The General Election

One good thing to come of this is it will either be the resurrection or the death knell of the Republican party. There is no option for blaming the dems for the direction this country takes beginning in January. The repubs hold all the cards. Either they will straighten up and get back to sound fiscal conservatism or they will go tea party / rino crazy, f things up, and assure that they are never heard from again. I hope it is the former but really, either way would be an improvement from we've been.

People please listen... don't let them get by with blaming one thing on the dems or Obama. We already had 8 years of a party blaming the predecessor and it got us nowhere. This isn't "get even" time or "what was good for the goose is good for the gander" time. It is time to sh#t or get off the pot.

They promised us "Make America great again"....show me.

• Fire 1

I dont really care for the fact that i am being called uninformed by the manner in which i voted. I dont appreciate the doom and gloom in the air that people seem to think that one man can create. I dont think its fair to say that my 3 daughters were failed because this female presidential canidate wasnt chosen today. I dont see why some news agencys are hinting that unless your a white man you are screwed in this country.

You don't see? Did you open your eyes and ears? Unless Trump is just another con artist politician, people of color, foreign nationality, and anyone who generally disagrees with Trump should be scared.

And no it's not becaus Hillary is female that anyone is dissapointed or that your daughters were failed.

This is why I think many people will be leaving this country.

Hardly anyone will actually leave. Most people don't realize how hard it is to become a resident in another nation. To go to Canada at a minimum you already need a job there.

One good thing to come of this is it will either be the resurrection or the death knell of the Republican party. There is no option for blaming the dems for the direction this country takes beginning in January. The repubs hold all the cards. Either they will straighten up and get back to sound fiscal conservatism or they will go tea party / rino crazy, f things up, and assure that they are never heard from again. I hope it is the former but really, either way would be an improvement from we've been.

People please listen... don't let them get by with blaming one thing on the dems or Obama. We already had 8 years of a party blaming the predecessor and it got us nowhere. This isn't "get even" time or "what was good for the goose is good for the gander" time. It is time to sh#t or get off the pot.

Unfortunately none of this is true. The market crash happened in 2008 before the election. It's Obama who got/gets all of the blame for it, from Republicans.

If anything goes wrong it will be blamed on whatever man gets elected after Trump.

Unfortunately none of this is true. The market crash happened in 2008 before the election. It's Obama who got/gets all of the blame for it, from Republicans.

If anything goes wrong it will be blamed on whatever man gets elected after Trump.

I didn't attempt to place any blame where it rightly may belong. I simply stated that the current administration has spent plenty of time blaming Bush and the repubs and that is absolutely a fact. Whether it was deserved or not is not the point. The point is that we have to hold the repubs fully accountable for what happens from this point forward. I am sick of the finger pointing and lack of accountability in our government. They need to focus on fixing sh#t instead of gaining and holding power and playing the people for fools. There are no excuses now.

I didn't attempt to place any blame where it rightly may belong.

I'm not saying you're doing that.

I dont really care for the fact that i am being called uninformed by the manner in which i voted. I dont appreciate the doom and gloom in the air that people seem to think that one man can create. I dont think its fair to say that my 3 daughters were failed because this female presidential canidate wasnt chosen today. I dont see why some news agencys are hinting that unless your a white man you are screwed in this country.

You don't see? Did you open your eyes and ears? Unless Trump is just another con artist politician, people of color, foreign nationality, and anyone who generally disagrees with Trump should be scared.

And no it's not becaus Hillary is female that anyone is dissapointed or that your daughters were failed.

Hardly anyone will actually leave. Most people don't realize how hard it is to become a resident in another nation. To go to Canada at a minimum you already need a job there.

Hockey player?

Hockey player?

seal clubber?

Hockey player?

Tim Horton's has exciting management opportunities.

• Fire 1

Yep, pretty much where I'm at, JJ.

I'll eat my crow. Clearly Clinton was a much worse candidate than I had ascertained. Trump's ability to appeal to rural areas won him Florida and probably every other state he pulled off as well. Truly a historic election, regardless of where you sit.

I'm not one that thinks that Bernie would have won resoundingly, but it's hard to see how he does worse than Clinton did. Apparently people don't care that much about raising taxes, since the middle class just voted to increase their own. Unless people didn't understand that about Trump's platform.

Regardless, the country was a lot more angry and resentful than I thought. I guess it's OK to promote sexual assault because you're famous and be a dick to anyone who challenges you in any way as long as you blame the right people?

I can look myself in the mirror knowing I did nothing to help this. I don't endorse this man, and I didn't vote for him. I did have trouble sleeping last night, because I worry about many aspects of this deal, more for others than myself. I'm a white male in the middle of the country, I should be fine.

You're right about the outlook for the GOP. They have no one else to blame going forward. I hope we are OK with Paul Ryan's policies, because we're going to have a Republican Congress and their unfettered policies passing on up to Trump's desk. It's the inverse of Obama's first Congress, but the map for the Dems is horrible in 2018 so his advantage will probably grow instead of disappearing in two years. Gerrymandering makes it unlikely the House will be won over in any serious way.

We shall see. I have no reason to respect this man, and I think he is an absolutely disgusting human being, but he will be our president. Things were not rigged; this is what America wanted.

Count me a skeptic. Someone who says "These are all our problems, everything is awful, I alone can fix it" is the literal definition of a demagogue. Trump will prove himself to me by how he governs. I will wait to be impressed... or horrified.

• Fire 1

So if Trump is indicted in the underage rape case he has coming up, could he be removed and Pence be sworn in as President? Or do we have to wait through the trial and then impeach him?

Think that got dropped a couple days ago. The claim by the accuser is that it was due to harassment she received from Trump supporters.