The General Election

If me calling him a racist is spewing DNC talking points, what is it called when you "spew" all the negative stuff about Hillary?

Or....you can just not answer that and we can leave those kinds of comments and accusations out of the conversation.

Sorry, the reason I said that is that Hillary is launching her own ad claiming Trump and his supporters are all racist and bigots. That in and of itself is a huge stereotype and is ridiculous. There are 2 reasons she is doing this now:

1. To try to deflect from all the negative attention about the Clinton Foundation in order to change the media narrative. It could work, we'll see.

2. Trump is making very direct and open attempts to minorities and focusing on the lack of results that the Democratic party has delivered for them. Say what you want about Trump, but he has a way of capturing people's attention, and I think the Democrats fear that if he keeps discussing issues affecting black Americans, it may not cause them to switch their allegiance but simply stay home on election day. And most importantly, he's right. Black lives have gotten worse under Obama and Democratic policies.

Dude, that's not what that ad said. Not at all. Stop dealing in absolutes! Be you a Sith?

Even if we presuppose that Trump himself is not a racist, think about it this way:

Donald Trump: Not racist, but #1 with racists!

She wasn't saying that everyone that votes for Trump is in that group. But she was saying almost everyone in that group is voting for Trump. Why do you think they feel so damn comfy and at home in his camp?

Clinton has said some cringey stuff about race, with the Superpredators thing being probably the worst of it. But Trump can't and won't form clear, coherent reasons why A) Hillary Clinton is a racist (she's not) and B) why he'd be the better candidate for minority Americans. He just straight up calls her a bigot and accuses her of pandering. It's just intellectually lazy and entirely ham-fisted... kind of like his sudden "outreach" to them.

What are you smoking. Her campaign has called him a racist and bigot long before this ad, and if you don't think this ad is implying he is racist, you have your blinders on. Second, yes, Clinton has said several racist things, and has not been the champion for Black America that she claims to be. She and her campaign are getting worried that a GOP candidate is finally talking directly to Black voters, and he plans to continue to do so by visiting inner cities in Detroit, Cleveland, and elsewhere. Finally, as I keep stating, Democratic policies are NOT helping blacks, and Trump will keep hammering that message home. Hillary cannot refute that, so she has to rely on the old racial warfare argument of calling her opponent a racist. That's a typical Democratic ploy.

1. ​Donald Trump is a racist. Yes/no?

2. Donald Trump uses racism for his own gain. Yes/no?

Go.

1. No, I don't believe Donald Trump is racist. I believe he is an egomaniac that likes to say things to get attention, and did so regularly in the primary season.

2. I don't believe Trump is using racism for his own gain. The Democrats are the party of racial and class warfare, and always have been. And I do agree with Trump's assertion that BLM is a divisive group furthering the racial divide in this country.

Your turn:

1. Do you believe Hillary Clinton is racist? Yes/No

2. Do you believe Hillary Clinton uses racial warfare or plays the race card against her opponents to gain votes?

3. And I will throw in a third question for you. Do you believe Democratic policies, including in many inner cities that have been under Democratic leadership for decades, as well as under President Obama these past 7 years, have made Black Lives Better over the past 25 years?

Really, I don't want to call myself a Democrat, but it's the masses of people holding your mindset that prevent me from taking the Republican party seriously. It's plain as day that Trump is a racist and entirely unfit to hold office at any level but you'll look for any way to defend him and his actions. You'll try to turn this into a discussion about Hillary but every single negative thing you say about her you'll be able to look at Trump on that same issue and see that he has topped her in an appalling manner....assuming you apply logic to the situation instead of looking at the letter next to their name.

You have fallen for Hillary's propaganda. Trump is not a racist and has many African Americans in leadership positions in his company. He also has many black pastors supporting his nomination. I don't agree with everything he has said in the past, but the reason it's important to bring Hillary into the discussion is that she's the one making the accusations of racism, and it's a typical ploy from the left to paint your opponent as a racist when you can no longer defend how badly Democratic policies have affected the black community. How can you defend her use of the words super-predator to describe black males. I don't care if she apologized for it. Or how about being a member of a Whites-only country club. And let's not forget calling Robert Byrd, a guy who was a part of the KKK and opposed the civil rights movement, as her mentor. How can you bash Trump yet defend Hillary. I personally think both have said some deplorable things on race in the past, but to assume this is a one-sided issue demonstrates complete ignorance.

You claim he has fallen for Hillary's propaganda but then go on and recite Trump's propaganda to prove it.

• Fire 1

Honest question: What are these democratic policies that have hurt minorities?

There have been many articles written about how black lives have gotten worse under Obama, but here is just one of those directly from a black man himself (see the video).

