Gun Control

Just now, DefenderAO said:

It's been mentioned over the last few pages so I won't replay.  

My stance is there's a mental illness problem in the US as well as a cultural issue.  Both are leading to gun violence.  You then have action complexity as you try to preserve freedom, enhance safety, protect a Constitution, and propose/execute truly differentiated measures.  

That's the framing above.  It simply isn't easy in any facet.  

can someone who has read the last 30 pages since yesterday sum it up  for me?    i am only here for lunchtime today.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, commando said:

can someone who has read the last 30 pages since yesterday sum it up  for me?    i am only here for lunchtime today.

The US is the only country with mental health issues due to trans citizens here which no other countries have because we're not Christian enough even though the vast majority of mass shootings were done by straight white presumably Christian identifying males.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I posted a direct study on suicide rates from already-transitioned people after you posted your feelings that, once transitioned, they're now better.  There is still a root issue the transitioning is not solving.  

The standing answer is scrolled down the main HB page and saw post activity on a topic I've thought through - Gun Control.  I've discussed the topic on other boards with similar vehemence and disgust to the depraved shooters.

Answer the questions I posed, please. Or just stop posting. Please. 

Also, you're wrong, Part XLVII

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2789423

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Answer the questions I posed, please. Or just stop posting. Please. 

Also, you're wrong, Part XLVII

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2789423

Did you read the study I presented you?  

I suspect you'd like any contrarian to stop posting.  I appreciate the conversation and am not emotional or offended by what you bring.  I'll stick.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

And sometimes the mentally ill play dress up and have gender dysphoria.

Sometimes people play dress up, enjoy themselves, and hurt absolutely no one. 

Sometimes the shooters come from God-fearing homes with traditional moral values, a respect for the Second Amendment, and the guns to prove it.

What's you're point? Really?

I mean, we all know where you're going at this point, but watching you writhe around in self-justifying horses#!t is vaguely fascinating. 

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Did you read the study I presented you?  

I suspect you'd like any contrarian to stop posting.  I appreciate the conversation and am not emotional or offended by what you bring.  I'll stick.

FFS. I just provided the link that does a much better job of addressing the specific issue than your study.

Did you read it? No?

Don't bother scrolling back, I'll repost it here:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/278942 

Feel free to answer the previous questions:

Do you think homosexuality is a mental illness and that homosexuals can never be as happy as heterosexuals?

Did you believe in Santa Clause as a child?  

26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Sometimes people play dress up, enjoy themselves, and hurt absolutely no one. 

Sometimes the shooters come from God-fearing homes with traditional moral values, a respect for the Second Amendment, and the guns to prove it.

What's you're point? Really?

I mean, we all know where you're going at this point, but watching you writhe around in self-justifying horses#!t is vaguely fascinating. 

You're not grasping my point.

I didn't say all dress up kids become mass shooters.  I said all mass shooters are mentally ill.  And some mass murders, who are all mentally ill, play dress up.  

Shooters from God-fearing homes with traditional values are mentally ill.  No difference at the core and their depravity...it just manifested differently in what they wear, maybe whom they target, but still ends in tragedy.  

You shared your situation.  I believe it has, like other in this thread, turned into a contempt now hard to veil.  Use your words freely in what you feel.  I feel no ill-will or emotion towards you outside of understanding where you're coming from to push your conversation points.

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would not call the narcissistic Trump a flag bearer for a healthy position on these subjects.

• Plus1 2