The General Election

It looks like the founder of the "Black Men for Bernie" movement is now supporting Trump over Hillary. This is just on man's movement, but he seems to have a good following, and if we see more black voices coming out and admitting that Democratic policies have failed them, this has the potential to upend a long history of blacks voting 90% or more for the Democrats. It may take some time for this to show up in the polls, but those polls someone cited earlier showing Trump only getting 1 or 2% are going to go up significantly.

http://www.theimproper.com/140279/black-men-for-bernie-supports-donald-trump-protesters-shout-hillary-is-racist/

I'll help you out with this one bnilhome - his 1%-2% will not go up. I promise you. 90% plus of the black vote will go anywhere but Trump. Promise. If it's possible for him to lose more of the black vote I think after this weekend he will.

The fact that you think otherwise, and that this hole in the wall analysis does is just one more example of how completely out of touch you are.

It looks like the founder of the "Black Men for Bernie" movement is now supporting Trump over Hillary. This is just on man's movement, but he seems to have a good following, and if we see more black voices coming out and admitting that Democratic policies have failed them, this has the potential to upend a long history of blacks voting 90% or more for the Democrats. It may take some time for this to show up in the polls, but those polls someone cited earlier showing Trump only getting 1 or 2% are going to go up significantly.

http://www.theimproper.com/140279/black-men-for-bernie-supports-donald-trump-protesters-shout-hillary-is-racist/

I'll help you out with this one bnilhome - his 1%-2% will not go up. I promise you. 90% plus of the black vote will go anywhere but Trump. Promise. If it's possible for him to lose more of the black vote I think after this weekend he will.

The fact that you think otherwise, and that this hole in the wall analysis does is just one more example of how completely out of touch you are.

I will make a bet with you right here and now, so we have it documented, that he gets more than 1 or 2% of the black vote on election day. You willing to go for it?

Also, a Civil Rights Leader who has previously been a member of the Democratic Party is now supporting Trump. The CNN anchor seems in shock that a black civil rights leader wouldn't fall in line and support Hillary.

I will make a bet with you right here and now, so we have it documented, that he gets more than 1 or 2% of the black vote on election day. You willing to go for it?

Potentially - We need to agree on the source however. As is evidenced by all the back and forth here, you can find whatever number you want. For instance the only polling site that I find credible and unbiased is 538.

Roper is the only site I can find quickly that breaks down post election by race (rather than white and then non-white buckets), and honestly I don't know how credible it is, I'd need to research further. I'm going to be traveling internationally for the next few weeks, so I can't dig in much more, but if that's our source I'd be comfortable saying that Trump will get less than 6% of the overall actual black vote.

Potentially - We need to agree on the source however. As is evidenced by all the back and forth here, you can find whatever number you want. For instance the only polling site that I find credible and unbiased is 538.

Roper is the only site I can find quickly that breaks down post election by race (rather than white and then non-white buckets), and honestly I don't know how credible it is, I'd need to research further. I'm going to be traveling internationally for the next few weeks, so I can't dig in much more, but if that's our source I'd be comfortable saying that Trump will get less than 6% of the overall actual black vote.

Wait...you just said you guaranteed he wouldn't get more than 1 to 2%, and now you are backtracking and have said 6% or less.

Wait...you just said you guaranteed he wouldn't get more than 1 to 2%, and now you are backtracking and have said 6% or less.

I'm doing you a favor - this "poll" you're referring to is crap.

I looked at unbiased election outcomes and most republicans since 1976 have gotten between 6 and 14% of the vote. I think he'll do worse than any other republican since they tracked. 1-2% I think is probably about right if we were to depend on your fly by night polls, but look at apples to apples with what we can actually document I'll go with Roper an my money is on less than 6%. If you're not interested in that source then suggest one.

says the Hillary backer..

A question out of sheer curiosity for those of you who live in Nebraska and don't like Hillary but think she is better than Trump (nothing wrong with that btw). Knapp I'm looking at you, and anyone else who says they don't really like Hillary.....why would you feel like you have to choose the lesser of 2 evils?

It is pretty obvious that Trump will carry Nebraska, given that knowledge, why would anyone in Nebraska feel like they need to vote for either one to prevent wasting their vote? Seems like a perfect opportunity to cast a protest vote for Johnson or anyone other than those 2. Not to rub it in but that Nebraska Hillary vote is not going to help select who the next President is anyway. And the same goes for Trump, if you don't like him but think he is better than Hillary, why not vote for Johnson?

Far be it from me to tell anyone who they should vote for but this seems prime to express displeasure with such lousy candidates from the 2 major parties. I arrived at that place in a bit tougher circumstances because my vote in Colorado could actually matter but I've decided I'm fed up with crap choices and I will be voting for Johnson.

This question is not directed at anyone who really wants to vote for Hillary or Trump or for anyone who lives in a state that is actually up for grabs. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do in that case. Anyway, I'm just curious what the motivation is there.

why would you feel like you have to choose the lesser of 2 evils?

It is pretty obvious that Trump will carry Nebraska, given that knowledge, why would anyone in Nebraska feel like they need to vote for either one to prevent wasting their vote?

I live in the area of Nebraska where the race is a bit tighter and an electoral vote could possibly go to Clinton. I'll look at how close it is when the election gets closer. If it's close, I'll vote Clinton. If it's not, I'll probably vote for Jill Stein. I'm ignorant about both her and Johnson right now but from what I've heard of him and knowing she's green party I'm guessing I agree more with her. I have plenty of time to look into both of them. If I was polled today I'd say I'm voting Johnson just to try to get a 3rd person on the debate stage.

Friendly reminder that anyone wanting to find out more about a candidate can use Isidewith.com.

It's a pretty good resource where you can learn about a lot of different issues and figure out how you actually feel about them. Then it spits out the candidate you align most closely with, and the rest in descending order.

You can also go to candidate pages to see their specific policies on specific issues. They also have some numbers about public opinion on each issue, broken down by demographic, which is pretty cool.

lol, you are doing HIM a favor? You shouldn't run your mouth when you are not prepared to back it up. Love the qualifiers, too.

Easy way to back out of your guarantee is to only allow your poll to be used. You can't make this stuff up.. :laughpound

Totally prepared to back it up 2000 - unlike you throwing bs out there that has no source, or no credible source all I'm trying to do is land on a reputable exit polling that measures race votes that we both agree to. Neither of us would be smart to wager on something not knowing the source as a baseline. In his "poll" it states 1-2% and in the real world you can find any range of numbers you want. 1-2% can be equal to 11% in another poll. In the end you get another pis$ing match on here because we never started on the right foot talking about apples to apples.

bnilhome can handle himself and I don't need your bullying.

lol, you are doing HIM a favor? You shouldn't run your mouth when you are not prepared to back it up. Love the qualifiers, too.

Easy way to back out of your guarantee is to only allow your poll to be used. You can't make this stuff up.. :laughpound

Totally prepared to back it up 2000 - unlike you throwing bs out there that has no source, or no credible source all I'm trying to do is land on a reputable exit polling that measures race votes that we both agree to. Neither of us would be smart to wager on something not knowing the source as a baseline. In his "poll" it states 1-2% and in the real world you can find any range of numbers you want. 1-2% can be equal to 11% in another poll. In the end you get another pis$ing match on here because we never started on the right foot talking about apples to apples.

bnilhome can handle himself and I don't need your bullying.

So you can dish it out but can't take it in return? Didn't you tell bnilhome he was out of touch, because of his views?

Also, who decides what is credible and what isn't.. You?