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/01/tavis-smiley-on-every-leading-economic-issue-black-americans-have-lost-ground-under-obama-video/

Just a few data points to show black lives are worse:

1. The poverty rate for blacks has gotten higher since Obama took office

2. Median income fell for blacks at a rate much higher than other racial groups

3. Net worth has declined for blacks at a rate higher than any other group

4. The black labor participation rate is at the lowest point ever recorded

5. Black on black violence has increased

If me calling him a racist is spewing DNC talking points, what is it called when you "spew" all the negative stuff about Hillary?

Or....you can just not answer that and we can leave those kinds of comments and accusations out of the conversation.

Sorry, the reason I said that is that Hillary is launching her own ad claiming Trump and his supporters are all racist and bigots. That in and of itself is a huge stereotype and is ridiculous. There are 2 reasons she is doing this now:

1. To try to deflect from all the negative attention about the Clinton Foundation in order to change the media narrative. It could work, we'll see.

2. Trump is making very direct and open attempts to minorities and focusing on the lack of results that the Democratic party has delivered for them. Say what you want about Trump, but he has a way of capturing people's attention, and I think the Democrats fear that if he keeps discussing issues affecting black Americans, it may not cause them to switch their allegiance but simply stay home on election day. And most importantly, he's right. Black lives have gotten worse under Obama and Democratic policies.

Dude, that's not what that ad said. Not at all. Stop dealing in absolutes! Be you a Sith?

Even if we presuppose that Trump himself is not a racist, think about it this way:

Donald Trump: Not racist, but #1 with racists!

She wasn't saying that everyone that votes for Trump is in that group. But she was saying almost everyone in that group is voting for Trump. Why do you think they feel so damn comfy and at home in his camp?

Clinton has said some cringey stuff about race, with the Superpredators thing being probably the worst of it. But Trump can't and won't form clear, coherent reasons why A) Hillary Clinton is a racist (she's not) and B) why he'd be the better candidate for minority Americans. He just straight up calls her a bigot and accuses her of pandering. It's just intellectually lazy and entirely ham-fisted... kind of like his sudden "outreach" to them.

What are you smoking. Her campaign has called him a racist and bigot long before this ad, and if you don't think this ad is implying he is racist, you have your blinders on. Second, yes, Clinton has said several racist things, and has not been the champion for Black America that she claims to be. She and her campaign are getting worried that a GOP candidate is finally talking directly to Black voters, and he plans to continue to do so by visiting inner cities in Detroit, Cleveland, and elsewhere. Finally, as I keep stating, Democratic policies are NOT helping blacks, and Trump will keep hammering that message home. Hillary cannot refute that, so she has to rely on the old racial warfare argument of calling her opponent a racist. That's a typical Democratic ploy.

1. ​Donald Trump is a racist. Yes/no?

2. Donald Trump uses racism for his own gain. Yes/no?

Go.

1. No, I don't believe Donald Trump is racist. I believe he is an egomaniac that likes to say things to get attention, and did so regularly in the primary season.

2. I don't believe Trump is using racism for his own gain. The Democrats are the party of racial and class warfare, and always have been. And I do agree with Trump's assertion that BLM is a divisive group furthering the racial divide in this country.

Your turn:

1. Do you believe Hillary Clinton is racist? Yes/No

2. Do you believe Hillary Clinton uses racial warfare or plays the race card against her opponents to gain votes?

3. And I will throw in a third question for you. Do you believe Democratic policies, including in many inner cities that have been under Democratic leadership for decades, as well as under President Obama these past 7 years, have made Black Lives Better over the past 25 years?

Really, I don't want to call myself a Democrat, but it's the masses of people holding your mindset that prevent me from taking the Republican party seriously. It's plain as day that Trump is a racist and entirely unfit to hold office at any level but you'll look for any way to defend him and his actions. You'll try to turn this into a discussion about Hillary but every single negative thing you say about her you'll be able to look at Trump on that same issue and see that he has topped her in an appalling manner....assuming you apply logic to the situation instead of looking at the letter next to their name.

You have fallen for Hillary's propaganda. Trump is not a racist and has many African Americans in leadership positions in his company. He also has many black pastors supporting his nomination. I don't agree with everything he has said in the past, but the reason it's important to bring Hillary into the discussion is that she's the one making the accusations of racism, and it's a typical ploy from the left to paint your opponent as a racist when you can no longer defend how badly Democratic policies have affected the black community. How can you defend her use of the words super-predator to describe black males. I don't care if she apologized for it. Or how about being a member of a Whites-only country club. And let's not forget calling Robert Byrd, a guy who was a part of the KKK and opposed the civil rights movement, as her mentor. How can you bash Trump yet defend Hillary. I personally think both have said some deplorable things on race in the past, but to assume this is a one-sided issue demonstrates complete ignorance.

