The General Election

Do we think Trump is being graded on a curve here? He went down there, had an hour or two meeting (that their country HATED) with an extremely unpopular president, and managed to release a coherent statement afterwards.

That is suddenly how low the bar is for him to be "presidential"?

Or going to LA to pass out Play-Doh when they specifically asked him not to do so? And then ripping into Obama for complying with that request as "not caring"?

Of course, this conveniently omits the fact that he straight-up lied about whether they discussed financing the wall. And why Vicente Fox invited him to Mexico.

That's twice in the span of maybe an hour he's lied about things. But somehow Clinton is the liar in the race and polls lower on honest and trustworthy.

I can't even... :facepalm:

• Fire 2

Any question Trump and his surrogates would be killing Hillary if she did this w/o an American flag in the background?

https://twitter.com/thefix/status/771082665487458304

I think this proves he really is a Mexican.

So it's been a self hate and loathing thing all along.

We need to start looking for proof that he's a muslim, a woman, a black man and/or a gay now. That might explain everything.

• Fire 1

Trump has a major problem that is going to prevent him from ever being President.

There are certain things he says that if it were someone else saying it, it wouldn't cause nearly the stink it does.

Example....We have heard liberals talk about how horrible black people have it in America with crime and unemployment.....etc. They talk about it constantly and nothing ever actually comes of it.

So.....The Trumpster decides he is going to go after the black vote and starts talking about horrible conditions in inner cities with crime and how the murder rate is so bad in these areas.

What happens???? All of a sudden we have black people offended that he would dare say they have major problems in inner cities. WTF????? Sorry, you DO have major problems in inner city black neighborhoods with crime and murder. The only reason I can see that these people are offended by this is because they already feel Trump is racist.

At this point, these negative feelings people have for him is not going to go away in 75 days. He's a worthless candidate because he never has been able to get out of his own way.

Hmm...Trump's outreach to the Black Community has been one of the best things he has done thus far, and I continue to see more black leaders and pastors speak out on his message. Nearly every speech he has given this past month has been focused on improving the lives of minorities, and he will continue to focus on minorities for the remainder of the election. He was polling at 1 or 2% at the end of July, and most polls I have seen have shown he's been rising with black voters in recent weeks. It takes some very tough and direct talk to the black community to ask for their vote and to point out the obvious that Democratic policies have been failing them.

http://time.com/4470565/teens-for-trump/

http://thefederalist.com/2016/08/31/7-reasons-black-man-supports-donald-trump/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/03/01/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-black-voters-primary-elections-2016-column/81150932/

http://www.christianpost.com/news/black-pastor-ew-jackson-attitude-changed-donald-trump-meeting-evangelicals-165529/

And let's not forget Diamond and Silk...

Now does this mean Trump is going to get 20% of the black vote. Probably not. But if he can get 10% of the black vote, AND cause some blacks to vote 3rd party so Hillary does not get as much support, it's going to make a difference.

Do we think Trump is being graded on a curve here? He went down there, had an hour or two meeting (that their country HATED) with an extremely unpopular president, and managed to release a coherent statement afterwards.

That is suddenly how low the bar is for him to be "presidential"?

Or going to LA to pass out Play-Doh when they specifically asked him not to do so? And then ripping into Obama for complying with that request as "not caring"?

Of course, this conveniently omits the fact that he straight-up lied about whether they discussed financing the wall. And why Vicente Fox invited him to Mexico.

That's twice in the span of maybe an hour he's lied about things. But somehow Clinton is the liar in the race and polls lower on honest and trustworthy.

I can't even... :facepalm:

Wow, you will spin anything. Let's face it...Trump took a risk and it's paying off big-time. Hillary and many in the media were predicting this trip would be a disaster for him, and it was a success. First, he beat Hillary to it (as he did in Louisiana) by accepting the invitation. Second, he appeared on the world stage and showed statesmenship and that he is "Presidential" which completely refutes Hillary's argument that nobody can imagine him as President. On top of that, it sounds like he and the Mexican President had good discussions on immigration, guns, and trade. Meanwhile, Hillary still has not given a press conference in 270 days, and has spent most of her time raising money and taking it easy. The imagery of Trump working his butt off going all over the country represents what he has done all his life...work hard, and if your opponent is still winning, work even harder.

• Fire 1

Wow, you will spin anything

He said, with no sense of irony? :D

I haven't followed this very closely, but I'm really surprised that the Mexican president consented to basically be used as a photo-op prop for a U.S. presidential candidate not currently holding office.

I guess we can all look forward to more such grandstanding from future aspirants.

I don't have the quote because I saw it on a video. In the small part of tonight's speech by Trump that I saw, he said something like: We're going to bring more jobs to Americans, particularly Black and Hispanic Americans who have it so horribly.

Then everyone cheered.

If any Democratic candidate said they were particularly going to help minorities get jobs, many of the people who just cheered for Trump would throw a hissy fit and cry about affirmative action.