*** 2016 Game 1 "Expert" Picks: Fresno State at Nebraska***

Saunders

Those Big Ten Network picks are eye opening. Those guys really have no faith in Nebraska this year.

None of them picked NU in the top 3 of the west this year, and yet they're all aboard the Iowa train 100%. Like, they're all expecting them to win double digit games back to back for the first time in 12 years.

After having watched and listened to them, I can see why they're high on Iowa. Iowa only faces one ranked team. While our schedule might very well not be that difficult, it is more difficult than Iowa's. Iowa barely even has a game before October.

Those Big Ten Network picks are eye opening. Those guys really have no faith in Nebraska this year.

None of them picked NU in the top 3 of the west this year, and yet they're all aboard the Iowa train 100%. Like, they're all expecting them to win double digit games back to back for the first time in 12 years.

After having watched and listened to them, I can see why they're high on Iowa. Iowa only faces one ranked team. While our schedule might very well not be that difficult, it is more difficult than Iowa's. Iowa barely even has a game before October.

I guess ours is probably marginally tougher. But we only play two ranked teams so there's not a large amount of difference.

Gery DiNardo was on 93.7 The Ticket with Happer & Stevens yesterday. They asked him about this game, and picking Nebraska 4th in the West despite the HUGE disparity in recruiting rankings between Nebraska and everyone else. DiNardo hemmed and hawed and gave this really lame answer, saying basically that's not what the recruiting service that HE subscribes to shows. He didn't say what that service was, though.

http://www.theticketfm.com/happer-stephens/gerry-dinardo-btn/

• Fire 3

Iowa is currently enjoying the same stretch of seasons of not playing Michigan State or Ohio State for their cross-divisional games like Wisconsin did for the past few seasons. They do have Michigan at home this season though.

That's really the only possible way that they could even *hope* doing much with this season. The fact that any "experts" would pick them to do anything decent this season is a true testament to how pathetic the West really is.

Please, Mike...make the most of this season. Our opponents are basically hammered dog ****.

Gery DiNardo was on 93.7 The Ticket with Happer & Stevens yesterday. They asked him about this game, and picking Nebraska 4th in the West despite the HUGE disparity in recruiting rankings between Nebraska and everyone else. DiNardo hemmed and hawed and gave this really lame answer, saying basically that's not what the recruiting service that HE subscribes to shows. He didn't say what that service was, though.

I am starting to get the vibe that Gery is just not all that impressed with Riley. For some reason, I have no idea why that would be but I have have the feeling.

• Fire 1

I am starting to get the vibe that Gery is just not all that impressed with Riley. For some reason, I have no idea why that would be but I have have the feeling.

Gerry DiNardo is a Bill McCartney desciple. He was the Oline and then OC at Colorado until he got his first HC gig. I am not sure how much he cares for Nebraska in the first place. He also played at ND when NU kicked the crap out of them in the Orange Bowl. He was a HC for 12 years accumlating a remarkable record of 59-76-1. He had exactly 3 winning seasons all at LSU. He is the guy that was fired at LSU and a guy named Nick Sabin took over for and pretty much had immediate success. His coaching record makes MR look like a HOFer.

With that being said, all he really had to say was until they prove me otherwise I will stick with my observations.

I get the same feeling from Glen Mason that they arn't really Nebraska lovers do to the way they got their ass kicked when they coached against NU.

• Fire 1

Gerry DiNardo is a Bill McCartney desciple. He was the Oline and then OC at Colorado until he got his first HC gig. I am not sure how much he cares for Nebraska in the first place. He also played at ND when NU kicked the crap out of them in the Orange Bowl. He was a HC for 12 years accumlating a remarkable record of 59-76-1. He had exactly 3 winning seasons all at LSU. He is the guy that was fired at LSU and a guy named Nick Sabin took over for and pretty much had immediate success. His coaching record makes MR look like a HOFer.

With that being said, all he really had to say was until they prove me otherwise I will stick with my observations.

I get the same feeling from Glen Mason that they arn't really Nebraska lovers do to the way they got their ass kicked when they coached against NU.

I see what you are saying but I think that Gery just flat out might not think much of Riley and his coaching. I don't think it is a Nebraska bias, in fact, most years he seems to be really high on NU

Tom Dienhart: Nebraska 30 - Fresno State 27

At this point I honestly think Dienhart is doing this for clickbait purposes. Fresno is one of the worst team's in CFB, so to say we are only 3 points better than one of the worst teams in CFB is asinine - and that is putting it midly.

If he thinks we'll go something like 6-6 this year I wouldn't argue with him, that's his opinion and that's fine. But Fresno is the easiest game on our schedule besides maybe Purdue, so to predict we'll win by 3 points is basically saying we're going to go 2-10 this year.

I see what you are saying but I think that Gery just flat out might not think much of Riley and his coaching. I don't think it is a Nebraska bias, in fact, most years he seems to be really high on N

I'm juse spitballing with that remark. chuckleshuffle But I am not sure anyone would consider him a great HC. Maybe Woody Woodenhoafer thinks he is a great HC. I do really get the feeling that Glen Mason would just as soon see Nebraska lose all of its games though.

The BTN guys really this it's going to be a close game? I don't get it

I really think the BTN and Big Ten 'establishment' and insiders in general do not want Nebraska to rise up from the dead and take control of the West division. They brought Nebraska in because we are a national brand whom they (Michigans, Ohio States, Penn State, Mich State, and presumably others) felt we were very 'beatable').

When I'd watch the BTN guys tour around the conference in years past, I would always be annoyed at how high they were on every team. They glowed about Purdue, Ohio State and Nebraska about equally.

They've changed, big-time, this year. They're clearly down on Nebraska, and I don't think it's click-bait or politics. Either they didn't do their homework or the other teams in the West, despite everything everyone around the country is saying, really have improved drastically.

That, or they truly think Nebraska is falling apart. Maybe the Keith Williams thing has something to do with this.