Barfknecht: History says Huskers must get tough at the top

Here's a rebuttal by Dave Feit. He exposes some of Lee's motives.

https://feitcanwrite.com/2016/08/29/history-says-huskers-must-get-tough-at-the-top-a-rebuttal/

Oddly, Lee preaches "toughness" but is mentally weak enough that he blocks anyone on twitter who disagrees with him. He can talk about toughness just as much as I can talk about coaching, but it's pretty clear neither of us are an expert about those subjects.

shC9J7q.png

• Fire 3

https://feitcanwrite.com/2016/08/29/history-says-huskers-must-get-tough-at-the-top-a-rebuttal/

Oddly, Lee preaches "toughness" but is mentally weak enough that he blocks anyone on twitter who disagrees with him. He can talk about toughness just as much as I can talk about coaching, but it's pretty clear neither of us are an expert about those subjects.

shC9J7q.png

That's gonna ruffle some feathers...

Yes, the Big XII North and Big Ten West have been – woefully or not – average over most of the last 16 seasons. But let’s not pretend like the Big 8 was a grueling gauntlet for most of the Devaney/Osborne years. Personally, I believe that in the conference championship game era, a division title is equivalent to a conference title in the pre-BCS era. You played one really good team (Oklahoma), and few above average teams (Colorado and Missouri or Okie State) and bunch of nobodies (Iowa State, K-State, Kansas, etc.). How is that different from the path NU took to win the Legends in 2012? Or the Big XII North in 2006, 2009, or 2010? It’s not.

I think if Barfy walked onto the practice field and told Cav or Parrella that they don't coach toughness, he might not wake up for a week.

but our head coach rode a bicycle to work for 10 years ;)

Beats sleeping over at his players house ..... then again beating MU will be a trend similar to MSU.

shC9J7q.png

This is excellent. Much, much better than the original article.

I think if Barfy walked onto the practice field and told Cav or Parrella that they don't coach toughness, he might not wake up for a week.

but our head coach rode a bicycle to work for 10 years ;)
yeah! He should drive an suv or truck like a real man, with air conditioning and heated seats. Wimpy ass cyclists and their actually using their own energy to move, while getting rained on or sliding around in the snow and ice!

In regards to the third longest B10 drought ---that actually isn't accurate. You have to realize that the Big Ten didn't implement a conference championship until 2011. There were many seasons where there was a two-way tie, but both schools were "champions"

We would have tied for the B12 championship in 2010

No.

Spin it how you want but within the rules of the Big12. There were no ties. That's that silver lining bullcrap. C'mon. Be honest. This is accurate within the rules each conference had in place. Quit trying to find something that isn't there.

Yes, exactly! You missed the point here: The B10 allowed ties while the B12 did not, so comparing difficulty of obtaining a championship between those conferences is an apples to oranges comparison.

shC9J7q.png

Down goes Barfy!
  • Fire 1

shC9J7q.png

That's gonna ruffle some feathers...

Yes, the Big XII North and Big Ten West have been – woefully or not – average over most of the last 16 seasons. But let’s not pretend like the Big 8 was a grueling gauntlet for most of the Devaney/Osborne years. Personally, I believe that in the conference championship game era, a division title is equivalent to a conference title in the pre-BCS era. You played one really good team (Oklahoma), and few above average teams (Colorado and Missouri or Okie State) and bunch of nobodies (Iowa State, K-State, Kansas, etc.). How is that different from the path NU took to win the Legends in 2012? Or the Big XII North in 2006, 2009, or 2010? It’s not.

I have had similar thoughts about comparing division titles to winning the old Big 8.