OK, what are lures or Pokelures or whatever you call them

There are two options in the game of drawing Pokemon towards you. If you're walking around you can use an incense, or if you want to stay put at a Pokestop, you can use a lure module on it to attract Pokemon and then any players around that stop will also benefit from it instead of just you.

I evolved an Eevee into a Jolteon. Eevee's attack wasn't electric, just a standard body slam so I guess it could evolve to any option. My son seems to think that Eevee in PG will only evolve to 1 of 3 options and that it isnt dependent on its attacks.....

I evolved an Eevee into a Jolteon. Eevee's attack wasn't electric, just a standard body slam so I guess it could evolve to any option. My son seems to think that Eevee in PG will only evolve to 1 of 3 options and that it isnt dependent on its attacks.....

Your son is right. Eevee evolutions are completely random.

Disproven. Confirmed on reddit that naming your Evee either Sparky, Rainer, or Pyro will force evolve into Jolteon, Vaporeon, or Flareon, respectively.

Edit: they seem to think it may only be a one time thing for each type so take it for what you will.

Is this serious? I've evolved 2 Eevee and gotten a Flareon and Vaporeon. I'll try naming my third (I am FLUSH in Eevee at my house) Sparky and see what happens.

Disproven. Confirmed on reddit that naming your Evee either Sparky, Rainer, or Pyro will force evolve into Jolteon, Vaporeon, or Flareon, respectively.

Edit: they seem to think it may only be a one time thing for each type so take it for what you will.

Is this serious? I've evolved 2 Eevee and gotten a Flareon and Vaporeon. I'll try naming my third (I am FLUSH in Eevee at my house) Sparky and see what happens.

I named one Pyro and sure enough, it evolved into a Flareon. Seems to have been confirmed across the internet as well.

I named one Pyro and sure enough, it evolved into a Flareon. Seems to have been confirmed across the internet as well.

Yep, I have Vaporeon and Flareon, named my third Eevee Sparky and it evolved into a Jolteon. Nifty little easter egg.

I don't know how the game works, but my wife thinks it's the best thing ever. My step son who used to be glued to his laptop 24/7 (especially in the summer) has been out and about constantly. She said she took him to some land marks around the area and 10 to 20 people were there doing the same thing, striking up conversations with perfect strangers, people getting exercise that otherwise wouldn't.

I'm not sure which one is more important for kids these days. Probably exercise.

Looks like I'm not missing out on anything important

Oh you're missing out buster. Big time missing out.

JJ, I never took you for a guy that would play this. I LOL'd pretty hard at this comment. Good for you.

You quite finished, Dewiz?

It's a way to encourage kids to get outside and off their asses, walk, perhaps get some exercise. That's not a bad thing.

As a PE teacher I was skeptical, but, in this day and age, you can't fight technology anymore. I'm glad kids are getting outside even if its on their phone. It's better than sitting inside playing video games. Sitting there watching TV is worse yet. At least video games stimulate the brain with problem solving. Watching TV programming has to be about the worst thing anyone can ever do. Unless it's football. :)

Dewiz, you're trying to spend almost two thousand dollars on a gaming computer that you want to be sure can play games at 4k instead of 1080p, and you want to spend 5 minutes making a bunch of posts mocking people playing a game that's free, encourages exercise and is on a device that we all already own?

If I wanted to play games at 4k than why did I buy a 1440p monitor? Sanders advised me to look into 1440p instead of 4k which I did.

Besides who said I was just going to use it only for gaming?

Lol at it encouraging kids to exercise. It also encourages kids to glue there faces more into their phones and get hit by cars.

Well enjoy your game

Says the adult that has nearly 6,000 posts on an internet forum. Which means you lurk a bunch too without commenting. Just like all of us.

Did you know the things you hate about others are the things you hate about yourself?

• Fire 1

For the record, I don't play. After reading this, I'm thinking I may start though.

LOMS, you want to give me a quick pep talk as to why I should play?

Honestly thinking about incorporating PGO as one of my upper Elementary PE units. One of the UNK PE program heads is already all over it on twitter. Do local small towns not have as much access to Pokemon?

• Fire 1

LOMS, you want to give me a quick pep talk as to why I should play?

If you were within the age range of the original Gameboy games coming out, or when the trading cards took over schools, it's a really fun callback towards something that you'd be surprised how much you remember.

If not, I know some people who still play it who were never into Pokemon but I'm sure it'd be tougher to get into. It's basically like any other good phone game, it gives incentives and rewards to keep gaining experience and leveling up, but it also uses some cool little augmented reality bits, and encourages exercise and social interaction. Any rare-ish pokemon aren't going to be found wherever you're plopped down, you'll have to go search, as well as walk to hatch Pokemon eggs, and often at parks and public places you get a lot of people from all ages getting together and showing others where they found certain things.

Important note though, I don't know how enjoyable it is in smaller/more rural areas. Playing in Chicago is a luxury because there's people and stops everywhere.

Yeah, I'm not sure how it is playing in smaller towns. Lincoln's big enough for an enjoyable PokeGo experience--Omaha all the better. But smaller towns with fewer PokeStops and Gyms might not as worth the investment.

I saw a picture of San Francisco where every PokeStop on the map had a lure placed on it.

Also, I finally got myself a Pikachu!

Pokemon Go: Teenager shot and killed while searching for creatures in game

By Andrew Griffin @_andrew_griffin 11 hours ago

'He was already in bed when his cousin sent him a message asking him to go out and download a game a few blocks from the house,' Jerson Lopez de Leon's mother said
I imagine the kid was killed for reasons other than Pokemon. Probably drugs or gang related. Sad stuff. :dunno: