No Sit Saturday?

Mavric

Any of you noticed the student section for the first two games? How has it been?

Went to the Wyoming game and they were pretty loud and stood the whole time. Didn't notice that many leaving early.

For the Fresno game there were filled all the way to the top (something that has been a problem recently)
Wait til it gets colder. UNLESS, we keep winning.

Any of you noticed the student section for the first two games? How has it been?

Went to the Wyoming game and they were pretty loud and stood the whole time. Didn't notice that many leaving early.

For the Fresno game there were filled all the way to the top (something that has been a problem recently)
Wait til it gets colder. UNLESS, we keep winning.

As someone who sits in East stadium student section, we vow to be loud the entire game even if we are being blown out, because our guys need that.

I never really understand this. Is there a difference between the amount of noise a fan can make sitting vs. standing?

I'm tall and healthy so there are no adverse effects to me. But there are many long time ticket holders who have trouble standing who have contributed far more to the program (money, support, etc) than any 20 something who is standing on his/her seat.

Is it fair to say that those people advocating to never sit can't answer the bolded question?

I never really understand this. Is there a difference between the amount of noise a fan can make sitting vs. standing?

I'm tall and healthy so there are no adverse effects to me. But there are many long time ticket holders who have trouble standing who have contributed far more to the program (money, support, etc) than any 20 something who is standing on his/her seat.

Is it fair to say that those people advocating to never sit can't answer the bolded question?

Think about 5-10 moments in your life where you were more excited and energized than you've ever been.

How many of them were you sitting down for?

• Fire 1

Can we just focus on being loud the entire time we're on defense? The place is almost silent between plays. Most other stadiums I've been keep the volume up between plays to. We are just too nice and let the other team get their play calls and adjustments in before we make some noise. Yeah I know Oregon doesn't huddle, but they still gotta talk...

• Fire 1

Think about 5-10 moments in your life where you were more excited and energized than you've ever been.

How many of them were you sitting down for?

Sure, our squad gets a TD or a sack and everyone jumps up and screams. Clearly, that is to be expected. But everyone making noise to make it more difficult for the opposing team is not about excitement. To deliberatively make noise (as opposed to the spontaneous screaming from excitement after a TD) it makes no difference whether one is sitting or standing.

Again, I'm tall, healthy and relatively young. I say this not for me but for those fans who have trouble standing for an entire game. It's not right to exclude them or make their experience miserable.

Sure, our squad gets a TD or a sack and everyone jumps up and screams. Clearly, that is to be expected. But everyone making noise to make it more difficult for the opposing team is not about excitement. To deliberatively make noise (as opposed to the spontaneous screaming from excitement after a TD) it makes no difference whether one is sitting or standing.

Again, I'm tall, healthy and relatively young. I say this not for me but for those fans who have trouble standing for an entire game. It's not right to exclude them or make their experience miserable.

Sorry, I just disagree. I don't think that standing has a direct correlation/causation with louder noise, but what it does is create an environment where A) people see that others around them are visibly showing their excitement which doesn't make people nervous about being an outlier screaming, and B) people are more prone towards or willing to become excited. This isn't some weird tangential thought just cooked up by people around here - people get more excited when they're standing, which has side effects.

Sorry, I just disagree. I don't think that standing has a direct correlation/causation with louder noise, but what it does is create an environment where A) people see that others around them are visibly showing their excitement which doesn't make people nervous about being an outlier screaming, and B) people are more prone towards or willing to become excited. This isn't some weird tangential thought just cooked up by people around here - people get more excited when they're standing, which has side effects.

Reasonable people can disagree. No problem with that at all.

For me, I think it is a stretch to suggest that fans will be more nervous about screaming while sitting. Similarly suggesting that sitting makes one less prone to become excited when the team makes a good play also seems far fetched. The very fact that sometimes the phrase "jumping out of their seats" (or "brought them to their feet") is sometimes used would suggest exactly the opposite.

But like I said, reasonable people can disagree. But even if I agreed with you about the qualitative differences between sitting and standing, I wouldn't agree that the difference is worth disenfranchising a whole class of fans who simply cannot stand for that long. Many of those fans who physically can't stand for that long have done far more for the program in terms of dollars and support than any student jumping up and down on their seat ever will.

Reasonable people can disagree. No problem with that at all.

For me, I think it is a stretch to suggest that fans will be more nervous about screaming while sitting. Similarly suggesting that sitting makes one less prone to become excited when the team makes a good play also seems far fetched. The very fact that sometimes the phrase "jumping out of their seats" (or "brought them to their feet") is sometimes used would suggest exactly the opposite.

But like I said, reasonable people can disagree. But even if I agreed with you about the qualitative differences between sitting and standing, I wouldn't agree that the difference is worth disenfranchising a whole class of fans who simply cannot stand for that long. Many of those fans who physically can't stand for that long have done far more for the program in terms of dollars and support than any student jumping up and down on their seat ever will.

Sure. I don't have a problem with people standing or sitting. Trouble is, there should be equal rights to both, yet the holdouts (whether legitimate or not) are the ones that usually win those battles. That's why the student section got moved to include some really terribly god-awful seats - because the people behind them didn't want to stand and couldn't see.

Fact is you can't make everyone happy, but #NoSitSunday at Pinnacle against Wisconsin sure made the players and coaches happy and was one of the most incredible sporting environments I have ever been a part of, with sympathies to those that struggled through it.

• Fire 1

I dont like people to stand because my kids cannot see the game. There is the danger if they stand on the standing person's seat that they lop off and get hurt. (One guy, who decided to stand up during defense, objected to him standing on his seat because my kids shoes got his seat wet last...well sit on your seat you knucklehead and you wont have the problem...My boys have the right to see the plays and not your hairy...) Plus children's legs get tired before most adults do (unless their elderly).

Sometimes we have to think of others and their needs first. I know it is difficult for some.

• Fire 3