The General Election

Are we able to swear on this board? What a giant ass. Seriously, that he even thinks he deserves to stand on stage with a purple heart winner much less take the award from him is just beyond my comprehension.

Obama would have had the grace and dignity to decline, and at the same time praise the man vet for his service.

Yep, agreed as I note above. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving to the media. A snafu a day or should I say a foot in the mouth per day or maybe 2. As the yahoo article I posted above states, maybe he really does have some mental 'issues'.

I just realized I basically copied what you wrote up there. Oops!

In the same interview, Trump does the exact opposite of "kissing babies". He actually asked for a baby to be removed because "she really thought I wanted to hear her baby cry while I talked?"....

THANK YOU - that made me belly laugh at the end of a very long day. Unbelievable. I assume this wasn't the kid dropping swear words about Hillary. He was allowed to stay.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/02/khizr-khan-deletes-law-firm-website-proving-financially-benefits-pay-play-muslim-migration/

Now the Khan story gets crazier. As corruption follows Hillary, crazy follows Trump <_< Khan's law firm removes their website from the net - he specializes in the migration of Muslims to this country - an EB5 immigration program being investigated by Sen Grassley in the Senate. This doesn't diminish his family loss or justifies Trump's careless words - just a bit more info on the spider web around Hillary. Trump's immigration plan to limit Muslims coming into the country will directly affect Khan's income flow. There is also a connection between Khan, Saudi contributions to the Clinton Foundation and the law firm that does Clinton's taxes.

In the same interview, Trump does the exact opposite of "kissing babies". He actually asked for a baby to be removed because "she really thought I wanted to hear her baby cry while I talked?"....

THANK YOU - that made me belly laugh at the end of a very long day. Unbelievable. I assume this wasn't the kid dropping swear words about Hillary. He was allowed to stay.

Be sure to watch until the end!

• Fire 1

So, the whinny little man is crying because the debate committee scheduled debates on BIG NFL games.

Hmmm....I looked up the debate schedule.

September 26 - Monday night football against the Falcons and Saints.

October 4th - Tuesday night and nothing on and it's the VP debate

October 9th - Sunday night football against Giants and Packers

October 19th - Wednesday night. Nothing on.

So, there are two debates against NFL games. But, one is the Falcons and Saints. Seriously???? Not an issue. The other one might be a decent game.

I'm beginning to think that there are some people who just like to hear themselves talk and then there is trump that just likes to hear himself cry and whine.

Yeah.....now it's time for McCain to say FU.

Yeah, or bend the knee like Marco Rubio. It's not going to be politically easy for McCain to back off now.

If it wasn't calling Mexican immigrants murderers and racists ...

If it wasn't his treatment of women and his spirited defenses of men like Roger Ailes ...

If it wasn't his attacks on a federal judge for his ethnic background ...

If it wasn't his indulgence in absurd conspiracy theories ..

If it wasn't his signaling on NATO and America's global commitments ...

If it wasn't disparaging the Khan family...

Not endorsing John McCain in his state's GOP primary. That's where he draws the line? Hard to see it.

This isn't even the November Senate race, mind; it's the primary. With the bulk of his party declining to take a united stand and opting for appeasement and prostration instead, he might well risk even the GOP nomination in severing ties. But in failing to take a stand, they're all enabling.

• Fire 1

Top Christie aide comes out for Hillary ... Jeb's came out yesterday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/maria-comella-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/

But Comella -- like longtime Jeb Bush adviser Sally Bradshaw, who told CNN on Monday that she's left the GOP over Trump's nomination -- said party members can't stay silent amid Trump's inflammatory rhetoric.

"As someone who has worked to further the Republican Party's principles for the last 15 years I believe that we are at a moment where silence isn't an option. We are here today in part because as a party in the past we have remained silent when things have made us uncomfortable. Instead of speaking out against instances of bigotry, racism and inflammatory rhetoric whether it's been against women, immigrants or Muslims, we made a calculus that it was better to say nothing at all in the interest of politics and winning elections.
For me, if our party has a future, we have to change that trajectory and lead by example.
"We have to stop thinking that winning at any cost is more important than governing principles. It should be the job of the Republican Party's nominee to set a tone worthy of being the leader of the free world and not give into our worst instincts. I don't care if it's good politics or not."

• Fire 1

Top Christie aide comes out for Hillary ... Jeb's came out yesterday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/maria-comella-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/

But Comella -- like longtime Jeb Bush adviser Sally Bradshaw, who told CNN on Monday that she's left the GOP over Trump's nomination -- said party members can't stay silent amid Trump's inflammatory rhetoric.

"As someone who has worked to further the Republican Party's principles for the last 15 years I believe that we are at a moment where silence isn't an option. We are here today in part because as a party in the past we have remained silent when things have made us uncomfortable. Instead of speaking out against instances of bigotry, racism and inflammatory rhetoric whether it's been against women, immigrants or Muslims, we made a calculus that it was better to say nothing at all in the interest of politics and winning elections.
For me, if our party has a future, we have to change that trajectory and lead by example.
"We have to stop thinking that winning at any cost is more important than governing principles. It should be the job of the Republican Party's nominee to set a tone worthy of being the leader of the free world and not give into our worst instincts. I don't care if it's good politics or not."

The Republican Party, and the United States of America needs more politicians like her.

• Fire 3

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/02/khizr-khan-deletes-law-firm-website-proving-financially-benefits-pay-play-muslim-migration/

Now the Khan story gets crazier. As corruption follows Hillary, crazy follows Trump <_< Khan's law firm removes their website from the net - he specializes in the migration of Muslims to this country - an EB5 immigration program being investigated by Sen Grassley in the Senate. This doesn't diminish his family loss or justifies Trump's careless words - just a bit more info on the spider web around Hillary. Trump's immigration plan to limit Muslims coming into the country will directly affect Khan's income flow. There is also a connection between Khan, Saudi contributions to the Clinton Foundation and the law firm that does Clinton's taxes.

You start to question the truth behind the article when you read this:

Khan even brought out a pocket Constitution, claiming inaccurately that Trump’s plans were unconstitutional. That’s not true, as Congress has already granted such power to the president under the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952—allowing the president to bar migration of any alien or class of aliens the president sees as a threat to the United States for any reason at any time. Such a class of aliens could be Muslims, or it could be people from a specific region of the world, or any other class—such as someone’s race, weight, height, age, national origin, religion, or anything else.

Yes, the INA of 1952, a bill introduced under the same isolationist, nationalist ideology that existed pre-WWI--not too far different than the current climate--did allow the US to bar entrance of immigrants of a certain race, weight, age, national origin. The Brietbart reporter is correct in that.

But it's misleading. Congress amended the INA of 1952 with the INA of 1965 and later the INA of 1990, which from my understanding of the language removed the President's/Congress's ability to bar entrance to the US based on protected classes: race, religion, national origin, gender, etc...

• Fire 2