DE Micah Parsons [Penn State- Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

116 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Parsons commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

there was talk he wouldn't even be able to make it for Nebraska/Wisconsin due to the ACT right?

It is hilarious to watch our fans try to spin this in a positive light though. If he moved his Nebraska visit date up like this we would be freaking out about how he must be in love with us and blah blah. Now he does it for tOSU and everyones talking about how great it is to have the last visit. 

Just trying to be somewhat realistic here.

EDIT- he also said a decision was coming "soon". Well....

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

there was talk he wouldn't even be able to make it for Nebraska/Wisconsin due to the ACT right?

It is hilarious to watch our fans try to spin this in a positive light though. If he moved his Nebraska visit date up like this we would be freaking out about how he must be in love with us and blah blah. Now he does it for tOSU and everyones talking about how great it is to have the last visit. 

Maybe he wants to go to the OSU/Oklahoma game and it works with his schedule? OSU might have another 5 star coming this weekend but I think their big recruiting weekend is setup for the Penn State game. Even if he did verbal to OSU, you still recruit him until he signs. 

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think its a good thing we get a crack at him after ohio state. I actually think he is a silent to nebraska at the moment. He raves about NU and posts tons of nebraska stuff. I think it was Josh Moore said we have a 5 star silent. Who else would it be? Not in on any 5 stars at the moment. Perhaps he wants to commit publicly sooner than later so he moved up ohio state visit so thats done so when he comes for nebraska he can say he took his other top visit so he could commit on site at wisconsin. Or maybe thats just me being optimistic. 

Jalen Hall is a 5-star. I think Parsons is the silent though.

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

So being a fan and spinning things positively is a joke and being a fan and spinning things negatively is cool.....I get it now

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Those that think he is going to commit this weekend. Does that change if oklahoma beats them by 2 tds or more?

I dont think he commits anywhere till he sees nebraska v wisconsin. i think he really likes it here.

I would tend to agree with this. Just from the stuff I've seen on twitter it is more Nebraska than OSU. Now ill be the first to admit that his twitter doesn't mean much when it comes to where he will end up but there is legit interest in us. If he does commit to OSU this weekend he will have had a huge change of heart in the last week or so. 

41 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

So being a fan and spinning things positively is a joke and being a fan and spinning things negatively is cool.....I get it now

never said either one of those things- you are putting words in my mouth for the sake of a few +1's. 

I just don't see how you can follow the entirety of Parsons' recruitment and assume this is a good thing for Nebraska. Its your (and the other sunshine pumpers) opinion, you're entitled to think differently on it. But when he's visited tOSU multiple times and only been to UNL once, has the relationship he has with Larry Johnson, every crystal ball from the year of 2017 has been placed for tOSU,  wore tOSU gloves during his game last week, moves up his OV to this week against Oklahoma, and has been on record saying he will commit soon... it doesn't exactly spell out to being a good thing for Nebraska. Not to mention the entire reason he decommitted from Penn State was because he went to a tOSU camp and fell in love with it there.

Oh. And he isn't even 100% sure the OV for Wisconsin game will take place because the ACT is that weekend. 

I get it, you think me pointing out these things somehow means I'm "spinning" against the Huskers and it makes me a bad fan for doing so. Do I think Micah likes Nebraska? Absolutely. Do I think he likes Ohio State more? Read the above and tell me why that wouldn't be the case..

We'll find out soon enough. I'll gladly be wrong on this- we need players like Parsons in the worst way. But until someone of this caliber is signed, sealed, and delivered for Nebraska I'll say that programs like tOSU will almost always remain in the drivers seat for their services. 

• Plus1 4