend to listen to those opinions about a persons character before I would ever listen to someone in the media, or a career politician.

I prefer to make my own educated decision based on what I see and what I read about in unbiased sources. And on top of that - My gut. Which has been right (not a placebo controlled trial) at least 95% of the time. Not on the supposed rumbles of people who may or may not have met the man behind closed doors on a good day. Why would you think that after he's elected suddenly we'll see this alter ego Trump? The worst in people comes out in stressful times, and it won't get less stressful for him if elected. I can't understand valuing someones opinion, (who you don't know from a hole in the wall) over documented instances and what you can see if you turn on a television or computer. If your mom or your 2nd grade teacher said she'd met him and he was wonderful that's one thing, but random folks - none of which will stand up and say it proudly? Nope.

PS, my uncles friend's cousin met Mother Theresa and said she was an absolute loud mouth bully. It's true. One of the other nuns that lived with her said it too. My mechanic told me his neighbor told him so.

Why would I not take into account people who have worked along side him and say that he is one of the most respectful, generous people they have ever met? The best example would be from all the women in the smear article from the NYT. They were all quoted out of context, and they all came out and said nothing but good things about him.

On top of that, I look at how much his family loves and respects him, and how well he has raised them to be successful business people as well. Ivanka especially is an extremely impressive individual.

Finally, the stresses? Really? He has been in high pressure situations his whole life and made out pretty well. I have absolutely zero concern about him handling stress.

You know what - you've changed my mind. You're right, because it's far more common for the family of a public official (and that's what he is now) to not stand behind him and to instead say bad things. And if he's "made out" pretty well during bad situations in business then that's all I care about. Not how he's treated others, how he's considered people (their livelihood, their feelings, their rights) besides his own greed and financial benefit.

The president of the US is required to think beyond him/herself. To see a broader picture, the long term ramifications of any decision that he makes. He/she has to be able to put themselves in the shoes of the people that they represent, the rich and the poor, the white, christian, middle aged man and the old single woman, the young black/hispanic/asian/indian man. The american people, and those outside our little (and it is little) world - he/she has to be empathetic, decisive and respectful.

You're right Shark, Trump is all of those things. I'm sure the people on SharkTank think so, and so it must be the case.

(insert sarcasm here)

I honestly believe there are significant differences between developing luxury real estate and governing America.

At least there should be.

Marco Rubio agrees.

"A deal is a deal," Trump replied, when Rubio made the point that Middle East peace talks had nothing to do with negotiating real estate.

Rubio hit back: "A deal is not a deal when you're dealing with terrorists. Have you ever negotiated with terrorists?"

Trump, who was under attack from the Florida senator all night, replied, "You are not a negotiator. And with your thinking you will never bring peace."

"Donald might be able to build condos in the Palestinian areas, but ... this is not a real estate deal," Rubio said to close the exchange.

I like Marco Rubio, but have to disagree 100%.

1) we don't negotiate with terrorists. If theyre terrorists, we should be taking them out.

2) yes, deals are deals. Negotiations are about understanding leverage and utilizing key psychological strategies to get the deal done. I'm completely with Trump on that.