I wonder if it's related to population density? I know someone who lives in a huge apartment complex in a city and he said he had 13 appear in just his apartment. Maybe it's a spawn point though.

It definitely is. It's based off of Niantic's previously existing framework, which I think was built using crowdsourcing a heat map, so it makes sense that the more dense areas are more active and populated with pokestops/gym/pokemon.

As of now I'm the owner of a Magikarp, Pidgey, Venonat, Bellsprout, Pigeotto, Kakuna, Spearow, Wartortle, Horsea, Nidoran, Drowzee, Clefairy, Paras, Caterpie, Flareon, Krabby, Seel, Zubat, and Charmander.

Nice! Did you find the Flareon in the wild or evolve it?

Well enjoy your game

I will. I have been, its been a blast, just as I'm sure your new pc will be a blast for you. Still don't understand what leads you to trash other people for doing and talking about something they find fun.

Evolved the Flareon. Is it true that you know what your Eevee will evolve into based on it's secondary move?

I guess I don't know if it's based on that or not but it makes sense. On some platforms, it's evolution is based on which attack it has already used or on other conditions. In PG I guess it would make sense that it evolves in line with the only attack it could make.

Was your Eevee's secondary attack Fire Stone? That would be Flareon.

Vaporeon- Water Stone

Jolteon-Thunderstone

Sylveon-knows fairy move?

Umbreon- happiness, nighttime

Espeon- happiness, daytime

Leafeon- near a mossy rock

Galceon-near an icy rock

http://pokemondb.net/evolution

The Eevee evolutions are plentiful, too. Almost every gym around me has at least 1 at it.

I need to get a bit stronger before taking gyms on. Nothing but Pidgeys and Ratatta's around me (although I've got a pretty nice Pidgeot from it).

Same here, Rattata and Pidgey are by far the most plentiful I've seen. Also there seems to be a fair amount of Ponyta and Geodude.

I've evolved a nice Pidgeotto and captured a fully evolved Pidgeot. Also evolved a Raticate and captured one.

I'm pretty sure I would get murdered in a gym battle. I need to get much stronger. I haven't declared a team yet, think I'm going yellow team (whichever that is), just because that is the team my son and his buddies chose.

I am way behind on games. I just started playing CoC.

I've been playing CofC for quite awhile but my clan sucks. We have to be the worst warring clan ever. Been kind of ignoring it since I got going on PG.

We have a decent clan but aren't a serious war clan. We are more of a casual war clan.

Check us out if you want...Clan: Huskers ID: #2RRRPJRJ

Is the point of the game to walk around and find these animals?

My kids have yet to explain it to me and I have no idea what the game is about.

Yes, you walk around to capture them. I would say you can also drive but that is dangerous unless you have somebody doing the driving for you.

There are also poke stops scattered around, usually by landmarks, statues, etc. At those you can get items like poke balls, eggs, incense, etc. that you use to help catch more and to heal if you battle. I don't know much about how the gyms work but you can battle at those. You can also takeover a gym by leaving one of your pokemon there. There are 3 teams, you have to declare a team to battle at gyms. If the gym is already controlled by your team color, I think it is considered a friendly gym.

If nothing else, it's maybe the first augmented reality phenomenon of this scale. Pretty neat. On top of that, it's arguably the roots of Pokemon (a riff off the Japanese hobby of insect-catching) realized in the best format, though the software itself seems to have had mixed receptions.

Is the point of the game to walk around and find these animals?

My kids have yet to explain it to me and I have no idea what the game is about.

Yes, you walk around to capture them. I would say you can also drive but that is dangerous unless you have somebody doing the driving for you.

There are also poke stops scattered around, usually by landmarks, statues, etc. At those you can get items like poke balls, eggs, incense, etc. that you use to help catch more and to heal if you battle. I don't know much about how the gyms work but you can battle at those. You can also takeover a gym by leaving one of your pokemon there. There are 3 teams, you have to declare a team to battle at gyms. If the gym is already controlled by your team color, I think it is considered a friendly gym.

OK, what are lures or Pokelures or whatever you call them