The General Election

I am a Trump supporter, and I am not racist, sexist, or anything along those lines. I don't think his presidency will start a nuclear disaster or anything even close to that. And if he overpowers, remember he can and will be impeached if he really crosses the line. I just really, really don't trust Hillary.

... His tweets suck though.

Well said, GBR.

One comment I do want to make is the distinction between accusing Trump supporters of being racist, and the warnings of the dangers of empowering racists through policy, rhetoric, or general blindness to important issues surrounding race, gender, and so forth.

I think simply dishing the hate on Trump supporters gets both excessive and unhelpful. On the other hand, a common -- and very fair, IMO -- criticism that I see is for some of those who aren't willing to vote against him, the serious concerns that many minority groups overwhelmingly have, they're just not on their radar. In a very easy, default kind of way.

Oh good lord. So now if I don't vote for Hillary (against trump) I some how don't care about minorities and their struggle in life?

Nominate someone worth my vote and I'll gladly vote for them.

if i recall correctly.....nebraska voters had no choice in either primary. it had already been decided that it was tRump and Clinton

Republicans yes, Democrats no.

Democrats voted March 5th so it was still a worth while vote.

Republicans didn't vote till May 10th when it was all decided.

Clinton is going to win and I'm going to live in a bunker for 4 years.

This seems so much "Obama is going to take your guns."

Guess what? It's been eight years. We still have our guns.

If for nearly 10 years someone kept telling me "XYZ is going to happen" and it never happened... I probably would never listen to that person.

I am a Trump supporter, and I am not racist, sexist, or anything along those lines. I don't think his presidency will start a nuclear disaster or anything even close to that. And if he overpowers, remember he can and will be impeached if he really crosses the line. I just really, really don't trust Hillary.

Well said, GBR.

One comment I do want to make is the distinction between accusing Trump supporters of being racist, and the warnings of the dangers of empowering racists through policy, rhetoric, or general blindness to important issues surrounding race, gender, and so forth.

I think simply dishing the hate on Trump supporters gets both excessive and unhelpful. On the other hand, a common -- and very fair, IMO -- criticism that I see is for some of those who aren't willing to vote against him, the serious concerns that many minority groups overwhelmingly have, they're just not on their radar. In a very easy, default kind of way.

If you're standing on the same side as the KKK, forgive some for not being able to distinguish the difference.

• Fire 1

Well said, GBR.

If you're standing on the same side as the KKK, forgive some for not being able to distinguish the difference.

Wait...so if a racist likes the same sports team you support does that make you a racist.

If your grandmother was a racist are you one becuase you loved her?

Oh good lord. So now if I don't vote for Hillary (against trump) I some how don't care about minorities and their struggle in life?

Nominate someone worth my vote and I'll gladly vote for them.

I purposefully didn't, and wouldn't phrase it in such an incendiary way. And I think a vote itself, there are lots of justifications for how to use it, which vary depending on where you live.

When that *isn't* something that registers in the same way (and I can't really blame anyone for that; as I said, it's by default), then of course the entire thing reduces a lot more carefree-ly to hey, it doesn't matter either way. They're both bad and I can't vote for either because I dislike them.

And it is about not sharing, prioritizing, or perhaps even acknowledging concerns that are very real and present to others. Whether that's being deported, having families torn apart, or emboldening groups that are eager to commit actual violence against them, putting their lives in danger. I think the criticism is quite fair. You can vote your conscience. At the same time, if your conscience says not to pick a dog in this fight, it seems reasonable to conclude that you either don't recognize the fight at stake for others, or don't feel it's much of a concern compared to other aspects of the fight that you do perceive. Precise enough language, I hope ;) Incendiary is not my goal.

This is a big part of why Ana Navarro, Republican strategist and Florida resident, ended up voting for Hillary Clinton. It's not the only or even the most compelling articulation of the reservations of minority groups over the idea of empowering the Klan and their ilk, but it's the most public and recent example I have.

Well said, GBR.

Wait...so if a racist likes the same sports team you support does that make you a racist.

A sports team doesn't propose racist, sexist, misogynistic ideas or policy.

Having love for a relative doesn't propose racist, sexist or misogynistic ideas or policy.

Supporting a Presidential nominee that does propose racist, sexist or misogynistic ideas or policies makes it difficult to distinguish bigots, from non bigots. Especially when said candidate has fervent support from KKK and similar organizations.

• Fire 3

Well said, GBR.

A sports team doesn't propose racist, sexist, misogynistic ideas or policy.

Having love for a relative doesn't propose racist, sexist or misogynistic ideas or policy.

Ha! Perfect answer