The General Election

Holy sh*#. This election is tearing the Baldwin family apart!

We've *officially* taken this too far. This is serious, guys.

That was hilarious guys. :lol: Billy ain't having none o' that.

I've been looking for the silver lining to this election cycle. This may be it.

• Fire 1

Approx 20% of the electorate has voted already according to one source. I wonder how many would change their vote after this breaking news. This is why I think early voting should be limited to 10 or less days before an election. Too much can happen before an election.

So, if that 20% is overly supportive of Hillary, then the latest news may not affect the outcome as much as one would expect.

Democrats should ask Clinton to step aside

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-hillary-clinton-emails-kass-1030-20161028-column.html#

http://www.newsmax.com/US/chicago-tribune-kass-hillary/2016/10/30/id/756051/#ixzz4Ofq3C0zK

Newsmax summary:

The FBI announcement that it is looking afresh at Hillary Clinton’s emails means that Democrats should tell their presidential nominee to step down and allow her running mate Sen. Tim Kaine to take her place, Chicago Tribune columnist John Kass writes.

Kass contends that Donald Trump is merely a symptom of the breaking down of American politics, but that Hillary and Bill Clinton are both the cause and effect.

He said that Clinton would agree to step down if the interests of the nation were more important to her than power, but lamented that for the Democratic nominee "it has always been about power, about the Clinton Restoration and protecting fortunes already made by selling nothing but political influence."

Kass cynically suggested that now would be the time to leak another Trump video, so that "her allies in media can talk about misogyny and sexual politics and the headlines can be all about Trump as the boor he is and Hillary as champion of female victims, which she has never been."

He lamented the low level of the current candidates and said that "Clinton has clearly disqualified herself from ever coming near classified information again. If she were a young person straight out of grad school hoping to land a government job, Hillary Clinton would be laughed out of Washington with her record. She’d never be hired."

Kass said that "during this presidential campaign, Americans were confronted with a two-tiered system of federal justice: one for standards for the Clintons and one for the peasants,” and that it is up to the people to keep her out of public office.

Political analyst Doug Schoen, a long-time Democratic supporter who has worked on the campaigns of many candidates in the party, said on Fox News Channel on Sunday that he will no longer back Hillary Clinton for president.

Schoen said he is "deeply concerned that we will have a constitutional crisis if she’s elected," explaining this would mean a president-elect would be under investigation, because this probe will go on for many months.

He said that "under these circumstances, I am actively reassessing my support … I want to learn more this week ... but as of today, I am not a supporter of the secretary of state for the nation’s highest office."

And Trump should be investigated and his issues exposed just as much as Hillary's. I wish we could have a 'do over', a mulligan or punt and say, - We'll reset this election and send it back to the RNC and DNC and ask them both to choose another candidate and reset with a new GE date 3 months from now.

And Trump should be investigated and his issues exposed just as much as Hillary's. I wish we could have a 'do over', a mulligan or punt and say, - We'll reset this election and send it back to the RNC and DNC and ask them both to choose another candidate and reset with a new GE date 3 months from now.

Couldn't agree more ... starting a new thread in this very vein ...

Love it when someone in power has nothing to lose and does the right thing: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/harry-reid-letter-fbi-james-comey-clinton-emails-trump-russia-ties-hatch-act/

Reid, the guy who started the false rumor that Romney didn't pay any taxes - just prior to the election. Yes, he always does the right thing for his team. Regardless of the ethics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/15/harry-reid-lied-about-mitt-romneys-taxes-hes-still-not-sorry/

Maybe their is some Karma going on here - A week before the Bill Clinton/GHWB election in 1992 - Casper Weinberger was indicted by a special prosecutor.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/flashback-clinton-cheered-11th-hour-indictment-that-doomed-bush-reelection/article/2606000

Many Republicans claimed that the indictment made by special prosecutor Lawrence Walsh against former Reagan-era Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger the weekend before the 1992 election cost Bush a second term. The indictment, later thrown out, challenged Bush's claim that he did not know about a controversial arms-for-hostages deal that dogged the Reagan-Bush administration