DT Calvin Avery [Illinois - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

69 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Avery commit?

• Nebraska
    • Baylor
    • Oklahoma State
    • Texas
    • Oklahoma
    • Texas A&M
    • Colorado
    • Ohio State
    • TCU

This poll is closed to new votes

Masry better become a great player. We got excited about Watts, Thomas, and Daniels last year. Avery is another level.

I think Daniels will be just fine. DT and Watts will have to exceed their potential. Avery will more than likely be better than all of them though I agree

Here were their stats last year on the same team. Avery a year younger of course

Daniels: 78 tackles, 26 TFL, 9 sacks

Avery: 68 tackles, 18 TFL, 12 sacks

They also benefited by playing next to one another. Will be interesting to compare Averys numbers this year.
Exactly! It's like baker and SUH together. Baker built off suh

Yeah but which is which?

Masry better become a great player. We got excited about Watts, Thomas, and Daniels last year. Avery is another level.

I think Daniels will be just fine. DT and Watts will have to exceed their potential. Avery will more than likely be better than all of them though I agree

Here were their stats last year on the same team. Avery a year younger of course

They also benefited by playing next to one another. Will be interesting to compare Averys numbers this year.
You mean Jared Crick
  • Fire 3

You mean Jared Crick

Oh man! You are right. I'm getting old :(

Masry better really impress in STL this weekend or we are going to have people wanting his scholarship going to Avery.. Myself probably included.. Still lots of time until signing day

Avery looks impressive. There's also the fact that some peak in high school while others have raw talent that could equate better (not saying that's the case here but maybe). I think masry does have a lot of raw potential and we enter need dts to come right in, they can develope

Just can't believe that in an area we have struggled to recruit that we have Avery in our grasp and we won't take the #17 rated DT on the board who is a 4* player. Are we the Raiders now? Guy is even in our radius and in Dallas, TX, an area we need to recruit better in. Sad.

It's not like we don't want him. He doesn't meet the numbers game and Masry is our NT.

To which I respond...

Masry better really impress in STL this weekend or we are going to have people wanting his scholarship going to Avery.. Myself probably included.. Still lots of time until signing day

Also, if Masry doesn't make grades, like people are saying he won't, and this guy wanted to commit and we told him no...

You recruit student athletes. You don't recruit athletes.

• Mavric changed the title to DT Calvin Avery [Illinois - Signed LOI]