The General Election

I agree with that 100%. I think he needs to stay away from overly provocative statements, but a big selling point of his is that he's real and authentic.

I watched his speech and somewhat disagree. When he is left to his own, he fails to deliver a coherent message, and last night's speech was perfect in terms of explaining why Hillary would be an awful POTUS, and why he would be good for the country. I don't believe every speech needs to be done in that way (via teleprompter), but I think he needs to do that way more than in the past. He is pitching to be the outsider populist that puts America First, and I think it's a winning message but needs a consistent messenger to hammer the point home.

I agree with that 100%. I think he needs to stay away from overly provocative statements, but a big selling point of his is that he's real and authentic.

I watched his speech and somewhat disagree. When he is left to his own, he fails to deliver a coherent message, and last night's speech was perfect in terms of explaining why Hillary would be an awful POTUS, and why he would be good for the country. I don't believe every speech needs to be done in that way (via teleprompter), but I think he needs to do that way more than in the past. He is pitching to be the outsider populist that puts America First, and I think it's a winning message but needs a consistent messenger to hammer the point home.

Speech writers are a wonderful thing.

Trump without them.....not so much.

• Fire 2

Speech writers are a wonderful thing.

Trump without them.....not so much.

Well, like i said in my response, I am somewhere in the middle regarding Trump's appeal. The fact that he is a non-politician and is like the anti-Obama has been a big selling point for him, so he needs to keep it fresh and unpredictable at campaign stops, but I think for major speeches that all the networks will pick up, he should be relying more on the teleprompter. When Trump first entered the race, I thought he just wanted to gain attention for himself, but I am seeing a different side of him now, and I think he really wants to win, and is willing to rely on others to help him across the finish line. I read that he finally hired a pollster after refusing to do so throughout the primary season.

For all the talk about people clamoring for the anti-Obama, a third term Obama would crush Trump in this election.

Should we make the Repubs worst fear come true and give it to him? Amend the constitution!!!

For all the talk about people clamoring for the anti-Obama, a third term Obama would crush Trump in this election.

Should we make the Repubs worst fear come true and give it to him? Amend the constitution!!!

Why would Obama try to amend the constitution when he can just issue an executive order?

Why would Obama try to amend the constitution when he can just issue an executive order?

Yeah he needs quite a few more of those; he's still behind Bush II and Regan.

• Fire 1

YOU DON'T SAY, HILLARY!

From like two weeks ago:

I'm as worried about who comes after Trump, in his footsteps, as I am about a Trump presidency. There's a market for demagoguery in America, Trump is showing that very clearly. When you elect demagogues, you get dictators. History is rife with examples of that.

• Fire 1

bnilhome knows this. He just conveniently ignores it whenever someone shows the numbers.

• Fire 2

bnilhome knows this. He just conveniently ignores it whenever someone shows the numbers.

Classic

It's not about the volume of executive orders but the extent at which Obama has tried to usurp the Constitution. Numbers don't always tell the story. Obama is more willing to push the limits on executive orders than his predecessors. As for numbers, I responded to your other thread with plenty of data showing that Obama has grown the national debt more than his predecessors, and that the projected growth from his policies is going to further expand the debt. I also showed that labor participation rate is lower under Obama than any POTUS since the late 1970s, but I guess you choose to look at your own numbers. :)

YOU DON'T SAY, HILLARY!

From like two weeks ago:

I'm as worried about who comes after Trump, in his footsteps, as I am about a Trump presidency. There's a market for demagoguery in America, Trump is showing that very clearly. When you elect demagogues, you get dictators. History is rife with examples of that.

As I've stated before, this election is about the worse of two evils. On the one hand you have a bully and blowhard outside the political system that has a history of getting results. On the other hand you have a pathological liar who has spent her career inside the system and has little to show for it. Both candidates are deeply flawed when it comes to their character, and the election will come down to whether Americans want an insider or outsider.