The General Election

Per Nate Silver, the nation's most accurate poll in 2012 is Investor's business daily/TIPP, and it just came out with a new national poll hours ago showing Trump leading nationally by one point. Yes, he's leading.

http://www.newson6.com/story/33428976/trump-leads-clinton-ahead-of-debate-in-americas-most-accurate-election-poll

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/10/which-polls-fared-best-and-worst-in-the-2012-presidential-race/?_r=0

The 4th most accurate poll in 2012 was the RAND survey which the LA Times poll is mimicked after. Those who were rated 2nd and 3rd I don't recognize and am not sure if they are being used now, so the top 2 polls per Nate Silver show Trump with a lead, or a tie between the 2 candidates.

Additionally, several polls showing a much larger lead for Hillary last week have been cut in half, so I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but it appears there is a slight trend in the polls back in Trump's direction.

See, that's the problem cherry-picking polls to prove your point. Of the 50 polls that Nate Silver has tracked since October 1, only eight show Trump with a lead or tied pre-adjustment.

Post-adjustment, only two polls (Rasmussen & the TIPP poll) show Clinton not leading - and both of those are tied.

Here's what I could fit on my screen shot, but go to THIS SITE and look for yourself.

VAdr6Oe.png

See, that's the problem cherry-picking polls to prove your point. Of the 50 polls that Nate Silver has tracked since October 1, only eight show Trump with a lead or tied pre-adjustment.

Post-adjustment, only two polls (Rasmussen & the TIPP poll) show Clinton not leading - and both of those are tied.

Here's what I could fit on my screen shot, but go to THIS SITE and look for yourself.

I'm not cherry-picking polls at all. I agree that most of the polls show Hillary with the lead, but am simply pointing out that those 2 of the top 4 polls he rated most accurate paint a different story from some of the other polls like the NBC/WSJ poll which is polling Obama 2012 voters by 14 points more than Romney 2012 voters. Silver pointed out that the IBD/TIPP poll seemed like an outlier in 2012 heading into election day as it varied from many other polls, but it was actually closest to the final vote total.

I ain't holdin' it against you Moiraine :lol:

Ripped this straight from Reddit...

Reuters/IPSOS

Half of Republicans will only accept the legitimacy of the election if Trump wins, and 70% believe that Clinton could only win through fraud.

70% of Democrats would accept Donald Trump as their president and less than half believe that there would be fraud involved if he wins.

Other concerns are similar across party lines, with concern about voter intimidation high on both sides.

Oooh boy, those are some ugly numbers.

So, if anyone was familiar with that video that made the rounds this last week that "proved" Democrats were hiring agitators to show up and instigate violence at Trump rallies...

The O'Keefe guy that runs that "Project Veritas"? Turns out he is on the Trump payroll.

What's more, from what I've read about the video he released, he cut it up nice and good after essentially coercing the staffers who "admitted" they sent people to Trump rallies to instigate into answering the way he wanted. Not exactly surprising, since he was found to do the same thing in his videos that got ACORN disbanded.

Guy's a tape editing propagandist. I'm glad that whomever admitted to anything stepped away, if there was indeed any impropriety. Just goes to show you there's two sides to every story, though.

• Fire 2