The General Election

A relative of the president has different political leanings?

Wow, who knew?

They rigged their primary and tried to use Bernie's religion against him to help Hilary.
Their establishment was far less anti-Bernie than the GOP were anti-Trump. Although the primaries are an odd mix of neutral public utility and party choice, but we knew that.
And if Bernie's religion was never actually made into a campaign trail issue, is it actually honest to say "they" tried to use his religion against him?

Thank the Lord.....

As bad as the Republicans look, this proves that the DNC is in a lot worse shape. They rigged their primary and talked about using Bernie's religion against him to help Hilary. If people want to see proof of how slanted the media is, watch the coverage of this issue (or lack there of) and it will be obvious.

Edited for accuracy

• Fire 1
The DNC was hacked by Russians. Shouldn't be surprising, and shouldn't be really under dispute.

I'm not so sure that the idea that idea that Wikileaks is a Russian front is so out there, either. Nor a liberal one; here's some conservative blogger making the same argument, and right-leaning (right?) Business Insider covering the topic.

Certainly their agenda is transparent; Assange said so himself. That's a swooning article from well-known Kremlin propaganda arm RT, where Assange hosted his own television show. WikiLeaks' general mission purpose is a little more inscrutable, but they're the group that curiously excludes Russia from its target list while deriding the Panama Papers leak as a US-led hit piece on Russia and Putin (another Russian source, here). Seems like something apolitical transparency-minded idealists would do, doesn't it?

I have no particular feelings about Wasserman Schulz, but in spite of no real smoking gun in the leaks enough political damage was done in this well-timed leak to force her resignation as DNC Chair. The horror show that was the Trump convention had barely ended before this perception of Democratic disarray took over the headlines. That's an impressive result for Putin's agents and agitators -- whose bigger prize remains in November.

• Fire 1

A relative of the president has different political leanings?

Wow, who knew?

They rigged their primary and tried to use Bernie's religion against him to help Hilary.
Their establishment was far less anti-Bernie than the GOP were anti-Trump. Although the primaries are an odd mix of neutral public utility and party choice, but we knew that.
And if Bernie's religion was never actually made into a campaign trail issue, is it actually honest to say "they" tried to use his religion against him?

It came up in the debates, but it came up for both candidates, so it's not like the DNC had control of that question being asked.

Bernie lost the primary fair and square. He lost by a wide enough margin that this particular incident didn't make the difference. That said, the DNC did appear to favor Hillary (they had reasons to do so), but to be this inept in handling the situation (and the DNC email hack in general), it's not a bad thing that we're seeing new leadership. DWS has presided over a successful reelection campaign for Obama, but also lost some pretty staggering ground in Congress for Democrats during that time.

For a while, I used to think Bernie was just finding complaints to lodge as he lost, but it appears he was right on this, and it's good to turn the page.

Bernie supporters got free college, a major healthcare proposal, a commission to try to restructure the superdelegate system, and DWS's resignation. He got a heck of a lot that he wanted!

• Fire 1

The DNC was hacked by Russians. Shouldn't be surprising, and shouldn't be really under dispute.
I'm not so sure that the idea that idea that Wikileaks is a Russian front is so out there, either. Nor a liberal one; here's some conservative blogger making the same argument, and right-leaning (right?) Business Insider covering the topic.
Certainly their agenda is transparent; Assange said so himself. That's a swooning article from well-known Kremlin propaganda arm RT, where Assange hosted his own television show. WikiLeaks' general mission purpose is a little more inscrutable, but they're the group that curiously excludes Russia from its target list while deriding the Panama Papers leak as a US-led hit piece on Russia and Putin (another Russian source, here). Seems like something apolitical transparency-minded idealists would do, doesn't it?
I have no particular feelings about Wasserman Schulz, but in spite of no real smoking gun in the leaks enough political damage was done in this well-timed leak to force her resignation as DNC Chair. The horror show that was the Trump convention had barely ended before this perception of Democratic disarray took over the headlines. That's an impressive result for Putin's agents and agitators -- whose bigger prize remains in November.

TL;DR:

Russia wants to hand pick the next president. You should think long and hard before being complicit in that.

Idiots, racists, bigots, and systemic collusion. If there was ever a more clear sign that D's and R's don't give two sh#ts about regular citizens, I'd love to see it. This is a massive failure by both parties to actually work in the best interest of the people.

• Fire 1

Thank the Lord.....

Whew... Tough life.

I am grateful to Debbie for getting the Democratic Party to this year’s historic convention in Philadelphia, and I know that this week’s events will be a success thanks to her hard work and leadership. There’s simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie–which is why I am glad that she has agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign’s 50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country, and will continue to serve as a surrogate for my campaign nationally, in Florida, and in other key states.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/statements/2016/07/24/hillary-clinton-statement-on-the-resignation-of-democratic-national-committee-chair-debbie-wasserman-schultz/

#MissionAccomplished

Idiots, racists, bigots, and systemic collusion. If there was ever a more clear sign that D's and R's don't give two sh#ts about regular citizens, I'd love to see it. This is a massive failure by both parties to actually work in the best interest of the people.

