*** 2019 Recruiting ***

On 7/21/2018 at 9:52 PM, Mavric said:

Right now we have room for 21.  Everyone seems to expect this class to still push 25.

Priority:

OT - A continued trouble spot  but we'll see what the new guys can do

DT - Need to re-stock

CB - We'll have to see how the 2018 guys slot in but we don't have a lot of young ones

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - THOMAS GRAYSONRAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS, Wandale Robinson, Darwin Barlow
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEMarcus Washington, Mycah Pittman, Kyle Ford, Marlyn Johnson, Jameson Williams, Brieon Fuller, Rashee Rice
TE - 1-2 - GARRETT SNODGRASS, Chris Hickman
OT - 2-3 - MATTHEW ANDERSON, Jayme SimmonsBryce Benhart, Michael Lynn, Danielson Ike, Chris Okporoghene, Grant Treiber, Enokk Vimahi
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLAND

NT - 1-2 - JUCO TONY FAIR
DE - 2-3 - ETHAN PIPERMOSAI NEWSOM, Ty Robinson, Stephon Wright, Adisa Isaac
LB - 4-5 - GARRETT NELSON, JACKSON HANNAH, NICK HENRICH, Makobe Dean, Spencer Lytle, Ge'mon Eaford, Maninoa Tufono, Peni Naulu, Zach Marcheselli, Daniel Heimuli, Kevon Glenn, David Gbenda, Shitta Sillah
CB - 2 - Javin Wright, Isaiah Essissima, Tiawan Mullen
S - 2 - Quinton Newsome, Brendan Gant, Jamel Starks

ATH - Kenny Logan

Mav - I see you've moved Garrett Snodgrass to TE, any reason there? Just curious if there has been something I've missed, comment from the staff, or just an educated guess on your part. Thanks.

25 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Mav - I see you've moved Garrett Snodgrass to TE, any reason there? Just curious if there has been something I've missed, comment from the staff, or just an educated guess on your part. Thanks.

No, apparently I just didn't have everything on the same page.  I noticed I had him at TE on my roster sheet and I thought I just hadn't updated it here.  But now that I look closer, it was actually the other way around - he is thinking the coaches are looking at him at OLB and I hadn't updated my roster sheet.

Doesn't sound like there's been any definite decision made yet but it sounds like they're leaning toward linebacker.  I updated the post above.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

No, apparently I just didn't have everything on the same page.  I noticed I had him at TE on my roster sheet and I thought I just hadn't updated it here.  But now that I look closer, it was actually the other way around - he is thinking the coaches are looking at him at OLB and I hadn't updated my roster sheet.

Doesn't sound like there's been any definite decision made yet but it sounds like they're leaning toward linebacker.  I updated the post above.

Thanks.

Yeah, last I info I read was that he thought the staff was looking at him at OLB as well - so I thought I may have missed something. Thanks for the info and all your updates. 

• Plus1 1
On 7/23/2018 at 9:27 AM, HS_Coach_C said:

So if we add:

2 WR

1 TE (Hickman)

2 OL

1 DL

1 OLB

4 DB

That puts this class at 25, and would mean attrition of at least 4 guys plus the 3 extra from over signing.

I think they have to recruit and sign as if Watt and Washington will never be here. 

4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I think they have to recruit and sign as if Watt and Washington will never be here. 

Not really.  They'll know if another couple weeks if they're going to be here this fall.  If they're not here this fall, they won't be here for two more years.  So there's plenty of time between early August and February to adjust accordingly.

Although I do think they've loaded up on running backs in part because we do have some question marks there currently (Bryant, Wilbon, Washington).

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***