The General Election

Hillary understands, articulates, and does have a record of fighting for women who are attempting to fight for equal stature in society.

I have heard this but have yet to see anyone give me one good example of what she has done other than be a woman.

She went to work for the Children's Defense Fund out of law school, did tons of lobbying for LGBTQ people, spoke out about equal rights at a U.N. conference in a time before people really talked about it, led the charge on the Lilly Ledbetter Pay Equity Act, helped create the office on Violence Against Women, etc. That's just the stuff I know off the top of my head and 10 seconds of googling.

Edit - here's a list of things.

http://shewinswewin.org/record-of-achievement/

I'm still pretty bummed about Comey's statement. I know Clinton is not a great candidate by any stretch, and the email thing IS her fault. But regardless of that fact, it still kind of sucks. No candidate, whether it's their fault or not, deserves to get raked over the coals like that.

It only really bugs me because I was hoping America would rise up, flex their might at the polls, and reject Trumpism wholeheartedly and forcefully. It was looking that way, until Comey and that weasel Chaffetz sent Republicans scurrying back to Trump. The thought of Republicans controlling the Senate, sitting on a vacant Supreme Court seat 'til next election and four more years of obstructionism makes me sick to my stomach.

... wait, you aren't serious? Please tell me you aren't serious.

"the email thing IS her fault"

"No candidate deserves to get raked over the coals like that"

No public official deserves to conduct herself the way she did and ever hold office ever again. No citizen deserves to have our nation's information handled the way she did. Did you know Hillary knew it was wrong, and regularly had her maid press "print" on the computer so that if ever got back, it was the maid who did it and not her?

Gtfo of here with the Hillary victim card.

Update - I came back here to eat my crow. It's something most posters on here won't do when they're wrong. WikiLeaks blows c$%k, unless they knew Nebraska was going to play like sh#t. I will always remember, remember the 5th of November now you good for nothing twats.

I think it's fascinating how people are so polarized in their views on the email deal. I'm trying to understand the extent to which I can feel the criticism is fair on the other end. Will you try that in reverse, Atbone? In the coming days I'll try to compile a list of what I've felt were some fair explanations about what the email situation was.

I completely get that people are suspicious in political season, especially when a faction dismisses what other people feel is a scandal because of course they would. At the same time, my position on this is that there's been some serious overhyping of emails coverage. And that's been a real disservice to us as an electorate.

I almost can't complain about that, though. It's more of an understanding, that of course we find a sideshow to have a circus around, and don't keep it on policy. That's how the game we have set up must be played.

I'm still pretty bummed about Comey's statement. I know Clinton is not a great candidate by any stretch, and the email thing IS her fault. But regardless of that fact, it still kind of sucks. No candidate, whether it's their fault or not, deserves to get raked over the coals like that.

It only really bugs me because I was hoping America would rise up, flex their might at the polls, and reject Trumpism wholeheartedly and forcefully. It was looking that way, until Comey and that weasel Chaffetz sent Republicans scurrying back to Trump. The thought of Republicans controlling the Senate, sitting on a vacant Supreme Court seat 'til next election and four more years of obstructionism makes me sick to my stomach.

... wait, you aren't serious? Please tell me you aren't serious.

"the email thing IS her fault"

"No candidate deserves to get raked over the coals like that"

No public official deserves to conduct herself the way she did and ever hold office ever again. No citizen deserves to have our nation's information handled the way she did. Did you know Hillary knew it was wrong, and regularly had her maid press "print" on the computer so that if ever got back, it was the maid who did it and not her?

Gtfo of here with the Hillary victim card.

Update - I came back here to eat my crow. It's something most posters on here won't do when they're wrong. WikiLeaks blows c$%k, unless they knew Nebraska was going to play like sh#t. I will always remember, remember the 5th of November now you good for nothing twats.

Of course it's her fault. It was a horrible decision. I didn't deny that.

What I AM saying is that Comey has now THRICE broken federal protocol when it comes to how we handle these situations. A dereliction in Clinton's duty should not excuse one in Comey's.