You claim he has fallen for Hillary's propaganda but then go on and recite Trump's propaganda to prove it.

Hmm...I haven't actually heard Trump call her out for supporting Byrd and attending a white-only country club, but maybe he did today. I haven't caught up on all the news yet. Regardless, the point remains that Hillary calling Trump a racist is the pot calling the kettle black. From a strategic perspective, as I've said before, she did this for 2 reasons:

1. To distract from the stories about the Clinton Foundation

2. To hope that Trump's direct appeal to black and Hispanic voters is tuned out because of her claims.

Now, unlike past GOP nominees, Trump will hit back hard and bring up some of the points I just raised. If the message gets out that Hillary has called black males "Super-Predators" and has praised a former KKK member as her mentor, this will muddy the waters for black voters and may lead them to sit out the election rather than voting for her. So I think it may help her in the near-term from a polling and media coverage perspective, but could hurt her on election day.

Honest question: What are these democratic policies that have hurt minorities?

The welfare system and other government programs promoted by Democrats over decades has been designed in a way that has created now generations of families who all they know is living off the government. Actually, this isn't even racial even though more black people are on these programs than white. There are white families in the same situation.

We have entire communities in cities where the unemployment is so high that when kids grow up, they don't even think about...."Hmmmm....what am I going to do for a living". Everyone they know doesn't work so why should they think about doing it? Then, if the government doesn't take care of them well enough, then they get angry at the government because that is the answer to their problems.

The Democrats have thrived off of these communities for decades promising they will help their cause. But, they never really do. They just say the same thing every 4 years and then forget about it. Why should they? They get 90% of the votes from these communities and the laugh all the way to the bank.

What's the poor design? How is the government supposed to push people to work if they think barely being able to live is acceptable? Maybe this is a cultural issue. I know somebody is probably going to rake me over the coals for that, but to an extent I thinks it's a part of the problem. You need programs like this in place for those who truely have reason to use them right? So how could you revamp them with out completely eliminating them, or over burdening those who apply.

Do you think that maybe that unemployment might tie into other hot button issues today such as racial bias and unequal punishment by the law? Or even industry's exit from cities. It seems like we make it hard to get out of the ghetto and then complain when only a handful can manage it. Just my thought.

I'm talking about your second sentence. That is completely pro Trump propaganda.

Like I said before, employing minorities is nowhere close to proving someone isn't racist. But...hey....God forbid if they would count his money.

Ok, and would you call Hillary a racist too based upon the evidence provided? And do you agree with my other comments on this topic in general that both have made faulty statements on this topic?

I'm talking about your second sentence. That is completely pro Trump propaganda.

Like I said before, employing minorities is nowhere close to proving someone isn't racist. But...hey....God forbid if they would count his money.

Ok, and would you call Hillary a racist too based upon the evidence provided? And do you agree with my other comments on this topic in general that both have made faulty statements on this topic?

If you are talking about your video of her saying nice things about Byrd....no.

I don't believe that if Clinton owned an apartment building that she would secretly discriminate against black people. I don't think she would have a problem with Black people being in certain positions due to their skin color or that she has negative ideas of their race...such as them being lazy.

I do believe she has lived as a politician through a party by promising things to black people to get their vote, getting their votes and then really not caring about really helping them until the next election process.

If you want to call that racist....well....then I guess she is. But, that's not the first term that comes to mind when I think of her.

I don't believe that if Clinton owned an apartment building that she would secretly discriminate against black people. I don't think she would have a problem with Black people being in certain positions due to their skin color or that she has negative ideas of their race...such as them being lazy.

I do believe she has lived as a politician through a party by promising things to black people to get their vote, getting their votes and then really not caring about really helping them until the next election process.

If you want to call that racist....well....then I guess she is. But, that's not the first term that comes to mind when I think of her.

I have not followed the whole "trump is a racist" thing, but is the apartment thing the only thing that he has done, not counting words said?

It wasn't just what she said about Byrd. She chose to belong to a Whites Only Country Club and also called black males "Super Predators" in the 90s. She also supported Barry Goldwater in 1964 who was staunchly against the Civil Rights Movement.

It wasn't just what she said about Byrd. She chose to belong to a Whites Only Country Club and also called black males "Super Predators" in the 90s. She also supported Barry Goldwater in 1964 who was staunchly against the Civil Rights Movement.

Right. We understand that you don't care about apologies, or that fact that someone can change their opinion from when they were 17 years old. Good god man, my mom grew up in Mississippi and is roughly the same age as Clinton, I'm sure she's changed her opinion of how other should be treated in that time frame as well. It was a different time then. That doesn't make it right, but at least it makes it understandable when someone has changed their view in 50 years.