The General Election

I believe Donald Trump Jrs. quote is from 2013. That doesn't make it right, but he didn't say it as a response to what's going on now.

Dbq-No matter how bad things are in this country, many posters on here along with most of the media want to focus on everything but the issues. It's an uphill battle as many on here are staunchly anti-Trump and are unable to recognize the media is colluding to influence this election. Even liberal pundit Juan Williams admitted the media bias is unlike he's ever seen before. On the nightly news for ABC, CBS, and NBC, they spent nearly half of their airtime on Trump, and hardly any time on the latest Wikileaks which have plenty of ammunition against HIllary.

post-12092-0-99397100-1476495166_thumb.jpgpost-12092-0-36944100-1476495178_thumb.jpg

I'm still waiting for a Trumpster to explain what was so devastating in the emails leaked recently...

If it's that democratic candidates are more like republicans than they portray to their constituents, what is the trumpster's concern? That seems like it should set them at ease a bit.

• Fire 1

Bnilhome. I am well aware of media bias; but that does not make Trump an acceptable candidate. He is not and neither is Clinton. Trump doesn't have even a basic understanding of most of the issues, has said he would direct our troops to commit war crimes and that the troops would follow because he's a good leader; said he's entitled to assault women because of his status; and is connected to Joel Epstien- a convicted pedophile. Clinton understands how government works and would use it to take the country in the direction I totally disagree with; is the most dishonest politician I have ever seen (except for perhaps Trump) should possibly be in jail; and is connected to Joel Epstien- a convicted pedophile. My God, is it too much to ask to have at least one of the two major party candidates not be connected to a convicted pedophile. To me, the two parties have not just put forth two very bad choices, they have put forth two totally unacceptable choices....sorry about that, what started as a reply, turned into a rant. The rant wasn't directed at you, bnilhome.

Morraine - It probably depends upon the closeness of the association and whether or not one ended the association once he was convicted. Ive read that Epstien has a private jet that he uses to go to an island for sex parties with potentially under age girls; and that according to flight logs, both Trump and Clinton (Bill) have flown with him. I don't know if it's been alleged that they have accompanied him to the island or not. I really don't know how reliable the article I read was; it was a link I clicked on when I was reading something else. The whole thing makes my skin crawl.

It depends how you're connected.

My point is we have no idea they've done anything wrong in anyway related to what Epstien does. Being friends with him doesn't make them guilty. We don't know how they're connected to him - or if they're involved in any of the activity he was convicted for. I'm guessing everyone on earth has known someone who has done something terrible in secret.

I agree that guilt by association is not a good road to go down.

Tonight, I was having a conversation with my dad on the phone. We got to talking about police since I saw someone getting searched on the way home. I told him we have the right to refuse a search of our vehicles if they don't have probable cause. Somehow we segued into pleading the fifth. I thought someone pleading the fifth is no more an admission of guilt than refusing a search of your vehicle.

Exercising a certain right shouldn't indicate one is trying to get away with sometime. just like Trump or Clinton knowing Epstein shouldn't really be held against either of them, even though he himself is a gigantic sleaze.

That pending lawsuit against Trump, and this entire week+ of trying to disparage those making allegations against him certainly provide some awful context, though...

I agree that guilt by association is not a good road to go down.

Tonight, I was having a conversation with my dad on the phone. We got to talking about police since I saw someone getting searched on the way home. I told him we have the right to refuse a search of our vehicles if they don't have probable cause. Somehow we segued into pleading the fifth. I thought someone pleading the fifth is no more an admission of guilt than refusing a search of your vehicle.

Exercising a certain right shouldn't indicate one is trying to get away with sometime. just like Trump or Clinton knowing Epstein shouldn't really be held against either of them, even though he himself is a gigantic sleaze.

That pending lawsuit against Trump, and this entire week+ of trying to disparage those making allegations against him certainly provide some awful context, though...

Agreed.

I don't have a problem with Trump saying they're liars, if they are liars.

Where it gets ridiculous is with all the other crap he and his team have said:

1) Why did they wait until now?

2) Trump's a billionaire, they would have come after him right away

3) Trump's a billionaire, why would he need to do this?

4) Trump's a billionaire who's empowered women

5) Implied: she's too ugly to molest