Eh em......

Third option.

Eh em......

Third option.

Oh, I am voting 3rd party no question.

More bad news for the Dems ahead of the DNC. It looks like Obama's brother is disappointed in Barack's performance as POTUS and is voting for Trump.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/24/why-obamas-half-brother-says-hell-be-voting-for-donald-trump/

And it looks like the DNC asked media outlets to slant their coverage against Bernie.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/24/emails-show-dems-trying-to-slant-coverage-against-sanders/

Obama's half-brother is not a US citizen and can't even vote in the election.

Wow, just what the Dems seem to prefer...dead or non-citizens voting for them. In all seriousness, it's the principle that matters here that Obama's brother is even so disgusted by him that he is not willing to vote for Barack's 3rd term in Hillary Clinton.

More bad news for the Dems ahead of the DNC. It looks like Obama's brother is disappointed in Barack's performance as POTUS and is voting for Trump.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/24/why-obamas-half-brother-says-hell-be-voting-for-donald-trump/

And it looks like the DNC asked media outlets to slant their coverage against Bernie.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/24/emails-show-dems-trying-to-slant-coverage-against-sanders/

Obama's half-brother is not a US citizen and can't even vote in the election.

Wow, just what the Dems seem to prefer...dead or non-citizens voting for them. In all seriousness, it's the principle that matters here that Obama's brother is even so disgusted by him that he is not willing to vote for Barack's 3rd term in Hillary Clinton.

I've been out of town for a few days,

is bnillhome still ignoring my refutation of his claim that MLK Jr. was a nice peaceful well-received black leader?

Actually, your one-line response to how I distinguished between MLK Jr's movement in the 1960s to today's BLM movement didn't deserve a response. If only Obama, Sharpton or Jesse Jackson had an ounce of MLK Jr in them I believe the racial tensions would be much calmer today. Are you stating that you don't agree with MLK Jr or believe he was a preacher of peace?

Thank the Lord.....

As bad as the Republicans look, this proves that the DNC is in a lot worse shape. They rigged their primary and tried to use Bernie's religion against him to help Hilary. If people want to see proof of how slanted the media is, watch the coverage of this issue (or lack there of) and it will be obvious.

Yes, and just think 6 days ago the left and mainstream media were blowing up at Melania using a few similar sentences in her speech. We now have an entire primary season where millions of ballots were cast, and the whole system was rigged to begin with. The Melania speech received coverage for 24 to 48 hours straight...this DNC wikileaks should remain in the news for days if not more.

On top of that, I read tonight that HIllary has now added Wasserman to her campaign. How dumb is HIllary and her campaign. I don't think anything that the RNC did wrong last week could eclipse this email leak for the DNC this week. I mean, it undermines the complete authenticity of the campaign season, but it goes along with the Democrats way of thinking anymore. Hillary completely botched her role as Secretary of State, with nearly everything she touched turning south, and she is seeking a promotion. DWS did not uphold her responsibilities as DNC chair, a position that is supposed to be fair to all candidates and not pick favorites, and now she is not being held accountable by HIllary's team by being able to join her campaign. Hillary and Obama are so out of touch anymore that I really think Trump's push for an outsider may push him across the finish line this year despite his high negatives.

Thank the Lord.....

As bad as the Republicans look, this proves that the DNC is in a lot worse shape. They rigged their primary and tried to use Bernie's religion against him to help Hilary. If people want to see proof of how slanted the media is, watch the coverage of this issue (or lack there of) and it will be obvious.

Yes, and just think 6 days ago the left and mainstream media were blowing up at Melania using a few similar sentences in her speech. We now have an entire primary season where millions of ballots were cast, and the whole system was rigged to begin with. The Melania speech received coverage for 24 to 48 hours straight...this DNC wikileaks should remain in the news for days if not more.

On top of that, I read tonight that HIllary has now added Wasserman to her campaign. How dumb is HIllary and her campaign. I don't think anything that the RNC did wrong last week could eclipse this email leak for the DNC this week. I mean, it undermines the complete authenticity of the campaign season, but it goes along with the Democrats way of thinking anymore. Hillary completely botched her role as Secretary of State, with nearly everything she touched turning south, and she is seeking a promotion. DWS did not uphold her responsibilities as DNC chair, a position that is supposed to be fair to all candidates and not pick favorites, and now she is not being held accountable by HIllary's team by being able to join her campaign. Hillary and Obama are so out of touch anymore that I really think Trump's push for an outsider may push him across the finish line this year despite his high negatives.

Wasserman getting added to the Clinton campaign is just the ultimate FU to all the Bernie supporters. Totally unbelievable. I'm not sure the Onion could have topped this.

I guess they are counting on the convention to overshadow this news.