DT Noah Elliss [Mississippi State - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty sure we were after Sr. pretty hard but he was worried that we weren't going to let him play RB. While he was here on a visit, he was being shown around by the coaches when another coach happened to walk by and say something to the effect of "there's our new DB" and that was kind of the end of it.

Pretty sure we were after Sr. pretty hard but he was worried that we weren't going to let him play RB. While he was here on a visit, he was being shown around by the coaches when another coach happened to walk by and say something to the effect of "there's our new DB" and that was kind of the end of it.

Not quite - Barry Sanders was interested in coming here, and TO turned him down. He was in the same class as Johnny Rogers' son, and TO had already committed to taking him and "couldn't take two small backs in the same class".

Here's the transcript from Charlie McBride interview: http://www.huskermax.com/interviews/Charlie_McBride.html

Not quite - Barry Sanders was interested in coming here, and TO turned him down. He was in the same class as Johnny Rogers' son, and TO had already committed to taking him and "couldn't take two small backs in the same class".

Here's the transcript from Charlie McBride interview: http://www.huskermax.com/interviews/Charlie_McBride.html

Yeah, maybe I was thinking of Marshall Faulk.

Reading that is a gut punch to fans haha. But, I'm sure hindsight is 20/20 - 3 national champs (and possibly the best team ever) later, I'm sure passing on the greatest RB to play can be a nice laugh for TO and his staff.

I think Mav's story is Faulk. I've heard it too.

Yes you were thinking of Marshall Faulk. Funny how TO's staff whiffed on both.