The General Election

Ironically, it only took bad press to get him to say sorry.. weird isn't it? He knowingly played there, all the while knew of their stance, but it wasn't until it was put out in the media that it was denounced. Where was Hillary? Shouldn't she have said something?

So while I can't say the accusations are false, they're certainly not true.

how can you say they aren't false but at the same time say they are certainly not true?

My apologies, I don't understand that logic.

What exactly was their stance? Because if you read what I posted they were trying to get a black member in the club a year before he played their.

How can I say they're not true but not false? Because I'm giving bnhil the benefit of the doubt. I can't find any such article stating that they were members of a whites only club. Maybe he can produce one. If he cannot, then I think we can call the accusation false. Furthermore you have no idea if they would have even know of such a policy until it was printed along with their supposed membership. So given the overwhelming lack of evidence I'm inclined to say it's far from true.

and it didn't work but yet he continued to golf there.. Guess that didn't ring a bell for him?

Why would you need to give bnhil the benefit of the doubt? He is only saying what is being printed, and not disputed, which is Clinton paid 20k initiation fee and 150 a month for dues.

If the course is private, guess what, that means you have to have a membership to play.

Where??? Where is this being printed? Aslo, I thought the membership wasn't the point?

I'm so confused.../s

Did you even read what I quoted? Where in there did it say "It didn't work"? It's not like it's a Costco membership; someone would have to leave the club for any new member to be accepted. And no you don't have to be a member to play there. Read the articles. You can play at many clubs with a member when you yourself are not. This isn't an uncommon thing...

I admit I am skimmy over things and not making a good argument, hey it is Saturday, but I also have not seen where that was said was the reason. I have joined numerous CC and not once was that ever brought up.

Post #2634 from ZRod

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.arktimes....ent?oid=2221583

Ironically, efforts are underway at both clubs to recruit black members. The drive to bring in the first black at the CCLR started more than a year agolong before the most recent media over the club' s membership policies.

Two sponsors are required for an application, according to a summary of CCLR bylaws included in the club's membership roster. Each application is then considered by an admissions committee made up of the club board members. Once the applicant is approved by the committee, his or her name is posted on the club bulletin board "so that members may have an opportunity to comment on such application." Membership is limited to 500 "active" members, so even after approval, new members may have to wait for a spot to come open.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

According to their website, even the Lincoln Country Club caps "golfing members" to 500. So, Huskerfan2000, I wouldn't equate the "country clubs" you joined with no problem to the country clubs that these people tend to belong to after waiting their turn and shelling out a beginning teacher's annual salary to play golf and hang out in the sauna.

• Fire 3

Ironically, it only took bad press to get him to say sorry.. weird isn't it? He knowingly played there, all the while knew of their stance, but it wasn't until it was put out in the media that it was denounced. Where was Hillary? Shouldn't she have said something?

So while I can't say the accusations are false, they're certainly not true.

how can you say they aren't false but at the same time say they are certainly not true?

My apologies, I don't understand that logic.

What exactly was their stance? Because if you read what I posted they were trying to get a black member in the club a year before he played their.

How can I say they're not true but not false? Because I'm giving bnhil the benefit of the doubt. I can't find any such article stating that they were members of a whites only club. Maybe he can produce one. If he cannot, then I think we can call the accusation false. Furthermore you have no idea if they would have even know of such a policy until it was printed along with their supposed membership. So given the overwhelming lack of evidence I'm inclined to say it's far from true.

and it didn't work but yet he continued to golf there.. Guess that didn't ring a bell for him?

Why would you need to give bnhil the benefit of the doubt? He is only saying what is being printed, and not disputed, which is Clinton paid 20k initiation fee and 150 a month for dues.

If the course is private, guess what, that means you have to have a membership to play.

Where??? Where is this being printed? Aslo, I thought the membership wasn't the point?

I'm so confused.../s

Did you even read what I quoted? Where in there did it say "It didn't work"? It's not like it's a Costco membership; someone would have to leave the club for any new member to be accepted. And no you don't have to be a member to play there. Read the articles. You can play at many clubs with a member when you yourself are not. This isn't an uncommon thing...

I admit I am skimmy over things and not making a good argument, hey it is Saturday, but I also have not seen where that was said was the reason. I have joined numerous CC and not once was that ever brought up.

Why would they explicitly say it? Lazy journalism... we both know that when you write a hit piece you're not going to spell things out if they would quell controversy.

"The best people"

Trump staff posts racist comments on social media, AP review finds'

Donald Trump's paid campaign staffers on their personal social media accounts have declared that Muslims are unfit to be U.S. citizens, ridiculed Mexican accents, called for Secretary of State John F. Kerry to be hanged and stated their readiness for a possible civil war, according to a review by the Associated Press of their postings.

The AP examined the social media feeds of more than 50 current and former campaign employees who helped propel Trump through the primary elections. The campaign has employed a mix of veteran political operatives and outsiders. Most come across as dedicated, enthusiastic partisans, but at least seven expressed views that were overtly racially charged, supportive of violent actions or broadly hostile to Muslims.

A graphic designer for Trump's advance team approvingly posted video of a black man eating fried chicken and criticizing fellow blacks for what he said was ignorance, irresponsibility and having too many children. A Trump field organizer in Virginia declared that Muslims were seeking to impose Sharia law in America and that "those who understand Islam for what it is are gearing up for the fight."

Not surprising, given they examined random staffers who had their profiles set to public, which was a small percentage. We all know what a suckhole Facebook turns into a lot of the time.

Still, the AP is really coming out with some doozies of headlines lately.

That's fascinating. I'd like to hear from the 1968 black voter who says "Yeah, segregation something something, but BOTH PARTIES", or whatever it is.

It's just never fully zero, is it?

Ernie Chambers has said quite a few pro-segregation things. Maybe 3% of Blacks at the time liked segregation.

My guess would be, as absolutely terrible as this sounds, is that some simply accepted that their race was meant to be a lesser part of society and had no objections to supporting a candidate that opposed the Civil Rights Act. While not quite the same, I listen to my 80 year-old grandmother say that no woman is fit to be president, so it's not outlandish that some incorrectly accepted that their race was not equal back in the 1960s and prior.

My guess would be, as absolutely terrible as this sounds, is that some simply accepted that their race was meant to be a lesser part of society and had no objections to supporting a candidate that opposed the Civil Rights Act. While not quite the same, I listen to my 80 year-old grandmother say that no woman is fit to be president, so it's not outlandish that some incorrectly accepted that their race was not equal back in the 1960s and prior.

If the issue of segregation was the deciding factor for the voters, I believe a large percentage of the black voters that approved probably felt enough anger and contempt for whites that they would rather remain separate and not be forced to share a lunch counter with the man who called his daughter despicable things. I honestly think I would feel that way if I was in that situation.

Everyone has their own reasons though.

• Fire 1

It looks like the founder of the "Black Men for Bernie" movement is now supporting Trump over Hillary. This is just on man's movement, but he seems to have a good following, and if we see more black voices coming out and admitting that Democratic policies have failed them, this has the potential to upend a long history of blacks voting 90% or more for the Democrats. It may take some time for this to show up in the polls, but those polls someone cited earlier showing Trump only getting 1 or 2% are going to go up significantly.

http://www.theimproper.com/140279/black-men-for-bernie-supports-donald-trump-protesters-shout-hillary-is-racist/