A man you can bait with a Tweet

18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He’s brought it all on himself by his words and actions.

He’s “under siege” because he’s a f#&%ing terrible person.

I agree he brings a lot of it on himself, but the 24/7 media sh*tstorm that goes on, a lot of it is made up. 

So when liberals or never-trumpers complain about people still supporting Trump and wonder why, you can blame it on the media for creating a boy-cried-wolf scenario where everyone has misconstrued and exaggerated every step of the Trump presidency. The left has been in such disbelief that a person like Trump could even be elected that they've tried to manufacture a crisis out of every little thing that's gone on for the last 2.5 years to try and get Trump out of office by any means necessary. That as a result creates a strong opposite reaction and a distrust in everything the media says, so when people hear something bad about Trump via media, there's no reason for them to believe it's actually true...

I'm not excusing him, but that's just the truth about our current political climate...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I agree he brings a lot of it on himself, but the 24/7 media sh*tstorm that goes on, a lot of it is made up. 

So when liberals or never-trumpers complain about people still supporting Trump and wonder why, you can blame it on the media for creating a boy-cried-wolf scenario where everyone has misconstrued and exaggerated every step of the Trump presidency. The left has been in such disbelief that a person like Trump could even be elected that they've tried to manufacture a crisis out of every little thing that's gone on for the last 2.5 years to try and get Trump out of office by any means necessary. That as a result creates a strong opposite reaction and a distrust in everything the media says, so when people hear something bad about Trump via media, there's no reason for them to believe it's actually true...

I'm not excusing him, but that's just the truth about our current political climate...

Fox spent a day reporting on a tan suit. This happens to the president and if you continually lie, attack and belittle others, and generally not understand what the heck you are doing then you will probably attract even more attention.

• Plus1 3
45 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Not defending him, because i find a lot of what he says to be utterly ridiculous, but he probably wouldn't need to tweet so many attacks if he wasn't under constant siege from the media...

There is good reason he is under 'siege'.  He deserves it and you confirm it in your post - he is 'utterly ridiculous' in his statements and actions.   So there is a quid pro quo - just not the kind Trump wanted in lets say Ukraine  

- Say stupid things - Get Media Negative attention. 

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Fox spent a day reporting on a tan suit. This happens to the president and if you continually lie, attack and belittle others, and generally not understand what the heck you are doing then you will probably attract even more attention.

That's fair. But is it your contention that Obama was under anywhere near the scrutiny and outrage that Trump has been? 

• Plus1 1
Just now, TGHusker said:

There is good reason he is under 'siege'.  He deserves it and you confirm it in your post - he is 'utterly ridiculous' in his statements and actions.   So there is a quid pro quo - just not the kind Trump wanted in lets say Ukraine  

- Say stupid things - Get Media Negative attention. 

Again, that's fair. But i will say that Trump tends to be the counter puncher much more than the instigator in most scenarios

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

That's fair. But is it your contention that Obama was under anywhere near the scrutiny and outrage that Trump has been? 

I'll say this. Obama recieved more undeserved scrutiny than Trump has. Trump recieves more in general but that is a direct result of his actions. If Obama acted like Trump does on a daily basis the outrage would have been unreal. Way worse than it is now I can say that with confidence.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

I'll say this. Obama recieved more undeserved scrutiny than Trump has. Trump recieves more in general but that is a direct result of his actions. If Obama acted like Trump does on a daily basis the outrage would have been unreal. Way worse than it is now I can say that with confidence.

You could easily say that Obama (and Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, etc) did not receive nearly enough scrutiny for things they actually did. People act like the things happening currently under Trump never happened before, but in reality most of the things the media and left have obsessed over for 2.5 years were actually worse under prior admins, but those guys were more "likeable" :facepalm:

• Plus1 1
Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

Obama didn't say the outrageous things Trump has said.   

Look, I'm no fan of Obama, but don't start the 'same as' game.  I voted for McCain and Romney and did so proudly.  But in retrospect, Obama is much more presidential in  how he handled himself in the office - even if I didn't agree with many of his policies. 

I wasn't an official "Never Trumper" in the primaries - I just didn't care for him or vote for him.  I gave him the opportunity to 'grow up and grow into the presidency' but he never has. Therefore, I have no desire to see him in the WH.   And because he has proven to be a person devoid of character worthy of the WH - I'm officially a Never Trumper. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Obama was under as much or more scrutiny than Trump is. There was just less to scrutinize because he wasn’t a piece of s#!t of a person. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Moiraine said:

Obama was under as much or more scrutiny than Trump is. There was just less to scrutinize because he wasn’t a piece of s#!t of a person. 

LOL. Every president in my lifetime has been a piece of s#!t person. If you would like to rank hierarchies of s#!t, we can discuss that i suppose

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

You could easily say that Obama (and Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, etc) did not receive nearly enough scrutiny for things they actually did. People act like the things happening currently under Trump never happened before, but in reality most of the things the media and left have obsessed over for 2.5 years were actually worse under prior admins, but those guys were more "likeable" :facepalm:

Obama and Bush did the following???:

Muslim Ban?

Zero tolerance for asylum seekers or illegal immigrants with children?

Attacking the free press?

Attacking US intelligence services?

Calling American citizens "losers", "haters", and "scum"?

Bragged about grabbing women by their p****ies?

Shredded international agreements without a backup plan?

Declared fake emergencies to divert funds approved by congress?

Made money in private business by renting/charging government services for the use of properties?

Had unqualified people working in sensitive arenas without adequate security clearances?

Alienated allies while admiring the dictatorial qualities of leaders like Un, Assad, and Putin?

Really????

• Thanks 3
6 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Really? I mean are you serious? What was worse under prior admins that Trump is super scrutinized for?

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Really? I mean are you serious? What was worse under prior admins that Trump is super scrutinized for?

Weaponizing the IRS

Bombing the middle east

Starting unconstitutional wars

Literally the same thing they're trying to impeach Trump for - quid pro quo 

Children in cages - the infamous pic they used to slander Trump was from when Obama was in office

Running guns to Mexican drug lords

Need more? 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

The guy constantly tweets...even late at night or early in the morning when he's sitting on the pot.  Many of these are attacking people personally or flat out lies.

So....the media is supposed to just ignore these?

Come on.....

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The guy constantly tweets...even late at night or early in the morning when he's sitting on the pot.  Many of these are attacking people personally or flat out lies.

So....the media is supposed to just ignore these?

Come on.....

Not what I said but ok... i actually think Trump wants the media to obsess over his tweets. It brings attention to himself and shows his supporters that the media is their enemy which makes their support for him stronger. 

• Plus1 1