How many NCs should NU claim?

I woulf love to see some of those trophies that Alabama claims rights to. Do half of them even exist or are they sitting in a different state?

Not Alabama, but Kentucky just had this one made to show off in their new athletics center

kentucky-1950-trophy.png

Something tells me they wouldn't have been handing out something that looks like the Sears trophy back in 1950/51. That's just stupid. At least make it time period so it would be at least 1% believable.
It would probably be like a plaque title out of wood. Something that was cheaper to make than whatever the 1970 trophy is made of.

Kinda like Michigan's "1997 National Championship" plaque?

I don't understand how anyone could have chosen Nebraska in 1983 or 1993. We lost both of those on the field. Those are no-brainers.

Maybe the 1983 voters considered it was a close loss on their sopping wet home field. Maybe the 1993 voters considered the perplexingly bad calls by the officials late in the game. :dunno:

I'm not arguing that we *should* be #1 in those years. Just pointing out the circumstances that some voters may have taken into consideration.

1982 was essentially stolen by a referee, so I count that one. I agree..... if we have a four team playoff during the 80s, we win two or three more NCs. I am certain.

I also think that we should claim one of the early ones..... there was one season (might have been 1915) where not only was Nebraska unbeaten, they were unscored upon. If you play an entire season without giving up so much as a single point, then that ought to count for something.

1982 was essentially stolen by a referee, so I count that one. I agree..... if we have a four team playoff during the 80s, we win two or three more NCs. I am certain.

I also think that we should claim one of the early ones..... there was one season (might have been 1915) where not only was Nebraska unbeaten, they were unscored upon. If you play an entire season without giving up so much as a single point, then that ought to count for something.

Agree - however did we play the Omaha ymca that year.... to tired to look.

Just the five from the major selectors. We have arguably the best claim to all of the five official titles we claim, and while we could claim others, there are better arguments for other teams than Nebraska. The stretch from 1980-1984 would be silly to claim titles from, for example. However, give us a playoff in those years and I'll bet Nebraska gets at least one title in that span. Lots of things change in a playoff. You get more film, players get banged up, etc.

I don't understand how anyone could have chosen Nebraska in 1983 or 1993. We lost both of those on the field. Those are no-brainers.

1993 was lost in the field of the referees bank account

http://www.huskermax.com/allgames/1900s.html 1902 might be the year you are refering too, didn't see anything in 1915 or any of the other teens though.

No Omaha Y that year, but we did play someone called "Knox"

http://www.huskermax.com/allgames/1900s.html 1902 might be the year you are refering too, didn't see anything in 1915 or any of the other teens though.

No Omaha Y that year, but we did play someone called "Knox"

Knox is legendary for their blocks.

We should probably claim the 2009 championship. I mean we basically beat Texas who "WOULD" have beaten Alabama with Colt. So pretty much we were undefeated, save for 3 other losses that shouldn't count. Make us a trophy!

#SECLogic #A&Mstyle

LOL!!!! Well played sir.

I was so angry when Applewhatever went down, because I knew they would whine and use that as an excuse.

• 3 months later...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. NC's are overrated. Just get W's. That's all you have control over. I realize the debate is what makes CFB special, and I realized their is a playoff now, but that just pushes the argument down two spots. On the other end of the spectrum NCAA BBALL has what? 68 spots? I doubt the best team rarely actually wins. It's just random at that point.

It's not random. Better teams have a better chance to get deeper in the tourney plain and simple. You do get your Cinderellas, but to say it's random is just simply not true