Gun Control

2 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Pluralism is simply a "your truth is yours, mine is mine" tenet.  When your truth and my truth diametrically oppose one another, who is right?  This is where Democracies fail...mob rule.  The US is a Constitutional Republic to protect against mob rule.

I do have a question.  Do you carry a spiritual belief system?  No need to detail it if you don't want, just yes or no (if you don't mind).

Well, first off, I took my definition directly from the Oxford dictionary.  Sooo...

But, let's go with your definition.

So.....you don't believe there is any situation where your reality is different than mine or anyone else's?

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, first off, I took my definition directly from the Oxford dictionary.  Sooo...

But, let's go with your definition.

So.....you don't believe there is any situation where your reality is different than mine or anyone else's?

Continuing to set the baseline - Truth isn't swayed by experience, locale, etc.  Truth should be the lens to see experience from, give contextual framing, not something that moves based upon emotion or other externals.

The truth is, someone changing their gender to feel better is not going to bring them true joy.  People wanting to change their gender is a symptom of a deeper sickness.  This sickness, for a very few, then leads them to take a weapon and horrifically gun people down.  More often this illness yields a trip to a child drag show where they celebrate "pride" amongst egregiously underaged kids.  Sometimes, the root doesn't yield to a gender identity crisis in the individual.  There still remains a moral and mental illness that needs to be addressed...

It's moral filth and has become normalized.  The sickness should not be normalized or celebrated.  It should be treated with care for that individual.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fire 1
30 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

The US is not a mob-ruled Democracy.  We're a Constitutional Republic being subversively eroded.  

Pluralism is a plague.  Living in relativistic truth becomes contradictory across individuals and groups.  And it leads to the progressive filth of kid mutilation, kids being taken to drag shows, abortion like it's a hobby, and mentally ill people planning school shootings at a Christian-based campus.

I can sympathize deeply with what happened.  Like I said, I ache with those families.  But I see it as an underlying issue that is morally reprehensible and has normalized due to progressive agendas.

There is so much going on here that I'm not sure any of this deserves a response. Honestly it's sort of disturbing. But I'll try. 

If 'progressive filth' is the culprit, why is gun violence so much more prevalent in American society compared to far more 'filthy progressive' countries in Europe? Could it be the plague of Conservative policies that have enabled guns?

Of course not, you'd have to look into the mirror and think about the consequences of your voting behavior which might reveal uncomfortable truths about your belief system and its impact on society.

It's far better to succumb to culture war nonsense - as of children being taken to drag shows is some sort of pervasive problem in this country - than examine the effects of your voting behavior and children shredded by assault rifles your vote enables.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 4
6 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Continuing to set the baseline - Truth isn't swayed by experience, locale, etc.  Truth should be the lens to see experience from, give contextual framing, not something that moves based upon emotion or other externals.

The truth is, someone changing their gender to feel better is not going to bring them true joy.  People wanting to change their gender is a symptom of a deeper sickness.  This sickness, for a very few, then leads them to take a weapon and horrifically gun people down.  More often this illness yields a trip to a child drag show where they celebrate "pride" amongst egregiously underaged kids.  Sometimes, the root doesn't yield to a gender identity crisis in the individual.  There still remains a moral and mental illness that needs to be addressed...

It's moral filth and has become normalized.  The sickness should not be normalized or celebrated.  It should be treated with care for that individual.  

Who exactly is the moral authority then?

• Plus1 3

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I can't believe what I just read.  Unreal.

we all knew that the conversation would lean that way as soon as it was announced that it was a transgender shooter this time.   have to talk about anything other than the fact that a random nut job had easy access to weapons designed to efficiently kill people.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 5
Just now, commando said:

we all knew that the conversation would lean that way as soon as it was announced that it was a transgender shooter this time.   have to talk about anything other than the fact that a random nut job had easy access to weapons designed to efficiently kill people.

I mean the other 60% of the time when it's straight white male... We'll just disregard that.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, commando said:

I knew that, it's just very hard to see the words on a screen.  Oh well, I won't dwell on it.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

So, with your reality being forced on everyone else, your solution is to ban anything pertaining to gay or transgender, deregulate gun sales totally, flood the country with more guns, diminish federal aid that helps people get mental health help, tell every gay and transgender person they are gross and sick people.

And...the would be a better place and these school shootings will go away?

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

There is so much going on here that I'm not sure any of this deserves a response. Honestly it's sort of disturbing. But I'll try. 

If 'progressive filth' is the culprit, why is gun violence so much more prevalent in American society compared to far more 'filthy progressive' countries in Europe? Could it be the plague of Conservative policies that have enabled guns?

Of course not, you'd have to look into the mirror and think about the consequences of your voting behavior which might reveal uncomfortable truths about your belief system and its impact on society.

It's far better to succumb to culture war nonsense - as of children being taken to drag shows is some sort of pervasive problem in this country - than examine the effects of your voting behavior and children shredded by assault rifles your vote enables.

Gun violence is more prevalent because there are more guns.  How about violent crime statistics agnostic of tool?

Guns are a tool and don't kill.  It's the morally reprehensible and mentally ill that kill them.  Just like spoons don't cause obesity.  

I'm looking at the root of the issue, not symptoms.  Party lines don't solve the morality issues plaguing this country.  

Let me try and understand you as you state my commentary on objective truth being fundamental to a functional humanity - are you stating children being taken to drag shows is unrelated to the problem at hand or could even be something as remotely acceptable?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, commando said:

That's a spoke issue, not the hub.  Could've been a firmly-rooted-in-his-maculinity-male with the same mental disturbances as this shooter.  

To dismiss it as something normal, however, is disgusting.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, with your reality being forced on everyone else, your solution is to ban anything pertaining to gay or transgender, deregulate gun sales totally, flood the country with more guns, diminish federal aid that helps people get mental health help, tell every gay and transgender person they are gross and sick people.

And...the would be a better place?

Who is forcing anything?   Progressive moral dispositions are eroding our country.  Gun violence, normalization of child gender mutilation...symptoms of a root problem.

And those people need to know they have great value and purpose.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1