Today marks the third time he's spoken out about a current investigation, which is something he's rather explicitly not supposed to do. That should be left to a DoJ official.

You can rail on Clinton all day long about the mail thing, as can anyone. I don't really care and I'm not going to defend that. But Comey continues to insert himself into the middle of the election. And his FBI is leaking like a sieve at this point. At what point can he no longer run the FBI?

The hell is wrong with people, man???

WaPo story

After his speech, Obama spent a moment with J.J. Holmes, a 12-year-old boy with a severe case of cerebral palsy who had been pushed out of a Trump rally Saturday in Tampa. A White House photographer snapped photographs of Mr. Obama shaking hands with J.J. and standing behind the boy's wheelchair, according to a pool report.

J.J. said that he had gone to the Saturday rally to protest Donald J. Trump's mocking of those with disabilities. His mother, Alison Holmes, brought her son, who speaks only through a computer vocalization device. "The crowd started chanting 'U-S-A' and pushing his wheelchair," Ms. Holmes said.

As Holmes spoke, J.J. said through his vocalization device, "I hate Donald Trump. I hate Donald Trump."

Ms. Holmes looked down at her son with what seemed a mixture of pride and concern. "We were put out by security," she said. "Mr. Trump kept saying, 'Get them out.'"

F*ck those people. This isn't my America.

• Fire 1

Tomorrow is the day, according to WikiLeaks and Anonymous...

Haven't we heard this before?

WikiLeaks has never specifically said "this date is the day".

WikiLeaks has named "remember, remember, the 5th of November"...

What did I miss?

Tomorrow is the day, according to WikiLeaks and Anonymous...

Haven't we heard this before?

WikiLeaks has never specifically said "this date is the day".

WikiLeaks has named "remember, remember, the 5th of November"...

What did I miss?

Hey dude, can you hit him with the cool post quote thingy and tell him to look at #4476

I think it's fascinating how people are so polarized in their views on the email deal. I'm trying to understand the extent to which I can feel the criticism is fair on the other end. Will you try that in reverse, Atbone? In the coming days I'll try to compile a list of what I've felt were some fair explanations about what the email situation was.

I completely get that people are suspicious in political season, especially when a faction dismisses what other people feel is a scandal because of course they would. At the same time, my position on this is that there's been some serious overhyping of emails coverage. And that's been a real disservice to us as an electorate.

I almost can't complain about that, though. It's more of an understanding, that of course we find a sideshow to have a circus around, and don't keep it on policy. That's how the game we have set up must be played.

I would say probably not, but you could make the argument. I've spent (admittedly) more time researching the emails than I should, and the level of corruption is absolutely disgusting. It has not been "overhyped" - the leak itself, maybe. The fact that she used a private server, sure, I really don't give a sh#t she used a private server.

The content of those emails, classified or on the most secure server in the world or not, is what I'm worried about.

See, the content is probably the thing I'm least worried about. The fact that she decided she didn't like the rule so to hell with it, that's the worst aspect to me.

We have an tendency in government to go crazy classifying stuff. And SecStates, when it came to *really* sensitive matters, they always have and always will easily resort to mediums other than email.

Again, I'll try to put something together. I've read a little bit more about this from various angles recently, but I don't have time to compile at the moment.

• Fire 1

See, the content is probably the thing I'm least worried about. The fact that she decided she didn't like the rule so to hell with it, that's the worst aspect to me.

We have an tendency in government to go crazy classifying stuff. And SecStates, when it came to *really* sensitive matters, they always have and always will easily resort to mediums other than email.

Again, I'll try to put something together. I've read a little bit more about this from various angles recently, but I don't have time to compile at the moment.

The sensitive, "classified" stuff isn't my issue. It is all the juicy details about how Hillary runs her political operation that is concerning. Nothing "classified" in Hillary's emails is any worse than her literally sharing our nuclear timeline on national television. That was classic too.