Gun Control

5 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

That is a spiritual answer which is why I asked an earlier poster.

I'll emphatically tell you who it is not - the ones advocating, promoting, or even accepting this filth.  

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 10.13.33 AM.png

You don't like "pluralism", so who is the moral authority?

10 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Just like spoons don't cause obesity.  

You're getting there... Spoons don't cause obesity, true, but they also serve other purposes like measuring things, stirring things, scooping things, etc. That said, easy access to food does contribute to obesity. I know from experience if you know what I mean.

• Plus1 3

48 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

The US is not a mob-ruled Democracy.  We're a Constitutional Republic being subversively eroded.  

Pluralism is a plague.  Living in relativistic truth becomes contradictory across individuals and groups.  And it leads to the progressive filth of kid mutilation, kids being taken to drag shows, abortion like it's a hobby, and mentally ill people planning school shootings at a Christian-based campus.

I can sympathize deeply with what happened.  Like I said, I ache with those families.  But I see it as an underlying issue that is morally reprehensible and has normalized due to progressive agendas.

Pluralism in itself is not a plague.  Our founding fathers knew America was going to be and already was a pluralistic society.  The best form of govt to deal with this dynamic was the representative democracy form which was set up with checks and balances so no party (people group - rich/poor, political, race, etc)  had the power to exert their will unjustly on other parties.  As I Christian, I do not want a man made theocracy in which one set value system/world view rules - this is Iran.  What happens if said theocracy decides that a certain sect of Christianity was the only right sect  - all others would be persecuted or left out of the political marketplace.  Our type of govt allows the Christian faith to flourish as well as the 'faith' of non-believers.  Yes, it would be easier if each world view group had its only little country in which we could 'incubate' ourselves from every other influence - easier but not better; easier but not missional, easier but not sanctifying,  easier but not Christ like.  Like you, I grieve over the current state of our society - we all hurt.  Good people of all faiths and non-faiths need to stand up against the tide in the areas they have influence. Direct action, voting, contacting our congress representatives, etc.  There is something us 'little' guys can do. 

• Plus1 5
3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Who is forcing anything?   Progressive moral dispositions are eroding our country.  Gun violence, normalization of child gender mutilation...symptoms of a root problem.

Are you circumcised, do you have a kid who's circumcised?

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You don't like "pluralism", so who is the moral authority?

You're getting there... Spoons don't cause obesity, true, but they also serve other purposes like measuring things, stirring things, scooping things, etc. That said, easy access to food does contribute to obesity. I know from experience if you know what I mean.

It's a spiritual answer for who define objective truth.  If we diverge there we'll have trouble coming to a common ground from that point...

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Pluralism in itself is not a plague.  Our founding fathers knew America was going to be and already was a pluralistic society.  The best form of govt to deal with this dynamic was the representative democracy form which was set up with checks and balances so no party (people group - rich/poor, political, race, etc)  had the power to exert their will unjustly on other parties.  As I Christian, I do not want a man made theocracy in which one set value system/world view rules - this is Iran.  What happens if said theocracy decides that a certain sect of Christianity was the only right sect  - all others would be persecuted or left out of the political marketplace.  Our type of govt allows the Christian faith to flourish as well as the 'faith' of non-believers.  Yes, it would be easier if each world view group had its only little country in which we could 'incubate' ourselves from every other influence - easier but not better; easier but not missional, easier but not sanctifying,  easier but not Christ like.  Like you, I grieve over the current state of our society - we all hurt.  Good people of all faiths and non-faiths need to stand up against the tide in the areas they have influence. Direct action, voting, contacting our congress representatives, etc.  There is something us 'little' guys can do. 

Well...I'm Catholic.  So...obviously, Catholics are the authority on everything and every other Christian sect should be banned.  Anyone caught practicing any other Christian faith should be thrown in prison.

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

Gun violence is more prevalent because there are more guns.  How about violent crime statistics agnostic of tool?

Guns are a tool and don't kill.  

You're trying to claim that mental illness or bad intentions leave the US with disproportionate death rates by guns. Higher gun ownership leads to more gun deaths you say. 

While simultaneously confessing that gun ownership is therefore bad and in need of regulation - which I'm assuming your voting behavior does not do - this argument is bad.

Consider intentional homicide rates (per the United Nations):

US - 6.5 (per 100k)

Filthy Progressive Countries poisoning the minds of Children:

Denmark - 1.0

UK - 1.1

Finland - 1.6

Canada - 2.0

Germany - 0.8

France - 1.3

Sweden - 1.2

14 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I'm looking at the root of the issue, not symptoms.  Party lines don't solve the morality issues plaguing this country.  

Let me try and understand you as you state my commentary on objective truth being fundamental to a functional humanity - are you stating children being taken to drag shows is unrelated to the problem at hand or could even be something as remotely acceptable?

Children being taken to drag shows is such a small issue that is stupid and disingenuous to bring it up. Was this a concern of yours in say 2018 before Fox News made it a culture war talking point? No, because it's not a problem. It's so far from being a problem relevant to mass shootings that it strikes me as delusional to think it's related whatsoever.

A mentally deranged person had easy access to a gun, full stop. No different than when a straight white kid commits the same acts of violence. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2

4 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

It's a spiritual answer for who define objective truth.  If we diverge there we'll have trouble coming to a common ground from that point...

You made the statement, so provide the answer. Who is the moral authority?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you're not in favor of banning drag shows or punishing adults that would allow a teenager to go to a drag show?

All I know is I love watching Mrs Doubtfire, and drag queen bingo is one of the funnest couples date nights I've been to in a long time.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2