What did we learn-Wyoming edition

JJ Husker

Come on Mav.... Then what did you say? and don't come with look in the post above because we can all read that. Please explain yourself, so that I can understand what you meant. I will gladly take fault in the last 10 post if it is warranted.

You keep trying to absolve the play-calling of any fault whatsoever.

The point is they have to know that TA almost never throws it away. The part where you keep saying all he has to do is throw it away basically does not exist in this reality. The coaches should know this by now and call plays accordingly.

We also get points if TA throws the ball into the 30th row on the first three plays. The pass option was not a bad decision by the staff. If TA throws the ball away. We have 2nd down. Now the defense has to start thinking are we going to pass again or run? NU runs the ball on each consecutive play until we score with a defense that is 50/50 r/p. Nothing wrong with that thinking - execution ruined the drive.

How many more times does he have to make bad decisions before they realize they can't trust him to throw the ball away if it's not there?

So we are going to abandon the forward pass - interesting!!!

Mav you are a smart person - please don't suggest such a thing.

I would always try to run first..... and probably second too. I don't care about any stats. I might fake a pass and have Tommie run on a roll out because that's what he's good at.

And with your logic then TA will not make a wise decision inside either 20 or around mid field.

So when should we pass the ball?

As you are saying that he can not avoid the bad decision - that insinuates that there is never a good time to throw unless it is late in the game and we are down by more points then we can gain by running the ball which eats a lot of clock.

And with your logic then TA will not make a wise decision inside either 20 or around mid field.

As you are saying that he can not avoid the bad decision - that insinuates that there is never a good time to throw unless it is late in the game and we are down by more points then we can gain by running the ball which eats a lot of clock.

Good deflection.

Everybody talks about the best time to gain experience is in game mode. I feel the 4 yard line is an easy spot for TA because he has sideline and back of the end zone very close to him. If he can't see the "safe areas" from the 4 yard line then I'm not sure what better situation the staff can put him in when it comes to passing.

Good deflection.

What is that?

I'm gonna assume you're talking to me and throw out that "inside the 20" strawman.

On 1st and goal from the 4 ,we should run it 10 times out of 10. If our running game isn't working, the coaches and players need to find a way to make it work. It's not just Tommie, in general I don't want any QB passing in that situation when running is much more reliable. If we were completely outmatched on the line you might think that would be an exception, but that would probably mean we're getting our butts kicked in general and who really cares at that point.

Actually the comment wasn't directed to you. I think Mav has been the guy making the comments that I don't understand. It isn't so much if or not the running game is working - it has to do with being unpredictable in a good way. Some of the best running teams around have scoring drives that end with TD passes from inside the 5. Everybody made such a big stink about the INT from the 1 or 2 yard line ( I don't remember the situation - was it the superbowl or NCAA championship game a year or 2 ago). They later came out and said that the odds of fumbling were more likely then an INT, however since that play had just been picked off - everybody was on the band wagon of how stupid it is to call a 1 yard slant from the 1 was. It must not have been that bad of a call if the odds say that a fumble was more likely. It just happened that the execution wasn't perfect and the defender jumped the route perfectly - sh** happens....