The General Election

What the heck. Donald Trump just told Russia to spy on Hillary Clinton.

This is real life.

Trump says Russia should find Clinton's missing emails

MIAMI (AP) — Donald Trump has a message for Russia: find Hillary Clinton's missing emails.

The Republican presidential nominee, holding a Wednesday press conference, said that the 30,000 missing emails from Clinton's private email server would reveal "some beauties" and made an extraordinary plea for a foreign power to locate them.

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump said. "I think you'll be rewarded mightily by our press!"

Trump, whom Democrats have accused of having cozy ties with Russian President Vladimir Putin, repeatedly declined to condemn the actions of Russia or any other foreign power of trying to intervene in the a U.S. election.

"No, it gives me no pause," the celebrity businessman said. "If Russia or China or any of those country gets those emails, I've got to be honest with you, I'd love to see them."

• Fire 1

And yet he is up by 7 points as amazing in the latest poll. Distract, smoke and mirrors all the way to the election. And we thought we knew too little about Obama when he was elected. There is something wrong wt the process when we end up wt these 2 candidates. If only Gary Johnson can get up to the magical 15% to get into the debates. They need to poll this board!! He has 34.88% of our votes on the PPPP Poll. He leads. Come on debate organizers, just come to Huskerboard and make your decision to include Johnson in the debate.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

It really goes to show you just how unpopular Hillary Clinton is that she's running against a clown and trailing in the polls.

I remain unbudged from my contention that the Trump campaign has been a plant this whole time. People think this is crazy talk, but LOOK AT THE THINGS HE'S SAYING. Imagine if any presidential candidate in the past 50 years had said half this stuff. They'd have been bounced out of the primaries. Look how we reacted to Michelle Bachmann. Trump makes her look rational and sane.

Here is what I gathered on his press conference from my twitters:

Called for the Russians to spy on the US, said Kaine was from NJ, called for banning immigration from France, called Cruz "not a smart guy", told a reporter to "be quiet", and said he was going to "renegotiate" the Geneva Conventions

• Fire 2

What the heck. Donald Trump just told Russia to spy on Hillary Clinton.

This is real life.

Trump says Russia should find Clinton's missing emails

MIAMI (AP) — Donald Trump has a message for Russia: find Hillary Clinton's missing emails.

The Republican presidential nominee, holding a Wednesday press conference, said that the 30,000 missing emails from Clinton's private email server would reveal "some beauties" and made an extraordinary plea for a foreign power to locate them.

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump said. "I think you'll be rewarded mightily by our press!"

Trump, whom Democrats have accused of having cozy ties with Russian President Vladimir Putin, repeatedly declined to condemn the actions of Russia or any other foreign power of trying to intervene in the a U.S. election.

"No, it gives me no pause," the celebrity businessman said. "If Russia or China or any of those country gets those emails, I've got to be honest with you, I'd love to see them."

Why isn't that treason?

And, that's a very serious question.

It really goes to show you just how unpopular Hillary Clinton is that she's running against a clown and trailing in the polls.

I remain unbudged from my contention that the Trump campaign has been a plant this whole time. People think this is crazy talk, but LOOK AT THE THINGS HE'S SAYING. Imagine if any presidential candidate in the past 50 years had said half this stuff. They'd have been bounced out of the primaries. Look how we reacted to Michelle Bachmann. Trump makes her look rational and sane.

Or maybe it's a reflection of our society. Rational and critical thinking are looked down on in the media today. We idolize idiots...

• Fire 3

Or maybe it's a reflection of our society. Rational and critical thinking are looked down on in the media today. We idolize idiots...

You're not wrong, of course. But any candidate, from the past five or six elections, would have pulled so far ahead in the polls by now that the general election would have been a foregone conclusion. Clinton can't pull away because, critical thinking or not, people simply do not like her.

I think she's so unpopular that if she were running against Bob Dole, John McCain or Mitt Romney, they'd be crushing her.

Also, maybe this:

But for real, I think it's the time in the Clinton/Trump plan where he starts to throw the election.

It's not that they're looked down on so much as it's boring. Simple math: how many people read serious, critical analysis versus just the Twitter hot takes, 24/7 cable 'BREAKING' news talking heads, and tabloid-esque splash stories?

We created this world where politics is theater, our elections are sporting events and our politicians are celebrity stars. We have the power to choose our governments, but we treat it an idol competition. It's reality TV, except it's real. And finally(?), someone truly empty had the ability to exploit those truths all the way to, perhaps, the presidency.

We exchange efficiency for stability in our system, but how stable is it really? Trump will win this thing if he can. The next Trump will be just as awful, and maybe look a little less ridiculous and talk a little sweeter. How long before one does win?

Anybody think it's a little silly that a third party candidate has to be polling above 15% before even being invited to debates?

What's more silly than that rule is that he isn't polling at 15% yet. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!

very true - need money and exposure - Maybe if he would say some real wacko bird things he'd get some free media time. Nah, I don't think any candidate would do something like that <_<