The General Election

Hey....I've said, if something freakishly major happens, he could still win.

You just acted like you already knew that was going to happen. Chances are, it's not going to.

Explain the part in bold?

Ignore it. I mixed you up with Duke. It's been a long night at golf league.

Lol...you are forgiven.

I hope bnilhome is paid good money for his dogged work as a GOP counter-programming station. I respect that we disagree politically, but you really are a warrior for your cause.

Thanks for the compliment. I started watching elections when I was 10 and have followed politics closely since then. We are stuck in an election with 2 lousy candidates, but it seems most on here want to spend more time just criticizing one, so yes, there is some counter-balancing needed. I'm frankly amazed we are looking at a 4 to 6 point race still at this point given how bad of a month Trump has had and the fact Trump has yet to spend any money on advertising. I think we will see this race tighten once we get past labor day.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pow-its-just-a-2-point-race-clinton-38-trump-36/article/2599471

I realize Nate Silver is not a fan of Zogby since Zogby relies on Internet Surveys, but I think this article from Pew is pretty intriguing at the difference responses provided between phone and online surveys.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-wars-pew-says-internet-polls-often-more-accurate-candid-than-phone-surveys/article/2564575

I think you are being very mislead by the "4-6 point race". Trump now has roughly about an 13% chance of winning.

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/765896535242571776

Something catastrophic would have to happen to the Clinton campaign.

That is if you put all your stock in what Nate Silver is projecting. Also, if this election were held today, Trump would lose hands down. At this point in 1988 Dukakis was beating Bush Sr by 15 points. I think this race is far too fluid to be calling it now. The LA Times poll is back down to a 1 point lead for Hillary, and I project by tomorrow Trump will be tied or have taken the lead in that poll. The Reuters poll has the race back at 4 points, the Pew poll has it also at 4 points, and the Rasmussen poll is at 2 points. The fact that the polls continue to be fluid in the margins show that voters have not made up their minds yet.

I believe most of the LA Times polls in the last 3 months have had Trump leading.

I hope bnilhome is paid good money for his dogged work as a GOP counter-programming station. I respect that we disagree politically, but you really are a warrior for your cause.

Thanks for the compliment. I started watching elections when I was 10 and have followed politics closely since then. We are stuck in an election with 2 lousy candidates, but it seems most on here want to spend more time just criticizing one, so yes, there is some counter-balancing needed. I'm frankly amazed we are looking at a 4 to 6 point race still at this point given how bad of a month Trump has had and the fact Trump has yet to spend any money on advertising. I think we will see this race tighten once we get past labor day.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pow-its-just-a-2-point-race-clinton-38-trump-36/article/2599471

I realize Nate Silver is not a fan of Zogby since Zogby relies on Internet Surveys, but I think this article from Pew is pretty intriguing at the difference responses provided between phone and online surveys.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-wars-pew-says-internet-polls-often-more-accurate-candid-than-phone-surveys/article/2564575

I think you are being very mislead by the "4-6 point race". Trump now has roughly about an 13% chance of winning.

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/765896535242571776

Something catastrophic would have to happen to the Clinton campaign.

That is if you put all your stock in what Nate Silver is projecting. Also, if this election were held today, Trump would lose hands down. At this point in 1988 Dukakis was beating Bush Sr by 15 points. I think this race is far too fluid to be calling it now. The LA Times poll is back down to a 1 point lead for Hillary, and I project by tomorrow Trump will be tied or have taken the lead in that poll. The Reuters poll has the race back at 4 points, the Pew poll has it also at 4 points, and the Rasmussen poll is at 2 points. The fact that the polls continue to be fluid in the margins show that voters have not made up their minds yet.

I believe most of the LA Times polls in the last 3 months have had Trump leading.

This is true. First off, the LA Times poll is using the same methodology and approach that the RAND poll used in 2012. The RAND methodology was on target and recieved high praise.

Second, as a more general observation, other polls have shown the race tightening. I think by next week Hillarys RCP average of being up by 6 will be down to 3 points or so. The state polls always lag by a week or two so it will take some time for that to happen.

Looks like Trump & Pence are planning to do a fly over photo op to LA despite a request not to come if they aren't helping in some way.

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards' office said Trump had not called to discuss plans to visit, but that the New York businessman was welcome to volunteer or make a sizable donation toward helping victims.

"We welcome him to (Louisiana), but not for a photo op," the statement said. "Instead we hope he'll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm."

Another day, another resignation from Camp Trump.

This from the guy who prides himself in picking winners and managing teams. I wonder how many cabinet appointees he'll go through in the 1st year if he is elected? :dunno At this rate, we'll have the cabinet, a Kitchen Cabinet, and a Alumni Cabinet

• Fire 1

Another day, another resignation from Camp Trump.

This from the guy who prides himself in picking winners and managing teams. I wonder how many cabinet appointees he'll go through in the 1st year if he is elected? :dunno At this rate, we'll have the cabinet, a Kitchen Cabinet, and a Alumni Cabinet

Oooooo I hope he writes a book, or better yet - comes out with all the juicy stuff and supports Hillary!

Looks like Trump & Pence are planning to do a fly over photo op to LA despite a request not to come if they aren't helping in some way.

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards' office said Trump had not called to discuss plans to visit, but that the New York businessman was welcome to volunteer or make a sizable donation toward helping victims.

"We welcome him to (Louisiana), but not for a photo op," the statement said. "Instead we hope he'll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm."

We all know how Trump and his charitable pledges work...

Oooooo I hope he writes a book, or better yet - comes out with all the juicy stuff and supports Hillary!

Donald usually is pretty consistent with non-disclosure agreements so those close to him can't talk about rapes, nefarious business deals, firings, etc.