The General Election

I voted today. Living in South Dakota it is clear, and appalling, which candidate will earn our electoral votes. If I were in any state with a reasonable chance of swinging either red or blue I absolutely would have voted Clinton to help ensure Trump's defeat, but given the zero chance of that happening I cast my vote for Gary Johnson as a protest against the two-party system. I really wish more would do the same to get us away from these institutions that have failed the public so greatly, but going down my ballot there was exactly one candidate running for any level of local/state office that didn't have an R or D next to their name. One! I just don't understand why the masses flock to these two parties.

I voted today. Living in South Dakota it is clear, and appalling, which candidate will earn our electoral votes. If I were in any state with a reasonable chance of swinging either red or blue I absolutely would have voted Clinton to help ensure Trump's defeat, but given the zero chance of that happening I cast my vote for Gary Johnson as a protest against the two-party system. I really wish more would do the same to get us away from these institutions that have failed the public so greatly, but going down my ballot there was exactly one candidate running for any level of local/state office that didn't have an R or D next to their name. One! I just don't understand why the masses flock to these two parties.

Thank you kindly, I put in a bet for Gary Johnson to win OVER 5% of the popular vote, so hopefully you win me some money!

I'd vote Stein or Johnson if I didn't live in Omaha.

I'd vote Stein or Johnson if I didn't live in Omaha.

I applaud your responsible vote. Clinton is the best candidate given the alternatives of Trump, Johnson, and Stein, but I'm unwilling to vote for her when my vote makes no difference.

Living in Michigan I'd rather not vote Clinton, but things are a little tighter than I like here. The blind allegiance to Trump by some very intelligent people in this state scares the sh#t outta me... it's so sad...

Thank you ZRod. I'm in a state where we'll go blue no matter what, but it's particularly worrisome in some of the states right now. Appreciate you doing the right thing!

That Clinton lead is shrinking and shrinking and shrinking.

Trump will still have to run the table on those key battle ground states and/or take one or more of some of those light blue states. While the lead is shrinking, Hillary will probably prevail. I don't think Trump has enough time to win those states. However if the vote was 1 - 2 weeks later, it may flip.

Trump will still have to run the table on those key battle ground states and/or take one or more of some of those light blue states. While the lead is shrinking, Hillary will probably prevail. I don't think Trump has enough time to win those states. However if the vote was 1 - 2 weeks later, it may flip.

Nah, not a chance. That would require Trump to stay focused and on-topic for the entire time, something he has proven incapable of doing time and again.

Nah, not a chance. That would require Trump to stay focused and on-topic for the entire time, something he has proven incapable of doing time and again.

Better be careful. The media were falling all over themselves yesterday with the polls "tightening" and his ability to give himself instructions on stage to tow the line.

It still blows me away that we grade the guy on such a curve that not tripping over himself for a week is considered a victory. I mean, that's the bare minimum for any human being. Why is he any different?

• Fire 3

True on the focus part!